Long road trips to start the season

MikeFolignosHelmet

Fan of the game
Sponsor
Dec 24, 2018
Banner Elk, NC
Thoughts on scheduling long road trips for your team to start a season? Like or dislike? Each year the Hurricanes embark on a long road trip early in the season while the North Carolina State Fair is taking place. Right now the Canes are 3 games in to this 6 game trip over 2 weeks. For a long time I was annoyed by this, didn’t think it was fair to the Canes, but now I kind of like it. Seems early on teams have not “gelled” yet and that home ice advantage just isn’t as strong. Stealing road points might be easier now rather than later in the season.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Thoughts on scheduling long road trips for your team to start a season? Like or dislike? Each year the Hurricanes embark on a long road trip early in the season while the North Carolina State Fair is taking place. Right now the Canes are 3 games in to this 6 game trip over 2 weeks. For a long time I was annoyed by this, didn’t think it was fair to the Canes, but now I kind of like it. Seems early on teams have not “gelled” yet and that home ice advantage just isn’t as strong. Stealing road points might be easier now rather than later in the season.

Seems like the "North Carolina State Fair" thought it was fair enough :sarcasm:

Reactions: MikeFolignosHelmet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad