Post-Game Talk: Losing sucks but we’re still tied 1-1

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
McDavid is cooked. I honestly don’t know what he does out there at this point and this pains me to hell to say.
He's been injured since the beginning of the season. We've watched this guy for nearly a decade. His lethal shot is missing. He's hurt. Don't be surprised if he'll need a procedure in the off-season. He's not cooked but comprimised.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
McDavid isn't cooked. He usually skates around the perimeter and then darts in when he sees an opening or passes across the seam.

He just didn't do any of that, he just skated around the perimeter and dumped in or lost it. Not quite the same as what they did to MacKinnon, but it seems solvable. I'm not exactly sure what kind of opening McDavid is looking for? Maybe its harder for him to get some of the Stars to chase after him?

His play was very uncharacteristic.

Skinner did his job. Depth did their job. This loss was on McDrai.

4 in the last 5 Zero stat line

Reactions: McDaddy

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think in all the years I've been here that I negatively responded to about 3-4 posts prior to these last couple of months. Honestly. Maybe half a dozen at most and pretty gently at that.

The Vancouver fans (so called) really struck a nerve with me with the constant infiltrating our threads, boasting about the irrelevant 4 wins in reg season, and the arrogant obnoxious behavior from the whiniest bunch of bandwagon hoppers ever. I got tired of pointing out that they have never won a thing. Never. Ever. Nothing. What an attitude they displayed.

I think it changed me!!!!

"Needle laden cave" :laugh:

Reactions: RegDunlop

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Game over. Missed play by Knob in my opinion! Could've kept the big Boyz out with 2:50 left all rested with the draw in the offensive zone. Botched it. Hopefully he learned a lesson.

Skins and Ceci f***ked the 1st goal. Should've won this game.

I'd play Picks game 3.
Skinner kept us in that game

Reactions: Oildrum and guymez

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Stauffe

oh boy
Pius indeed
All I ever said was complaining about officiating after a game like that comes across as whining
Of course
Just my opinion

Go back to your high road about how Stauffers Knob is unbiased
At the end of the day we have answers to find
It’s not after 1 game where these thoughts and feelings about reffing are coming from. It’s after 2 games of possession and no calls. It begs to be discussed and called out.

Stauff, Knob, and Connor know more about hockey than we’ve forgotten. They aren’t even outright complaining, but they are questioning it and confused by it as anyone who’s seen playoff hockey would.

Anyways, like I said. We can agree to disagree cause ref apologists like yourself have already come to the final conclusion.

Want put 10k on it?

Lol the dude is a ghost that refuse to get within 20 feet of the goalie
McD doesn’t refuse to go anywhere on the ice, he goes where his generational vision tells him to go. You know like when he scored 2OT goal 3 feet from the goalie.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
"Needle laden cave" :laugh:

Why do they come here?

Why do those bad people come here papa?!

I go to the mains a bit but have never posted in another team's thread. Not that that is bad or anything just me. But if I did, I can't imagine going in there after that team eliminated mine and try to stir up shit. Such a liser!

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
It’s not after 1 game where these thoughts and feelings about reffing are coming from. It’s after 2 games of possession and no calls. It begs to be discussed and called out.

Stauff, Knob, and Connor know more about hockey than we’ve forgotten. They aren’t even outright complaining, but they are questioning it and confused by it as anyone who’s seen playoff hockey would.

Anyways, like I said. We can agree to disagree cause ref apologists like yourself have already come to the final conclusion.

McD doesn’t refuse to go anywhere on the ice, he goes where his generational vision tells him to go. You know like when he scored 2OT goal 3 feet from the goalie.

LOL You mean when he didnt take the wide open shot in the 1st ot lmfao

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think in all the years I've been here that I negatively responded to about 3-4 posts prior to these last couple of months. Honestly. Maybe half a dozen at most and pretty gently at that.

The Vancouver fans (so called) really struck a nerve with me with the constant infiltrating our threads, boasting about the irrelevant 4 wins in reg season, and the arrogant obnoxious behavior from the whiniest bunch of bandwagon hoppers ever. I got tired of pointing out that they have never won a thing. Never. Ever. Nothing. What an attitude they displayed.

I think it changed me!!!!
Lol it was pretty eye opening for me too. I had forgotten how cocky and classless the Nucks fanbase was. Been a long time since the Sedin era. If it changed ya, just be careful about those infractions.

LOL You mean when he didnt take the wide open shot in the 1st ot lmfao
Sure. I mean we could use that too as another example of you being wrong that he doesn’t go net front.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
One game sample size , you are an idiot. Gretzky was held scoreless numerous times too…
1 game eh...

Lol it was pretty eye opening for me too. I had forgotten how cocky and classless the Nucks fanbase was. Been a long time since the Sedin era. If it changed ya, just be careful about those infractions.

Sure. I mean we could use that too as another example of you being wrong that he doesn’t go net front.

Ah yes one play out of 60..

Nice call

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
What an absolutely, 100%, completely, f***ing stupid post. Holy shit.
Really?

Please highlight a shift where he:

1) didn’t turn over the puck
2) didn’t get thwarted into the corner and proceed to get knocked off the puck.

I’m as big a McDavid supporter as anyone, but holy shit to think this some asinine take is just wearing rose colored glasses.

Edit: spelling thanks beer

• Haha
Reactions: TB12

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Really?

Please highlight a shift where he:

1) didn’t turn over the puck
2) didn’t get thwarted into the corner and proceed to get knocked off the puck.

I’m as big a McDavid supporter as anyone, but holy shit to think this some asinine take is just wearing rose colored glasses.

Edit: spelling thanks beer
So you think between games 1(3 points) and tonight he became “cooked”? What about game 6 in Van when he carried us in the 2nd?

Your worries about his performance tonight is understandable. Your “cooked” comment is way off base and is what’s drawing scorn.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That game had 50-50 all over it. Need something to get an edge
Yeh it was a coin toss game. Dallas on their backs at home and we made it a coin toss. I’m surprisingly okay with this loss, they’ll have a huge game 3 and 4 at home. Home ice and our crowd will be our edge.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Dallas lead in the third hurts the Oilers in the series. Immediate transition to more ice time for the McDavid and Drai. Going to cause more rundown and wear.

Home ice advantage appears to be a disadvantage these playoffs more than ever.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Missed the first but watched the final 40 with some old friends. Lucky deflection snuck through Skinner, saw some of the saves Oettinger had in the first. The Oilers could have won this one just as Dallas did but I’m more than happy they have the split. Now Dallas gets to hear a real hockey crowd the next two games.

Reactions: MoontoScott

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad