London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Do you all agree that this team still has more in the tank? 3 for is awesome! Need to get everything solidified. I know that Fagen is catching some heat, but I think he does have top pair potential. His tools are very good. Just needs more reps.

Jenkin is not noticeable which is good for a 17 yr old D

What’s everyone’s thoughts about Spencer?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Do you all agree that this team still has more in the tank? 3 for is awesome! Need to get everything solidified. I know that Fagen is catching some heat, but I think he does have top pair potential. His tools are very good. Just needs more reps.

If today's team were at the Memorial Cup tourney as they are, they would barely win a game, if any. So ya, they better have more in the tank, there is much to do, yet before they reach last year's potential, but they are on their way to greatness again come springtime. Cheers!

Our young D are developing just fine

Reactions: LDN

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021

I think things will stabilize with what’s hopefully more consistent defensive hockey.

Veterans that have been lacking somewhat will probably see positive regression to the mean - thinking specifically Barkey, Julien, Nurmi.

07’s with a cup of coffee are really hard to evaluate. Need more games over a full season to see what they are imo.

Reactions: tjziel and LDN

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

Knights always turn it up after the trade deadline. Hold on tight!

41 to go
#RoadToDale1000

I can't recall a better sports weekend.

Knights 3-0
Habs 2-0
Lions 1-0
Plus at the beginning of baseball season I put money down on the Dodgers to win the World Series

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
IMG_0861.jpeg

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Kasper Halttunen watch continues, no points 2 shots in his last game. Feels like he isn’t getting meaningful minutes but there are no TOI statistics in the AHL. next game for him is Wednesday.
I’ve watched a couple of his games. He is clearly a bottom six forward right now but he can handle the physical play of men.

Other than the first game of the season, he hasn’t been a top 6 forward at all. Skating still needs work.

If Mike Grier wants Halttunen to be a top 6 forward in the NHL, he should come back to work on skating and defensive play. If Grier projects him being a bottom 6 forward in the NHL, then he’s fine in the AHL and will fill that role in the NHL someday.

Last edited:

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
I’ve watched a couple of his games. He is clearing a bottom six forward right now but he can handle the physical play of men.

Other than the first game of the season, he hasn’t been a top 6 forward at all. Skating still needs work.

If Mike Grier wants Halttunen to be a top 6 forward, he should come back to work on skating and defensive play. If Grier projects him being a bottom 6 forward, then he’s fine in the AHL and will fill that role in the NHL someday.
But will that happen in London? With the talent there he will be on a line that has the puck most of the time, get top PP minutes, and is already behind Cowan, Barkey, and O'Reilly right off the hop as a potential PKer. Are there the meaningful minutes available to work on the perceived "what's needed" prior to the 3rd round of playoffs? As an outside observer of the absolute wagon I expect London to round into, I would think bottom 6 minutes against grown men will do Kasper more good for his development. 20+ minutes holding the puck shooting clappers from the LW on the PP to the tune of 40 goals aren't the developmental minutes required IMO. He's got that down already.

dino200022

Who are you talking about?
Fagan...

Fans are saying he is worthless and he must be traded. I just find it funny because if "we" think he is worthless then why would anyone else want him haha..it is a crazy oxymoron.

FYI I do not think he is that bad at all for a rookie defenceman. Both Jenken and Fagan are slowing developing and I think that Fagan has a higher ceiling than Jenken and both will be decent to solid D men as the year is ending.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

dino200022

But will that happen in London? With the talent there he will be on a line that has the puck most of the time, get top PP minutes, and is already behind Cowan, Barkey, and O'Reilly right off the hop as a potential PKer. Are there the meaningful minutes available to work on the perceived "what's needed" prior to the 3rd round of playoffs? As an outside observer of the absolute wagon I expect London to round into, I would think bottom 6 minutes against grown men will do Kasper more good for his development. 20+ minutes holding the puck shooting clappers from the LW on the PP to the tune of 40 goals aren't the developmental minutes required IMO. He's got that down already.
I am with you on this, sending him back to Jr Hockey to score 35 goals and never kill a penalty is NOT going to help his defensive play or skating. It is good for the Knights not Halttunen.

People wanting him back is just selfish at this point and the reasons given make zero sense. The Barracuda work very close with the Sharks and have highly paid professionals to develop their players on a daily basis.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Fans, at times, hardly gives young rookies time to adjust into this league. Some are expecting young players to come right in and dominate right away from the miners. Based on this weekend games, everyone on the team did their job, or they would have lost their games. Their (rookies & Veterans) overall roles on the team that each have, has determined their overall three weekend game success. IMHO

Reactions: dino200022

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Do you all agree that this team still has more in the tank?

For sure this team has a ton left in the ole tank as the roster sits now but I do think the current roster is not set quite yet. IF (I think it’s probable) we get Halttunen back IMO Mark needs to treat this as a “go all in” year as it could be several seasons before we see such an experienced and talented group again. May be a situation where he needs to step outside his comfort zone and trade futures in order to bring in a few major pieces? For example I’m not convinced (yet?) goaltending is solved? We need a big tough stay at home D-man. I like Ando in Kitchener (if still available with the Rangers early success ?) BUT can’t overpay as he is not what I would call elite? And we could still use a couple of 25-30 goal men that play both ends of the rink with preferably 1 at Centre that is crazy good on the draw? Then after having won the Memorial Cup, next year sell a few pieces off, fall back to middle of the road in the standings and retool.
Like I say this season is really setting up as potentially something very special and potentially a rare team that comes along BUT not everyday. May be the time to “step it up” when it comes to rounding out the roster? Cheers Go Knights Go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021

In b4 Arrowsmith, Fagan, 3rd

For sure this team has a ton left in the ole tank as the roster sits now but I do think the current roster is not set quite yet. IF (I think it’s probable) we get Haltunnen back IMO Mark needs to treat this as a “go all in” year as it could be several seasons before we see such an experienced and talented group again. May be a situation where he needs to step outside his comfort zone and trade futures in order to bring in a few major pieces? For example I’m not convinced (yet?) goaltending is solved? We need a big tough stay at home D-man. I like Ando in Kitchener BUT can’t overpay as he is not what I would call elite? And we could still use a couple of 25-30 goal men that play both ends of the rink with preferably 1 at Centre that is crazy good on the draw? Then after having won the Memorial Cup, next year sell a few pieces off, fall back to middle of the road in the standings and retool.
Like I say this season is really setting up as potentially something very special and potentially a rare team that comes along BUT not everyday. May be the time to “step it up” when it comes to rounding out the roster? Cheers Go Knights Go.
Jmo but Andonovski is a premier d in this league. Definitely would call him elite at this point for OHL defenders.

dino200022

We can't keep trash talking Fagan and then think he is going to net us Luchanko or another big fish. Our cupboard is pretty bare as far as picks go, someone is going to have to get really creative to get us something big this year and it will most like involve Hawery and or Mitchell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad