Low Effort GDT Lowest effort GDT - Sens in Vegas

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I realize, too, that I have massive ptsd, for real. I shudder to even check the scores when I can't watch, because i just know (from previous years, I guess)

Reactions: gab6511

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
No it isn’t. Where was the unraveling against Tampa? Or the kings?

We didn’t unravel tonight. We just lost.
I didn’t say they unravel every game. It’s just that when one mistake is made, they historically often continue to make more instead of settling down.

Teams take bad penalties. Sometimes you need a strong PK, or a big save, or after a goal is scored you need someone to settle things down. Like I said it’s not a big deal but yes I think they did unravel after the penalty.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Felt like a similar choke job to the one we had on the Western road trip against the Stars, Knights and Coyotes last season.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
or not? That was a stupid useless non needed penalty late in a game with a one goal lead. What an absolute moron Cousins is
We definitely need to keep our penalties down if we are going to win games and make the playoffs. Cousin's penalty was a dumb one to take; he should know better. If he does this more often he could find himself the 13th F.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Sloppy game. Really didn't feel like they were all in it, despite the shot count. Not sure if it's the Vegas effect or the weird start time.

And HF is going loopy again...

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
We probably win with Forsberg in net tbh. I know you need to get your top guy in but riding the hot hand is almost always the best bet. Ullmark was so-so.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I liked their game. I liked their fight. Needed a save.

Goaltending still the story of the Senators. We’ve had 2 good goalie games this year and 5 not so great ones. We’re 4-3 so not all bad.

Ulmark needs a win though. Can’t lose 3 in a row

Reactions: gab6511 and Cosmix

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
lol, I just finished saying that the refs will be looking to give them a PP and Cousins pulls off that shit.

Team collapses.

Waste of a good performance.

Oct 10, 2010
We must be the team that chokes away games like this the most should have been a W or at the very least 1 point

Can we count on this team to bounce back ? They may be mentally shot and end up losing 5 of 6 or the next 4 games etc

Ullmark needs to be way better that was dog shit level goaltending

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I didn’t say they unravel every game. It’s just that when one mistake is made, they often continue to make more instead of settling down.

Teams take bad penalties. Sometimes you need a strong PK, or a big save, or after a goal is scored you need someone to settle things down. Like I said it’s not a big deal but yes I think they did unravel after the penalty.
yeah. Ullmark needed to be there

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
The 4th and 5th were stoppable.

Our PK is hopeless without Pinto and Zub. If we lose on Sunday this season will start looking very familiar.

they were both prime scoring chances though? like shooters day dream of getting a free shot from those spots.

and that's what they got, free shots from dangerous spots.

Reactions: FromChaos22

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
At the end of the season when they miss the playoffs by a few points, these are the games that will haunt them.
In reality every team is going to have similar collapses at some point in the season. My issue right now is that it came off lf questionable goaltending and we all know how insecure we are about that.

Reactions: ThreeMs

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Bad penalty. Two brief stretches where allowing two quick goals twice was killer. Have to limit the damage when a goal goes in.

Goalie pull before gaining possession is always tough. Played well, but when the game is blown at the very end its brutal. Getting no points after leading most of the game feels bad.

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Really needed Ullmark on goals 4 and 5, hoping it's just rust. Unfortunately it cost us a game that we should have won.

Reactions: KingAlfie11

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
they were both prime scoring chances though? like shooters day dream of getting a free shot from those spots.

and that's what they got, free shots from dangerous spots.
Well then we should have saved money on goaltending if shooters from prime shoooting areas are expected to score.

Ullmark making astronomical dollars can’t be letting all of that in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad