Prospect Info: Luke Tuch

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It’s clear HuGo will view this year as a failure if the team isn’t playing for a playoff spot into April - I don’t see them derailing team chemistry for the sake of draft picks if the team is in a position to compete for a playoff spot at deadline
Nope. That's stretching it.
The hype this year has been blown out of proportion people have us running when we haven't even shown we can walk yet.
First things first let's get out of the pre-season and see what our team looks like.
Then we need to look at the first 10-15 games to determine if we can hold our own on special teams.
If that goes well and we aren't bleeding goals and giving up zone time then expectations can start to rise.
We will have to beat teams in our division starting with Ottawa who now have us at 9 straight on the wrong side.

Reactions: Meth Flanders

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
There’s more lessons to learn hence more losing, but, we’re getting into one step back two steps forward territory.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I wonder what his fighting skills are like, he wouldn't have fought much in NCAA, but if he has that dimension to his game you have to think he's coming for Pezzetta's spot soon.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Big shout for Luke Tuch, he's not too far from the NHL...and looks like one of those guys that when he's recalled, he's going to stick for good.
Yeah, he's been my revelation in camp, I was not expexting him to look THAT good. He's been really solid in his own zone, his speed is good also for a guy his size and his puck protection is really impressive.

I agree with you, at some point this season, he's gonna get the call and never return to the AHL.

Reactions: 417

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Big shout for Luke Tuch, he's not too far from the NHL...and looks like one of those guys that when he's recalled, he's going to stick for good.
He'll be on the team next year if everything goes smooth in Laval this year imo. He has the attributes we need in the bottom six.

Reactions: 417

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Pezzetta is marginal, Dvorak should be traded. Beck is not ready. Neither is Tuch.

However, Evans is not deadwood. Neither is Armia. Gallagher scored 16 goals last year. Anderson looks motivated.
Agreed on everything except Anderson.

Not sure how to read. Sounds like he wants a better season, but doesn't seem to show it, so hopefully that's just "it's pre-season"

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I thought it was funny that both the TSN play by play and Michel Lacroix credited Josh Roy with Tuch's play on Dach's goal.
Man I thought I was imagining things there, I swore I saw Tuch make the pass but even the little goal scoring announcement graphic on the screen said Roy.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Our bottom six has been littered with with so many veterans on multi-year multi-million dollar contracts who give inconsistent efforts.

Luckily we are starting to see some guys like Tuch, Kapanen, Heineman etc making names for themselves at camp and showing they are ready or close to it to play in the NHL. We could use more energy in our bottom six and these young guys are playing for their futures and showing they care as opposed to guys like Dvorak, Armia and Anderson who have got their big money contracts and show up when they feel like it.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I think he's good enough to stick around and take a spot

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Really like this kid, and I feel like he’s done more than enough to stay with the club for a few games to start off the year. He’s got size, he’s got decent hands too, and I find him to be a player that understands what his strengths are and plays within them. Keep him up over the smaller soft guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad