Proposal: Los Angeles - Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm jealous of Oilers fans. Anything I say sarcastically comes across as indignant. Oilers fans are the one who can have fun with this thread. I'm sad.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Ethan Bear would get Carter straight up if Kings mgmt are paying attention. But if I'm the Oiler I don't entertain it

A #1 quality center for a 20 year old D prospect that isn't top tier?

No. The Kings would absolutely not do that. I would laugh out loud if, as an Anaheim fan, I saw the Kings make that kind of deal. If they wanted to move Carter for futures, they could get much more.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
A #1 quality center for a 20 year old D prospect that isn't top tier?

No. The Kings would absolutely not do that. I would laugh out loud if, as an Anaheim fan, I saw the Kings make that kind of deal. If they wanted to move Carter for futures, they could get much more.

Carter is at the end of his career. You most certainly would trade him for Jonathan Drouin...and compare Ethan Bear's credentials to Sergachevs. I think you'll be shocked.
Oilers won't be moving Bear, trust me.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Carter is at the end of his career. You most certainly would trade him for Jonathan Drouin...and compare Ethan Bear's credentials to Sergachevs. I think you'll be shocked

You mean the defenseman who is younger, and was drafted 5th overall? Sergachev is the more impressive prospect. I also didn't think Tampa got full value for Drouin, and likely felt like they needed to move him.

Carter is 32 years old. He has 5 years left on his contract, and just put up 66 points and 32 goals, while playing strong defense. You're simply wrong.

Edit: Who cares if Edmonton would move Bear? The point is if he's worth Carter. The answer is, emphatically, no. No, he is not. Bear wouldn't even be the foundation of a package for Carter. He's a good prospect, but he's not good enough to be the biggest piece for a Jeff Carter.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Carter is at the end of his career. You most certainly would trade him for Jonathan Drouin...and compare Ethan Bear's credentials to Sergachevs. I think you'll be shocked.
Oilers won't be moving Bear, trust me.
God damn you're clueless. Jeff Carter is a #1C on a great contract. He's worth hell of alot more than Bear. If putting up 32 goals and 66 points means you're at the end you're career, then 80% of the league should retire.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
God damn you're clueless. Jeff Carter is a #1C on a great contract. He's worth hell of alot more than Bear. If putting up 32 goals and 66 points means you're at the end you're career, then 80% of the league should retire.

Well said at a 32 year old Carter. In max 2 years you eat your words. I would not make a deal for any player for 2 years unless it brings me a cup. Carter was that guy, isnt that guy now

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
what in the world is this proposal hahahahaha. if that were to happen, dont even play the season and just give them the cup already

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Well said at a 32 year old Carter. In max 2 years you eat your words. I would not make a deal for any player for 2 years unless it brings me a cup. Carter was that guy, isnt that guy now
He just had one of his best years ever. Lol again you're clueless.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

He was that guy as recently as this last season.

You'd probably be better off admitting you made a mistake. Your boy Bear doesn't get Carter. Yes, even if Los Angeles management is, what was it? "Paying attention"? I'm not sure if you're just underrating Carter, overrating Bear, or both. This isn't some blue chip prospect we're talking about, and Carter isn't some borderline top six guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad