Post-Game Talk: Losing sucks but we’re still tied 1-1

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Mcleod -5 no points through the playoffs Foegele -9 an empty netter and 2 assists both of these players are replaceable one of them plus Derek Ryan need to come out for Henrique and Gagner imo. You still have Nuge/Brown/Henrique/Janmark/Carrick as pk options. That third line desperately needs a regroup of actual offensive capable players.

Reactions: Duder54

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Dallas is just an elite defensive team; especially with the lead. The boys tried out there, but going to 7 games against Van starting to wear on them. Was a pretty good effort, but time to dig into some film and figure out how to break their philly shell. Starts with just getting the puck off our sticks faster.

At any rate, get some rest and bring it on Monday.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
This is what I was worried about. Dallas came out a lot harder today and choked us defensively.

We need Connor to get going already, this is a pathetic playoff performance for a player of his caliber.

Reactions: Trow and Kerberos

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Bouchard needs to learn the art of the Divealanche. After dancing Benn and whiffing that shot in the 1st, he took a clear high stick. Needs to grab the face in that situation. But he took the high stick, and just kept on playing.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
This is what I was worried about. Dallas came out a lot harder today and choked us defensively.

We need Connor to get going already, this is a pathetic playoff performance for a player of his caliber.
We were pounding them in the 1st. Bad start for Dallas, but they responded.

Yeh really needed Connor tonight though. But 22 points in 14 games means he has been going.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Dallas did a great job of getting in shooting lanes, blocking shots and getting sticks on puck.
Oh for sure, but it’s that split second hesitation that is resulting in the blocks at times. Need a quick release on net. Otherwise I agree, Dallas is getting on the guys quickly.

Reactions: guymez

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Split in Dallas. Take that every day of the week. Be within a period of taking both from Dallas. Absolutely. Oil have been locked in for both games including getting solid goaltending.

Tonight the big guns were far too quiet and the PP was befuddled and out of synch. Dallas let the Oilers play and dangle on the perimeter while blocking 22 shots when the Oilers did shoot. Add a ton of shots wide to the Oilers and it was a frustrating game. Dallas goaltender wasn't tested enough with quality shot attempts.

Getting one in Dallas ... Amazing. Feeling they left a second one on the table frustrating. But they're going toe to toe with a really good team without any backsliding in their game. Tons of positives to focus on.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
We were pounding them in the 1st. Bad start for Dallas, but they responded.

Yeh really needed Connor tonight though. But 22 points in 14 games means he has been going.
He's been making terrible decisions near the net. We need the McDavid who deked goalies out of their pants or who ripped a wrister from the hashmarks vs Anaheim 2017. They don't ask how, they ask how many. Our team, especially the PP players, have lost that simple fact all year long. Last year too actually.

Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He's been making terrible decisions near the net. We need the McDavid who deked goalies out of their pants or who ripped a wrister from the hashmarks vs Anaheim 2017. They don't ask how, they ask how many. Our team, especially the PP players, have lost that simple fact all year long. Last year too actually.
He’s not producing in ways like he has in the past. Rarely gets breakaways. Hasn’t been sniping like he did last season. But he’s still doing lots out there. Much of our chances is still being generated by him, he’s stealing lots of pucks in the o zone and turning it right back. He’s still pushing pace and generating with his line. Production may not look as flashy or amazing as it has in the past, but he’s still doing plenty. But yeh, tonight we needed a play by him or Drai and we didn’t get it. I don’t think tonight will sit right with either of them and we see a huge response at home.

Reactions: Duke74 and T-Funk

UHHHH SON

Sep 29, 2010
Foegele is a liability on the ice. He dishes soft plays; in hope that he will get paid on his upcoming ufa contract. Sorry for him, but press box him.

Brown has been shaky at times, but he has been more responsible with the puck. Hunch’s don’t mean much but he has 2+million of bonus to make up this playoffs and I believe he will come through. He has a team first attitude unlike Foegele. Paint me crazy, but what fan isnt? haha. Time to bring in Henrique.

Reactions: Kerberos

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Dallas absolutely put the clamps on us, and I guess Otter had his best game of the playoffs according to some on the main board. This is a veteran team, and with their record in game 1's I'm not as optimistic about being tied as some on here seem to be. They have made some adjustments that really gave us fits for most of the game.

I feel our team D has overall been good, but that our D pairs could be improved. Skinner has been good, but lucky too with lots of posts and pucks getting by him. If that luck turns, it could get ugly.

Since being split up, Ceci is a plus player with a game 7 goal. Nurse is a minus player with nothing and multiple goals he has been at fault for. Ceci has his gaffs too, I'm not saying he hasn't caused goals against either. But Nurse needs a puckmover, like he had in his best seasons with Barrie and Vinny is not that, too many firedrills where speedy forwards get behind them and they cant clear the puck. Also we are stacking our 2 best D, limiting our depth. It's downright scary when either bottom pair is out there this series and the forwards lose the puck.

I know Ek has been huge for Bouch. But Evan is a 40 year old man now, swinging his big dick all over the place these playoffs. He doesn't need a baby sitter, Mr. 9.25 does though. I propose

Nurse-Bouch
Ek-Ceci
Kulak-Desharnais

Vinny (also a minus player since the switch.) goes back to where he looked great, beside Kulak on the bottom pair. Nurse/Bouch had worked before, and Evans calmness and ability to completely control an offense from the backend would allow Nurse to just worry about defending, but would also open Nurse up for rushes with Evans gravity. Ek, the wily vet is the one who can best cover for Ceci's brainfarts. Ceci/Vinny could be swapped I suppose too, but Vinny just looked real good with Kulak and doesn't really need Ek's steadiness as much.

I guess if we're down, we could always throw that 5 man unit out that was so good vs the Nucks. But for Dallas, we need some better depth on the backend, and the only way to do that is split the top pair up. If our top pair is currently an A+, our bottom pairs are both C-, and splitting them up, we get 3 B's, I think we are better off.

And get Mcleod out for a game, and maybe Foegele too. Foegs atleast plays with some drive, just man, we need him to muster up some finishing ability. I'd like to see Gagner for a game, along with the obvious Henrique. A Gags goal at Roger's would blow the roof off, and could be a goal that's worth a lot more than 1 on the scoresheet for the team. That guy gets one and it will fire everyone else up.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

People that couldn't see that he was hurt in the regular season seem surprised that when the games get more physical that he would be somehow playing better. He hasn't been shooting or stickhandling worth a damn compared to his typical standards all season long. His skating hasn't been as good either. He's doing the best that he physically can, anyone that thinks otherwise hasn't watched enough of him over the years.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Foegele is a liability on the ice. He dishes soft plays; in hope that he will get paid on his upcoming ufa contract. Sorry for him, but press box him.

Brown has been shaky at times, but he has been more responsible with the puck. Hunch’s don’t mean much but he has 2+million of bonus to make up this playoffs and I believe he will come through. He has a team first attitude unlike Foegele. Paint me crazy, but what fan isnt? haha. Time to bring in Henrique.
Need to get Henrique in. Foegele's the guy I see coming out. Just nothing going and there's at least hope McLeod on the wing can bring a new look and maybe cajoles some offence. McLeod's still a good support PK guy so I'd keep him in.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Split in Dallas. Take that every day of the week. Be within a period of taking both from Dallas. Absolutely. Oil have been locked in for both games including getting solid goaltending.

Tonight the big guns were far too quiet and the PP was befuddled and out of synch. Dallas let the Oilers play and dangle on the perimeter while blocking 22 shots when the Oilers did shoot. Add a ton of shots wide to the Oilers and it was a frustrating game. Dallas goaltender wasn't tested enough with quality shot attempts.

Getting one in Dallas ... Amazing. Feeling they left a second one on the table frustrating. But they're going toe to toe with a really good team without any backsliding in their game. Tons of positives to focus on.
Dallas have a losing record at home in playoffs. Its not that amazing getting a split.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Dallas have a losing record at home in playoffs. Its not that amazing getting a split.
It's significant for the Oilers. Swept last time they hit final four. Dallas a historic blackhole for them (+ this franchise historically). A split is significant and two highly competitive games important for them. No shits given about Dallas's record at home against anyone else.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
I think Henrique and Perry are subbed in next game. Ryan is gone and so is one of Mcleod/Foegele.

Reactions: iCanada

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
It's significant for the Oilers. Swept last time they hit final four. Dallas a historic blackhole for them (+ this franchise historically). A split is significant and two highly competitive games important for them. No shits given about Dallas's record at home against anyone else.
Again getting a split in Dallas against a team that is 4-5 at home in playoffs isn't amazing or special. its par. Hopefully it helps the Oilers. The way home ice has gone for Dallas this postseason, and with Hintz out, they're fine with this too.

Oilers better realize the real difficult Stars club happens in game 3, 4 where they've been owning opponents. Dallas have won every game 3 and 4 in playoffs, on the road, this postseason. They've not been getting just splits, they've been taking both games.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
You sir, are a f***ing there’s

First goal, first shot was ugly. Otherwise, that first period was fire by the Oilers.

Dallas owned most of the 2nd.

All in all, could have gone either way, but I feel like the Oilers let one get away tonight.
Completely saveable shot too. Low glove or low blocker is Skinner kryptonite.

It’s not after 1 game where these thoughts and feelings about reffing are coming from. It’s after 2 games of possession and no calls. It begs to be discussed and called out.

Stauff, Knob, and Connor know more about hockey than we’ve forgotten. They aren’t even outright complaining, but they are questioning it and confused by it as anyone who’s seen playoff hockey would.

Anyways, like I said. We can agree to disagree cause ref apologists like yourself have already come to the final conclusion.

McD doesn’t refuse to go anywhere on the ice, he goes where his generational vision tells him to go. You know like when he scored 2OT goal 3 feet from the goalie.
I always thought the teams that have less and are vying for possession were the ones who have more infractions. I guess this series it’s the opposite. The standard is not the same for these two teams and it’s making for what a lot consider to be piss poor officiated games.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Again getting a split in Dallas against a team that is 4-5 at home in playoffs isn't amazing or special. its par. Hopefully it helps the Oilers. The way home ice has gone for Dallas this postseason, and with Hintz out, they're fine with this too.

Oilers better realize the real difficult Stars club happens in game 3, 4 where they've been owning opponents. Dallas have won every game 3 and 4 in playoffs, on the road, this postseason. They've not been getting just splits, they've been taking both games.
Significant for this team. Goaltending has held. Two one goal games. Toe to toe against the top team in the Western Conference. Most media talking endlessly about Dallas depth as a major advantage, goaltending discrepancy, defending. I don't think the Oilers have any illusions about the difficulty that Dallas poses. They've been a very difficult opponent and rolled the Oil in their last regular season game.

Tonight was a winnable game. Even with a largely B effort from McDavid and Draisaitl. Lots of positives going home.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Jesus Christ, some truly f***ing horrible takes in here tonight. I wouldn’t know where to start so I’ll just finish my drink and step out.
Some of you are awfully lucky.

• Haha
Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
People that couldn't see that he was hurt in the regular season seem surprised that when the games get more physical that he would be somehow playing better. He hasn't been shooting or stickhandling worth a damn compared to his typical standards all season long. His skating hasn't been as good either. He's doing the best that he physically can, anyone that thinks otherwise hasn't watched enough of him over the years.

Amen

And the end of your post could have gone on to read;
...over the years, and is an idiot.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Henrique in at 3LW, Foegele to 3RW. Ryan to 4C. Carrick out. That is what we will see. I don't think Perry will get back in unless someone gets dinged up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad