Friedman: Luke Glendening to Toronto “Very Real”

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Leivo to the Red Wings was in one of Friedmans blogs a few days ago wasnt it? So it'll be Leivo and something for Glendening probably

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
a 2nd round pick would need to be attached to Martin for Detroit to even consider him considering that he makes $700,000 more then Luke does now.

However you get out from Luke's deal a year earlier for only 700k more. The lower of the leafs or sharks 2nd would make sense here.

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
I've warmed up to the idea, need to give the coach the tools he deems necessary. I would be willing to part with a B prospect and a mid to late pick, and potentially more if salary is retained and/or Martin is going the other way.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Too much is made of his stats considering he's a 4C that's been tasked with being a shutdown 3C.

Also- what would it take to bring Daley into the deal?

Would 2nd+3rd/4th+Carrick+Moore get things started?

Last edited:

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I've been saying this in the other Glendening to Toronto thread. Leaf fans will see his corsi and be all fired up about how bad he is (not saying you, just in general), some guys were saying hes not even an NHL calibre player but hes a great hockey player in his role. There isnt a lot of fourth line C's that I would take over him. In Toronto they have the depth to play him in his role, Detroit doesnt but to a playoff team hes useful. Babcock used to match him up against top lines like Crosby and he would come out pretty even. He wouldnt win the corsi battle ut he wouldnt give up a tonne of high quality scoring chances either. Hes a top 3, elite faceoff guy this year which in itself is useful but hes also really good defensively, a bit of a pest and will chip in offensively. If you dig deeper into his advanced stats instead of just corsi, youll see his usage impacts that a bit, but hes usually great at shot suppression and doesnt give up as many "high danger" chances as you would think given his corsi. Basically meaning he doesnt take a lot of shots but he doesnt give up many dangerous ones either.

Babcock would trust him matched up against a first or second line of another playoff team, freeing up Matthews or Kadri. I highly doubt Moore would see the ice in the playoffs. Hes a definite upgrade at 4C, and the Leafs wouldnt have to keep shopping around for one the next couple years.

Yep I agree. Kapanen was obviously never going to happen (and it seems like he was never asked for), and a second might be too rich for the Leafs unless the wings give a bit of cap relief by taking on Martin. By the time the wings are competitive, his 2.5 will be off the books and maybe he'll sign cheap with his childhood team. As a wings fan and the wings sucking I would be completely ok with watching a team that has Martin and Witkowski out there

Awesome, thank-you for the analysis. In that case, i would be happy to have him if it solidifies our 4th line. a 4th line of Komo-Glendenning-Kappy would have to be one of the best in the league

Reactions: newfy

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
If he comes at a reasonable price, i'm good with it. Better if we can move Martin in the deal as well.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Hopefully this goes through. Babs loves LG. If we're gonna trade him, that's where we get the best value.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
:leafs Glendnning, 2018 4th

:wings Levio + 2018 3rd

------

:leafs Glendening, Green, 2018 3rd

:wingsLeivo + 2018 1st

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
:leafs Glendnning, 2018 4th

:wings Levio + 2018 3rd

------

:leafs Glendening, Green, 2018 3rd

:wingsLeivo + 2018 1st

No need for Leivo tbh.

2nd deal isn't terrible, but we could get a 1st for Green alone (though admittedly it'll be a lower first).

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Me, every time I hear about Glendenning to Toronto:

vader.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad