Friedman: Looking like Seth Jones will test free agency

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
This could work out deepening how Jarmo handles this. Does he try to make another 1 for 1 trade? Does he go for some picks/prospects to fill the prospect pool back up?? Maybe try to get some more balls for the lottery next year?

Does he ignore the Sportsnet shill and sign him long term?

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
He’s absolutely one of the best D in the league. Nowhere less than top 10 and there’s an argument he’s in the top 5. He’s gonna get paid. 9 mill at least.

He is defo 9ne of the best, absolutely love watching him play

But look at a couple of the big dman contract boat anchors ⚓ in Karlsson amd doughty?

Heck look at the top 10 paid defenceman for that matter and how many actually earn there contract? Maybe 2?

Signing d to BIG money does not pay off

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

But look at a couple of the big dman contract boat anchors ⚓ in Karlsson amd doughty?

Heck look at the top 10 paid defenceman for that matter and how many actually earn there contract? Maybe 2?

If I'm Winnipeg or Someone who needs a top RHD... 9 million x 6 is ok with me.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens

You’re probably right but that’s why whatever team he signs with has to be ready to go all the way and get what they can out of him for a few years before he breaks down.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Compared to Jossi and AP I would give him that type of deal since he’s 27 going into 28 when the deal starts vs 30 for both of them.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I wonder if he's serious on testing free agency or if this was merely a veiled demand to be relocated to the franchise of his choice. (i.e. I'm not re-signing in Columbus, so trade me somewhere I want and get a return, or trade me somewhere I don't want and I'll refuse to re-sign and you'll get a shit return)
As far as we're concerned it's a distinction without a difference.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Jagr and Lemieux mean nothing I guess? Pittsburgh has been a massive hockey town for decades now and will continue to be long after Crosby/Malkin are gone
Lemieux played when there were like 20 teams in the league, and they included Hartford and Quebec.
Jagr actually did want out.

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
Chicago?

Edit: Nevermind, he still has 1 year left and they’re not trading for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad