Losses caused by league/refs…its time to keep track

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
As I think this team is somewhat competitive and in a different world or a different league that isnt a joke, we would actually have a chance to make the playoffs. And after 13 Years of this dog shit league blocking our happiness. Its time to actually track the league’s influence on our plight. I cant speak for the Czech games but with tonights game. We are 1 point down because of the refs(and the Penguins up 2). My guess by the end of the season is we will be down 8 points as a net for the season.

Tonight had a little bit of everything

Fumbled offside review

Benson phantom call

Egregious power play advantage even with some clear missed calls

Only thing missing was a kicked in goal

So game 5 and we are at:

Net Points caused by refs/league: -1

I know this is a cry baby thread but im honestly curious if our whoa is me assessment is true and if so by how much

To be fair we have to add points when the league hooks us up. Im doubtful that will happen

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Add this to the phantom calls

Ryan McLeod High-sticking against Kris Letang 10:00 1st period.

Never saw a replay that showed any high stick contact. Letang didn't react in any way.

Reactions: MOGlLNY

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The Sabres lost the game for themselves, refs were fine. They’re always going to be bad calls but over the season the good and bad calls tend to balance out for every team, more or less.

There’s horrible, wrong calls in literally every single game in the NHL. It’s part of the game.

Reactions: MOGlLNY and Tatanka

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Definitely not tin foil hat enough to be worth keeping track lol

That being said, the Sabres need to play nastier. Other teams get away with things more because they're pulling fast ones all game and the refs can't call everything. The Sabres are young (in general) and don't really have that kind of rapport so on the few occasions they do battle and get called for something, it feels like a screw job.

Hit harder, play harder. All game. You'll knock more people down, win more puck battles, win more games, and over time the refs will just "let boys be boys" for the Sabres like they do for everyone else.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
C'mon now. I get there were some bad calls, but they were spotted two goals by horrible goaltending by Pittsburgh.

Can't blame this one on the refs.

And the one time you got a power play, you gave up a shorty.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Youngest team in the league couldn't close out the victory against a veteran opponent led by 4 future HoF players is the story here, not the officiating.

Reactions: Dingo44

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Awful teams don't get calls.
This is true for the NHL, and it's also why it is a sideshow league that very few people care about and take seriously

NFL refs are far from perfect, but they will always try to call a game evenly, and the vast majority of times i see penalty disparities in an NFL game it's because one team is worse at the fundamentals than another

Even though Bills-Jets was a ref shitshow, both teams had 11 penalties, it was a shitshow all around

NHL refs will literally tell you to your face that teams with stars/players theyve known a while/good track records will be allowed more of a cushion in officiating than teams in the dumps like the Sabres, and that teams trailing in a game are less likely to have a penalty called against them. There is no doubt in my mind they'd be happy to admit these things and i'm pretty sure some have. They massage games

2 years ago the sabres were up 5-3 to tampa, or something like that. Owen Power steps into the top of the slot for a dangerous chance, gets his skates hooked out from under him in a trip that went uncalled because it was Tampa and they were down, and Tampa got the puck and scored before we touched it again. We lost. We missed the playoffs by 1 point. This shit happens to a degree that affects the outcome 8-10 times per season. The league is unwatchable, doubly so when your team is the doormat

Reactions: JLewyB and BFLO

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
As I think this team is somewhat competitive and in a different world or a different league that isnt a joke, we would actually have a chance to make the playoffs. And after 13 Years of this dog shit league blocking our happiness. Its time to actually track the league’s influence on our plight. I cant speak for the Czech games but with tonights game. We are 1 point down because of the refs(and the Penguins up 2). My guess by the end of the season is we will be down 8 points as a net for the season.

Fumbled offside review

Benson phantom call

So game 5 and we are at:

I know this is a cry baby thread but im honestly curious if our whoa is me assessment is true and if so by how much

To be fair we have to add points when the league hooks us up. Im doubtful that will happen
You had a couple of shaky calls go against you, but good teams overcome bad refs.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Fumbled offside review

Benson phantom call

So game 5 and we are at:

I'd say this team has lost the games moreso for their lack of accuracy on net than the refs missing/making bad calls. When you have 100 missed shots (in 5 games), and the next team has 79 (in 6 games) you should be looking inward for why you lose before outward.

The missed/bad calls come out in a wash.

The missed shots are literally opportunities slipping away. Hell, they have 142 Shots on net for the season so far.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
C'mon now. I get there were some bad calls, but they were spotted two goals by horrible goaltending by Pittsburgh.

Can't blame this one on the refs.

And the one time you got a power play, you gave up a shorty.
The shorty That should’ve been called offsides. The malkin goal was at the end of benson penalty that didn’t exist. Meanwhile Cozens had a mini breakaway during that penalty in which the defender clearly held him and/or interfered with no call. A call that even the Sabres usually get as refs love to call penalties on breakaways.

like others have said, we werent very good but teams win games all the time due bad goaltending by the opponent. We would have won this game if the league followed their own rules that’s pretty clear to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad