Loudest Arena? Quietest Arena?

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
I think we can all agree that for a general fan hooliganism, Edmonton wins hands down. I can't imagine what would happen if the Oilers make the Cup finals and lose. Edmonton will be burned to the ground

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Makes no sense, what is going on here?
I'm not going to pretend that the Leafs have the best home atmosphere at all, but I do wonder if any of it is based on the mic'ing of the arena for TV.

As an example, I was at the game last night, and while it wasn't as loud as other barns I've been to for playoff games (Boston, Montreal, and Vegas to name a few), it's definitely loud at times. I rewatched the shift Reaves had last night where he had a few big hits and it did sound much quieter on video than it felt and sounded in person. Again, not saying the Leafs have a tremendous atmosphere or anything, but I do think it sounds worse on TV than it actually is.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I think we can all agree that for a general fan hooliganism, Edmonton wins hands down. I can't imagine what would happen if the Oilers make the Cup finals and lose. Edmonton will be burned to the ground
You can “all agree,” all you want. What’s been demonstrated and observed on the other hand:

10 years later: Unique perspectives of the 2011 Stanley Cup riot

General fan hooliganism talked about a decade later but it’s “EdMonTon WiNs HanDS dowN.”
:laugh:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Leaf fans are super passionate but their arena is by far the quietest and I’ve been to playoff games there and in most other Canadian cities as well.
Noisiest is really subjective, Winnipeg and Vancouver would be my choice this year.
Edmonton also has a loud crowd.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Disagree, Think you mean Vancouver then Montreal.

Serpico

Aug 16, 2020
NYC
Living in NYC I have been to plenty of NYR and Islander games. NYR isn't that loud but ive only been to regular season games. Islander games when they played in Brooklyn was a joke lol. God that place sucked, but I went to the Islander/Bruins playoff series a few seasons back at the Coliseum and that place was loud as hell. Boston during the playoffs has your ears ringing by the end. I'm sure Carolina is loud now but I only went back in 2009 when I was stationed at Bragg when they sucked.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
From what I remember since it's been so long, Montreal just has an electric buzz from the moment they open the Bell Center doors. It is an amazing place to see a Playoff Game, and the 21,000 are all very passionate and extremely loud. One of the best places to see a playoff game.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
You sure about that one? You mean the one game 2 seasons ago where you played against a blueline of Scott Mayfield and Bridgeport. That must be when Rangers fans drown the Isles out. Then again you’re still telling yourself that those Rangers fans who appear at UBS are true fans because the stained DHGate Lundqvist jersey they find in the back of the closet said so. The same ones who show up drunk looking to fight instead of watching a hockey game and used to get dragged down the stairs of the Coliseum by security.

No, my office is across the street from the Coliseum and I went to Ranger games there all the time.

But enjoy your fantasy. More pleasant than a sweep.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Hmmmm. Looks like quite a few empty seats in Nashville. Surprised.

It’s still loud - even if it’s not sold out.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Looks very full sro section full too

Attachments

• IMG_1485.jpeg
    IMG_1485.jpeg
    478.3 KB · Views: 2
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
The arena with the best acoustics.

Every rink is going to be sold out.
Arena's with excellent acoustics would be among the least noisy actually. Acoustic tile prevents sound from being reflected & thus reduces noise.

This topic would be better labelled as most enthusiastic NHL crowd.

Frankly Canadian cities need to get their homer glasses off. US markets are trained from birth to lose their minds at high school & college sports games & then take it to another level at pro sporting events.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad