LW Bill Zonnon - Rouyn-Noranda Huskies, QMJHL (2025 Draft)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Good rookie season in the Q, considering the competition level in the Q is higher what in years.
Not that long cold streaks, steady production through out the season.

15 goals, about 40 points in 56 games so far.
Is +4 and with 112 sog.

Reactions: Lavar Ball

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Not only that, but he did this on the best team in the QMJHL playing a lesser role as a 17 year old, very good season for Zonnon.

Define what lesser role is?

I have the numbers. At 5 vs 5, he was #1 among all forwards (above Verreault and Loshko) in ice time on the team. He played on the 2nd PP unit and the 1st PK unit in ice time as well.

Dude was a key kog on that team and used in all situations playing nearly 20 minutes a night all year. Tons of responsibilities.

And his season was pretty fantastic even though the goal scoring might have been lower than it could have been.

I think he's tracking to be a top 2 rounds draft pick next year.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
How is 58 points in 68 games “shitty” by any stretch? He’s also not even eligible this year.
considering how he did last season, one should expect progress in production
he made only little of progress.

16 goals in 63 games last season, 18 goals in 68 games this season isn't progress
also from 0.65 pp to 0.85 ppg where most of the season he hovered in 0.60 range
but because he went just over 1.00 ppg in the latter part of the season,
pushed his ppg to 0.85

i ( and i presume others) was expecting helluva more

other 2024 and 2025 draft eligible prospects progressed much more
Zonnon did not

that's why i wrote shitty

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Had a slow, underwhelming start to the season but did a good job as the Huskies' top Center vs Victoriaville. Smart move by the coaches. They know they have to get Zonnon going if they wanna win this season. If Zonnon is able to not only play Center but stick between the Q's most dangerous wingers (at least right now) then he could be in for a good draft season. So far so good, he won some key faceoffs and had two primary assists (on one each from Verreault and Steiner).

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Certainly one of the more interesting forwards of the upcoming NHL draft. Very raw but has fantastic tools.

18 points in 12 games centering the most dominant line in the Q as a first time NHL draft eligible player. Not too bad. Still, he's way more green than you'd expect a late birthday prospect to be but he's probably just a big kid trying to learn a new position. Can also mean that there's a lot of potential to still unlock and him playing Center in his draft season can't be a negative either.

Both Zonnon and Lars Steiner are clearly helped by Verreault who's clearly too good for the Q and playing like a mad man...but it takes three for a line and they're getting the job done. It will be interesting to see if they'll be able to keep it up though once Verreault isn't around anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad