Prospect Info: Luke Tuch

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I like his game a lot. The last two prospect games showed me enough to feel he will have a place in our bottom six one day.

I always said he would get signed as posters questioned that due to his poor stats but when you have a big guy that can move like he does and has some hands, he's going to get interest from NHL GMs. They know that you can't really have guys like Ylonen on your 4th line if you are a playoff contender, you need guys like Tuch, that can score those dirty goals, be a pain in the ass to play against, have to keep your head up as with his size+speed combo he can send you into next week if you don't pay attention.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I always said he would get signed as posters questioned that due to his poor stats but when you have a big guy that can move like he does and has some hands, he's going to get interest from NHL GMs. They know that you can't really have guys like Ylonen on your 4th line if you are a playoff contender, you need guys like Tuch, that can score those dirty goals, be a pain in the ass to play against, have to keep your head up as with his size+speed combo he can send you into next week if you don't pay attention.
Can he kill penalties? Perhaps this guy could be a Travis Moen type for us in a season or two.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I think Tuch showed pretty well on the weekend. I think we have a solid 4th liner in the making in this player. Skates well, physical, and has some decent hockey sense. He seems to play pretty mean and hard. If he can PK, that's going to be a big asset for him and will help to keep him in the lineup.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Tuch’s name came up by MSL and Hughes. Imm telling you, i woudln’t be surprised if he’s in.
His game looked fairly mature to me this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a 4th line spot out of camp. There isn't high offensive upside, but the tools are good enough and the habits seem to be there.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Tuch’s name came up by MSL and Hughes. Imm telling you, i woudln’t be surprised if he’s in.

I watched the 2nd prospect game again and damn, Tuch hit everything that moved and is probably already top 5 in the organization in strength along the boards. I dunno if we'll have room for him right away unless we keep Roy down in Laval, but he might make things interesting.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Tuch will be an interesting one to watch in camp for sure. I think the brass must like his physicality and pro-style game. There is a bit of a log jam at forward, but at some point we're going to need to build a 4th line with an identity, rather than being comprised of a random assortment of overpaid vets who weren't good enough to stick in the top 9. Maybe they start that process this year and make some room for Tuch. Though I think he most likely starts in Laval.

Also, his profile picture on HockeyDB is hilarious:

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
I watched the 2nd prospect game again and damn, Tuch hit everything that moved and is probably already top 5 in the organization in strength along the boards. I dunno if we'll have room for him right away unless we keep Roy down in Laval, but he might make things interesting.
Pretty sure Pezzetta is more at risk of being waivered than Roy being sent down to Laval, even if he’s waiver exempt.
Tuch looked ready to steal Pezzetta’s chair: can’t wait to see how training camp goes.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Pretty sure Pezzetta is more at risk of being waivered than Roy being sent down to Laval, even if he’s waiver exempt.
Tuch looked ready to steal Pezzetta’s chair: can’t wait to see how training camp goes.

Pezz's chair is securely bolted to the press box. I wouldn't do that to a nice kid like Tuch who could be helping out Laval.

• Haha
Reactions: rickthegoon

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Well said! Stay watching can be very misleading. I think of Brady Tkachuk for example

Reactions: montreal

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

With the top of our lineup being absolutely loaded with young NHlers and stud prospects, players like Tuch are extremely valuable as cheap but effective bottom six players. I expect Hughes and company to really start to zone in on big bruising forwards with early picks for the next while as it will be important to have a conveyor belt of these archetypes when the top of the roster is making big dollars and we will need affordable but effective players to fill out the bottom.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think Tuch showed pretty well on the weekend. I think we have a solid 4th liner in the making in this player. Skates well, physical, and has some decent hockey sense. He seems to play pretty mean and hard. If he can PK, that's going to be a big asset for him and will help to keep him in the lineup.
He had a slow start as did his entire line but by the end of the first game they got their board play going.
He was much better in the second game he seemed to get his feet moving a little bit better.
This guy is the prototypical hard to play against bottom six player who will tire defenders with good board and zone play.
This matches Owen Beck's game to a tee.

Beck's best games have him/his line owning the zone something we are used to seeing being used against us.
I've been on about this for about three seasons now.
People underestimate the impact on your offense having a line(s) that can do this.
A perfect example was Beck's line in the WJHC.
Both goals that we scored in our final game came on the back of Beck's line dominating for a full shift and getting in a change or partial change.
How much better can our top lines be when we start spending less time and energy in our own end.
We've had three seasons of being gassed on many shifts just getting the puck over the center line.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I think Tuch is going to have to steal Armia's spot to make the NHL roster, otherwise they'll send him to the AHL for now and keep Pezzetta as the 13th forward.

Reactions: rickthegoon

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I think Tuch is going to have to steal Armia's spot to make the NHL roster, otherwise they'll send him to the AHL for now and keep Pezzetta as the 13th forward.
Armia is the team best PKer, he's not getting replaced by a rookie when management wants to let in less goals.

Reactions: Rapala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad