LW Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS Turku, Liiga (2022, 1st, MTL) Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Hm.. Few months ago you said you were wrong, now you were ironic. Interesting. What point were you making with this "ironic" statement then? You have repeated it a few times as well by the way, much irony. The only ironic thing here are your pathetic attempts to talk shit all the time yet try to make others look bad. And spread your squabbles through 5 threads at the same time.

I don't know and I don't care, I thought you spend enough time on these boards to notice NHL draft isn't the thing I'm particularly interested in.
You dont understand sarcasm. Your problem, not mine.

You where obsessed with Iguchi.

Im far from the only one who called you a slovak hater.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I remember that 2 years ago, we were some to fight against the majority to affirm that Slovak hockey was going to become 7th again - that hockey was not dead in Slovakia.

We struggled against skepticism about Nemec and Slafkovsky. Personally, I saw Nemec as a definite 1st round, Slafkovsky a definite 2nd round, maybe first round.

Something that may seem shabby but for Slovak hockey since 2005 it was never happening.

Last year I really understood that Nemec would be top 10 and Slafkovsky 1st round. At the start of the current season, I saw Nemec at the top, Slafkovsky mid 1st round.

Now I have Slafkovsky 2 and Nemec 4. And there are Mesar and Sykora expected at the end of the 1st round/beginning of the 2nd round.

It will be the best draft class in the history of Slovak hockey and it is very likely that a Slovak will be selected 2nd, which would be a record.

Yes there were more Slovaks drafted during the 2000s but ultimately it was often failures. There have never been more than 3 Slovaks with a real NHL career. This class will probably give 4.

Slafkovsky is one of the most improved players. He is no longer the same player as last year. He already has this ability to combine physical commitment and offensive efficiency. Last year, I found it difficult to play with others, to be effective in the U20 world championship. There he seems to be a top player in Senior.

He and Nemec are already the 2 best players in the team. I don't forget a few game mistakes, the low adversity but that's 2 tournaments in 3 months for Slafkovsky.

They have experienced very rapid growth phases in recent months. Like a growing teenager. I can't see them slowing down when they're speeding up.

Players who will certainly be of the same caliber as Gaborik & Hossa & Chara.

With support behind. Only on the 2004 to 2008 generations, we should have 12 (maybe more) Slovaks to have a career of 300 games and + in NHL. 2006 will be a generation but there are guys born in 2007/2008 (Svrcek, Chovan, Tomik, Matta) who have extraordinary stats.

In short, many of us predicted the resurrection of Slovak hockey, but I don't think anyone would have thought it would be in these proportions.

A year ago it was difficult to say that Slovakia had the level of Switzerland and Germany. Things have changed a lot in such a short time.

If this is confirmed over an entire generation of players... we will really have to talk about 7 big nations full NHLer. Slovakia was close during the 2000s to being but it lacked depth, centers and above all it did not last long.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Or maybe they are very good? It's kinda dumb to just presume they are bad 'cos it's team Switzerland.
Historically it's a weak group, it'd be dumb to pretend it's not.

In one group you have Sweden, Finland, USA and the Czechs

The other you have Canada, Germany, Swiss and Slovakia.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
@Namejs what do the advanced statistics say, though? :huh:

FToELffWUAAKcKd

FToEEGoXwAcWIG-

vladis271

May 13, 2022
My man... Switzerland finished first in the group. I think that explains how weak the group is.
Or maybe, just maybe You could find something out about this Switzerland team. Before the world cup even started they were considered one of the favorites for the Gold.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

This is a pretty clever player comparison analysis:
  • Slafkovsky vs. Laine
  • Slafkovsky vs. Puljujärvi
  • Slafkovsky vs. Rantanen

I see the Puljujarvi comparison more than anything. I definitely see a Puljujarvi with better balance in him, I agree that they are the best comparison style wise.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Or maybe, just maybe You could find something out about this Switzerland team. Before the world cup even started they were considered one of the favorites for the Gold.
Your favourites for gold and #1 seed from the weak group A is going to lose to the #4 seed from group B. It was a weak group

Reactions: le_sean

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I wouldn't want to shit up the wright thread with smooth brain comments.
What’s smooth brained about what I posted? Did he not score 8 points against those countries and 1 point against the three I listed? Man you’re really defensive.

Reactions: Doc5

tmlmatus

Dec 29, 2013
Toronto
What’s smooth brained about what I posted? Did he not score 8 points against those countries and 1 point against the three I listed? Man you’re really defensive.
you're discrediting point production based on the competition he faces.

If that's the case then why even discuss point production at all when talking about any any player that plays in a development league.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
you're discrediting point production based on the competition he faces.

If that's the case then why even discuss point production at all when talking about any any player that plays in a development league.
I can discredit his poor Liiga totals too if you want, but I feel we’d need to put you in a straight jacket to settle down.

Reactions: MoneyManny

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
actually no, he didn't.

You wrote:
1 point against Canada, Finland and Germany.

He scored 0 points against these 3 teams. He scored that 1 point against Switzerland.

So no, your post was not even factually correct.

But here's the counterpoint to your post:

He scored 6 goals in 5 games against Sweden, USA and Finland at the Olympics.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
actually no, he didn't.

You wrote:

He scored 0 points against these 3 teams. He scored that 1 point against Switzerland.

So no, your post was not even factually correct.

But here's the counterpoint to your post:

He scored 6 goals in 5 games against Sweden, USA and Finland at the Olympics.
So thanks for clearing up my point even more.

And yes, he did score some goals in the ECHL Olympics. He had a good tournament.

• Haha
Reactions: degustator

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I get the Puljujarvi comparisons but to me , Slafkovsky looks like a better skater and better stick handling ability.Kesse doesn’t look as fluid or natural when skating or stickhandling . It’s like he is labouring to do so where Slaf looks more natural and smooth and under control . Jesse looks like he is just barely managing to maintain control at all times…

Reactions: romao and Ippenator

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Puljujarvi had really good hockey sense up until he came to North America. Not sure what happened there. I had high hopes for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad