LW Johnny Gaudreau (2011, 104th overall, Calgary) IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WKFan

Jan 6, 2008
Gaudreau

Really looks like the kids starting to put things together. Whatever he does this year it'll be all the more impressive that he's done it without a true top line NHL forward on his line. Imagine a Corey Perry-type to create space and finish all the chances that he's creating. Sadly those types of players don't grow on trees, but I think Ferland's game has a chance to be really complimentary once he's gotten a few games under his belt himself. Bonus being Ferland has been able to develop his game as a skilled player, but has it in him to play Semenko as needed (not that I'm making a Gretzky comparison, that'd be a little silly)

The deke from last night was impressive. Part of me wants to see more but part of me feels it makes JG a walking headshot waiting to happen, especially as more and more dmen are watching for him. Apparently hasn't missed a game for injury at all in hockey so I'll give the benefit of the doubt and enjoy the highlight reels!

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He is adapting and starting to do really well. Great value for a mid round pick. I thought Calgary was going to try to rebuild a bit still this season?

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Smaller players are very much capable of out-muscling larger players from the puck using superior balance, strength on their stick and positioning. You'e wrong again.

Step off, I'm not criticizing him lol. That's not really even outmuscling him. I'm talking about pushing a guy off the puck, which frankly he's not going to be able to do. Smart positioning, a strong stick and balance isn't really what I was getting at.

What you're talking about isn't really outmuscling a guy, it's something different. And it doesn't mean anything bad. It's just a different way to defend and gain possession. No need to get your panties in a bunch

stardefender*

Step off, I'm not criticizing him lol. That's not really even outmuscling him. I'm talking about pushing a guy off the puck, which frankly he's not going to be able to do. Smart positioning, a strong stick and balance isn't really what I was getting at.

What you're talking about isn't really outmuscling a guy, it's something different. And it doesn't mean anything bad. It's just a different way to defend and gain possession. No need to get your panties in a bunch

Not my fault you keep saying inaccurate things. Two guys go in the corner leaning on one another battling for the puck. Hockey is played on skates which makes balance a very important part of generating strength. Gaudreau is excellent at changing position on a dime, and has out muscled larger players in battles on many occasions. By your logic, a smaller player should never be able to out muscle a larger one and it happens all the time. Using your core, lower position of gravity etc. It's so elementary it shouldn't even need to be explained.

If you don't like having it pointed out you're incorrect, stop saying incorrect things.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
He is adapting and starting to do really well. Great value for a mid round pick. I thought Calgary was going to try to rebuild a bit still this season?

We are rebuilding. But it does help with the prospect depth we have to step in when our top end players get injured.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Johnny Hockey.

It's a minor thing, but one thing I really like is how after the shot they go behind the net and Jones tries to crush him into the boards. It looks like he has him lined up perfectly, but watch it closely and you'll see Gaudreau smoothly slip away with the narrowest margin for error.

Johhny Gaudreau is a hockey ninja.

nik-

Sep 13, 2004

Rebuilding doesn't have to mean tanking.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
His slow start was something some who have seen him a lot were expecting too. They mentioned he takes a bit to figure out the speed, get the trust of his coaches and then he starts to heat up. Looking like thats the case.

Beautifully put. Johnny Hockey has silenced the critics at every level. His reign of romantic artistry in the NHL has begun.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
His slow start was something some who have seen him a lot were expecting too. They mentioned he takes a bit to figure out the speed, get the trust of his coaches and then he starts to heat up. Looking like thats the case.
I think it was more of him trying so hard not to make a defensive mistake and get crapped on by Hartley(Sven anyone) than anything else. apparently one of his old coaches watched a couple of games, phoned him and told him to start doing what got him there.

stardefender*

apparently one of his old coaches watched a couple of games, phoned him and told him to start doing what got him there.

That's really interesting do you have a link or was it said on TV/radio? That would make a lot of sense. :nod:

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Johnny working his magic again against the habs.

1st period 2 assists!

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Yeah, but how many of those points were against NHL defenseman?:laugh:

mrdonkey

May 17, 2010
Just embarrassed Subban to set up a goal.

But he's too small and will get killed by real NHL defensemen.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Too be fair both points were good plays with a fantastic play by another Flame Jooris toe dragging along in front of Price for the 1st goal.
Brodie stops a rush in an instant then fires a backhand tape to tape through a hab stick to give Johnny the zone entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad