Low Effort GDT Lowest effort GDT - Sens in Vegas

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Massive massive game against Colorado now. Every team chokes away a win here or there during the season. Every single team. The best teams shrug it off and forget about it quickly. Ottawa has let these type of games derail their season the past few years. They have to have a huge response against Colorado, come out hungrier than ever.
Yeah
Coming to Vegas and Colorado you expect to lose at least one
Would be disappointing to comeback from there with a .500 record so now they have to win in Denver
Massive game

Reactions: Senovision

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Thought Greig played well although I hate med his play before the 5th goal. Just take it to the corner and hold it. Instead he leans on the D and one hands the puck around to their other d

Reactions: Alex1234

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

Watch Tkachuk and Stutzle on Roy's goal. Chabot rotates out high on Pietrangelo.. 3:11
View attachment 921823

Roy skates right through Stutzle and Tkachuk 3:12

View attachment 921826

3:13 Brady decides he should go help out at the blue line.. Stutzle follows the puck; Roy fills the hole

View attachment 921833

3:14 Everybody is wondering where he came from and how he got left all alone

View attachment 921834

Just poor awareness from Stutzle and Tkachuk ,,, and poor communication.

At least Brady back checks and plays defense now but damn, he needs to become a passable defensive player in the zone.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I’m interested but not interested. I know what I’ve seen 9 times out of 10. Empty net goals and game out of reach.
It’s not like you don’t have a chance to come back if you don’t pull the goalie. You’re just playing with fire when you do that. If you leave 5 guys out there and the goalie they’re still pushing like crazy out there. They’ll still get offensive end time.
So even if a team does comeback and win with the goalie out…you can’t prove that they wouldn’t have done it with the goalie in as well.

Imo it’s a dumb move. Way too risky for the very small advantage.
I find these articles interesting on pulling the goaltenders.

One suggests puling the goaltender when there are 2.5 to 3 minutes left in the game when down by 1 goal.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Seeing Stone with the late game setup, i’m Glad he landed in Vegas and is the first face of hockey in the dessert he deserves a legacy like that, but so sad to see a player that special leave.

Whatever that quality Mark Stone has that makes him a winner, Ottawa needs to find out on their team who that man is going to be or how they get that magic on their side.
High Hockey IQ: e.g., predicting what other players with the puck will do and then positioning himself accordingly such as to take/intercept a pass or check that player. There are observable behaviours such as this which can be used to indicate a player's Hockey IQ. The current state of hockey analytics and video tracking systems is not advanced enough to do it automatically.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I find these articles interesting on pulling the goaltenders.

One suggests puling the goaltender when there are 2.5 to 3 minutes left in the game when down by 1 goal.
yah those stats have been around for a while... I think most teams do it.... I would have liked to see us with possession in the ozone for the 1st pull.

Reactions: Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Watch Tkachuk and Stutzle on Roy's goal. Chabot rotates out high on Pietrangelo.. 3:11
View attachment 921823

View attachment 921826

3:13 Brady decides he should go help out at the blue line.. Stutzle follows the puck; Roy fills the hole

View attachment 921833

View attachment 921834

The went over it in intermission, hopefully they'll go over the tapes and get them on the right page for next time.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
yah those stats have been around for a while... I think most teams do it.... I would have liked to see us with possession in the ozone for the 1st pull.
Yes, pulling when the puck is in the O zone is far less risky than doing it when the puck is in the D or N zones.

I am not sure that "most teams do it". Some coaches rely on advanced stats to help make decisions like this, but I think there are still quite a few who don't (the eye-test ones who are "old school" Luddites). I think most teams do it when there is about 1 minute left with a face-off in the O zone; not many do it when there are 3 minutes left.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The went over it in intermission, hopefully they'll go over the tapes and get them on the right page for next time.
Tkachuk and Stutzle seemed to have a brain malfunction on that goal. As the C I think Stutzle should have dropped back to cover the player going to the front of the net but instead he goes to the player on the boards.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I just watched the highlights. As we know Gaudette has an awesome shot, quick hands and scored two goals. Nice to see production from our 4th line center.Thats a positive. At 28 maybe Gaudette is a late bloomer. His 44 goal season last year in the AHL has boosted his confidence. He won the Hobey Baker Award in 2018.
Hopefully his second time playing with the Sens will be the charm.
Gaudette is not a physical player (bodychecking) but he is a very good skater and handles the puck well, plus he seems to have a very good shot. If he can find another player on our roster that he can play with and score goals, he would become a valuable player for us. I would like to give him a chance to do so by trying him on a higher line than 4th so he can play with more offensively skilled players. If Amadio and Perron don't start scoring then moving Gaudette up to replace them on higher lines should be tried.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
I know it's still super early in the season, but this loss still pisses me off. Every point matters, it's going to come down to the wire. We've had a well known history of being out of it by Christmas (or U.S. Thanksgiving). I assume Ullmark is going to get the start tomorrow. Need a strong performance from him, and the rest of the team. We played well enough to win yesterday, just a couple of mental lapses late, did us in.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
High Hockey IQ: e.g., predicting what other players with the puck will do and then positioning himself accordingly such as to take/intercept a pass or check that player. There are observable behaviours such as this which can be used to indicate a player's Hockey IQ. The current state of hockey analytics and video tracking systems is not advanced enough to do it automatically.

He’s probably the best ever hockey IQ player ever to come through Ottawa and that’s saying something.

To me though Stone’s clutchiness is his best asset. The greatest clutch player ever to come through Ottawa

Best hockey IQ, best clutchiness.

People arguing over of Mark Stone is on the team Canada over Hyman and some of these other ridiculous names I see.

You know how many NHL GM’s and Head Coaches would pick Mitch Marner over Mark Stone - ZERO

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

View attachment 921823

View attachment 921826

View attachment 921833

View attachment 921834

Tkachuk is horrible defensively and cheats way too often for offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad