LW Arseniy Gritsyuk - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2019, 129th, NJD)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Rumor he may extend with KHL
I don’t have the interview handy but a few weeks ago the Devils GM implied Gritsyuk would likely stay in the KHL after this season.

I took that to mean the goal is for Gritsyuk to come over basically when he’s a finished product and if he is ready to step directly into the NHL.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I don’t have the interview handy but a few weeks ago the Devils GM implied Gritsyuk would likely stay in the KHL after this season.

I took that to mean the goal is for Gritsyuk to come over basically when he’s a finished product and if he is ready to step directly into the NHL.

Unfortunately it would make more financial sense for Gritsyuk to wait to come over. He could follow the Kirill Kaprizov route and sign his mandated 2 year ELC at age 23 (spring 2024) and immediately burn the first year. But also maybe waits to sign until age 24 since he'd only have to sign a 1 year ELC.

Signs spring 2024: 2023-24: ELC1, 2024-25: ELC2 then is RFA summer 2025
Signs spring 2025: 2024-25: ELC1, RFA summer 2025 -- but wouldn't have much on his NHL resumé.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Taking a page from Kaprizov's book, makes sense. Not easy to step directly into a contender so at least you limit the risk of having to play in the AHL for 2 years which naturally any Russian prospect of his stature avoids like wildfire.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Taking a page from Kaprizov's book, makes sense. Not easy to step directly into a contender so at least you limit the risk of having to play in the AHL for 2 years which naturally any Russian prospect of his stature avoids like wildfire.

They loaned Mukhamadullin back to his KHL team after signing him to his ELC, I wonder if they could promise Gritsyuk the same thing?

Obviously less flexibility for NJ to call him up, but it might be worth it to entice him to come over.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
A loan made sense with Mukhamadullin because of his age.

92446B3A-879F-48C0-8A1E-793B7FB05B52.jpeg

Devils signed him and burned the first year, which slided due to his age. He spent the second year in the KHL and still has two more years on his ELC.

Gritsyuk can only get a 2 year ELC, at most, at age 22-23. They can burn a year on it.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The kid needs to make that next step to a stardom in KHL, and then come to NHL as a player of Kuzmenko's caliber. Kinda similar to him talent and career wise.

Pretty sure Avangard will match the offer, they have money and gonna lose some top players, they can't let Gritsyuk go.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Pretty sure Avangard will match the offer, they have money and gonna lose some top players, they can't let Gritsyuk go.
They are allegedly paying Geraskin 50 million so not matching Gritsyuk for a similar price would be ridiculous.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Bummer for devils

They are allegedly paying Geraskin 50 million so not matching Gritsyuk for a similar price would be ridiculous.
Read elsewhere the SKA offer was 115 million. Gritsyuk camp was asking for 110 from avangard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad