xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
RkV2Mri.png
What site is this from?

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Schenn's slow maneuverability is even noticeable at the AHL level, but he is able to compensate for it with physicality, picture perfect positioning, keeping bodies to the outside, very good, quick, accurate, sharp 1st pass, the ability to move people from in front, tie up guys in front when he is late gaining position, and outright intelligence related to the game.

I am not so sure how all of that works in the NHL with the sharp uptick in speed.

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
Just here to reiterate (my new mission) that Biega is a significantly better player than Gudbranson and Pouliot. If somehow Biega is scratched for Schenn, I'll be doing a lot of face-palms.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

Are those individual or on ice?
If on-ice, the exits are probably juiced in part from when he got to play with OEL cause our RD depth was garbage.

He was a decent enough fill in a couple years ago but I think the ever increasing speed of the league has permanently turned him into a #8.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Just here to reiterate (my new mission) that Biega is a significantly better player than Gudbranson and Pouliot. If somehow Biega is scratched for Schenn, I'll be doing a lot of face-palms.

I'm betting he is the insurance policy stashed in the pressbox or will switch with Brisebois who will go back to the PB.

Reactions: generic opinion

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I'm betting he is the insurance policy stashed in the pressbox or will switch with Brisebois who will go back to the PB.
This is most likely it. They likely didn't like what they saw with Brisebois' NHL game and he will probably be sent down within the next few days. Then again, they could just leave him in the PB like idiots and keep him from playing at all.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Gudbranson sucks. If they replace Gud with Schenn, it would be an upgrade. Please scratch Gud!

Last edited:

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Schenn's slow maneuverability is even noticeable at the AHL level, but he is able to compensate for it with physicality, picture perfect positioning, keeping bodies to the outside, very good, quick, accurate, sharp 1st pass, the ability to move people from in front, tie up guys in front when he is late gaining position, and outright intelligence related to the game.

I am not so sure how all of that works in the NHL with the sharp uptick in speed.

Sounds like Dana Murzyn.

Reactions: Wolfhard

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Well I hope if both Schenn and Guds are both in line up at least goon it up a bit next game. Lets make sure anybody comes near Petey and our goaltender is clobbered. Let's let teams know we won't take cheap shots against our more vulnerable players.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I can't wait. At the start of this season I knew our D would look ugly with injuries, but this is below even those expectations.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Poor Brisebois.

Gets called up, gets paired with the worst player in the NHL, goes -2 which wasn’t his fault, and is promptly blamed and replaced in the lineup.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
As others have alluded to, I suspect this is largely to have an extra body. Team likes to carry extra forwards/D

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I actually quite like Schenn. Remember him being a gutsy 18-year old trying to force his way onto the Leafs. Good cautionary tale about rushing prospects. I'll be interested to see what he can still bring to the game.

Honestly, he could probably help steady this defense. The Canucks can't complete an outlet pass so his lack of speed shouldn't hurt anything.

I like Schenn too. He's one of those players who can easily be your 6th or 7th Dman. He defends well and does play a physical game. He's just not quite fast enough for today's NHL.

Reactions: sting101

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad