London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
The Olympics were in February 98 not the fall. I call bull shit on the whole thread. There is no way an NHL team would allow a player to play exhibition games with university squads

He played games at the world junior championships in January of 1999 and won a silver medal which would mean meaningful games
Rico Fata played for Canada on several Spengler Cup teams..not sure of stats but remembered he was a factor.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think the Wolves organization has treated and continues to treat Mr. Musty very well. His stats and first round selection is evidence to that. Barlow situation is same but largely different, Barlow gave his GM months of notice. Our situation is best described as a blind side hit that no one knew about. No issue obligating this request but how player/agent dropped the surprise news has left the team in an unfavourable bargaining position.
Why can’t for once the player be responsible for their actions and decisions? We all want what’s best for the player, but the interest of the team and organization under these circumstances is the priority. Furthermore, teams on the player trade list need to step up and make a fair offer.

A fair offer is not necessarily what Papineau is waiting for

Reactions: GoKnightsGo44

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
As insane as this sounds it does make sense if London thinks that Halttunen is on his way back that Semenov is the key piece in a trade. Can’t trade him if Halttunen doesn’t come back.

Could be a hold up with waiting, if the case then maybe it’s something like:

Semenov, Bidgood and a 2nd and a 5th

For Musty

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Respectfully, I disagree that he is ready for Pro. Yes, part of his game is ready. But, I think he has a lot he could still improve on, to be ready for the pro game. His skating, his defensive play & his 5 on 5 play. Those being the key points, all things of which Dale is known for improving.

Now with that said, I have not seen him play since the Memorial Cup. He could have worked his tail off this summer and improved those areas of his game. So, my assessment is based on what I saw last season. But, In my opinion, Halttunen is getting a lot of praise for being too good for the O, when I think he has a lot to work on and an extra year showing he can dominate all ends of the game in the O, could be a really good thing for his development.

But, we are all entitled to our opinion and at the end of the day, none of us make the big bucks to make those tough decisions. But my gut, says there is still a chance he comes back, at minimum, I think he will be playing the WJC for Finland.
100%. I too have not seen him since. I do not think he's quite ready for the NHL but I think AHL is perfect for him to grow. That's just my opinion. But, AHL has a purpose and that to develope young players at a higher level and to me I think that league is far better to develope him. BUT....like I said I have not seen him play in the AHL and he could be struggling so you never know. Only time will tell. Appreciate your thought out feedback. Thanks 👍

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
I saw this article on a Facebook group, the article seems sketchy at best. I’m not going to post the actual link here, cuz it’s full of pop ups. But the article is written as if it’s before the season, so I wonder if they are taking about his mono and just poor reporting.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

1729855294097.png

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I saw this article on a Facebook group, the article seems sketchy at best. I’m not going to post the actual link here, cuz it’s full of pop ups. But the article is written as if it’s before the season, so I wonder if they are taking about his mono and just poor reporting.

View attachment 921378
False article

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)

View attachment 921378
Otto seems to have an act at getting these true informations out, so we'll just have to wait for him.

Reactions: TheOrangePylon

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON

View attachment 921378
Lots of these BS fake news articles making their rounds throughout the web, don't have to look far than the source of the article....wtf is eplupdate.com ?:laugh:

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Haha totally agree! My thinking is, they took the mono situation and turned it into click bait BS.
It's the same situation with a recent Parekh article about speering some fan at Wednesday's game resulting in a 10 game suspension....whatever the technical term is for them, you have these AI robots combing the web for anything related to anything (ie. a twitter/X post) and then boom an article comes out with some misleading click bait style headline to garner views for some random website

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
It's the same situation with a recent Parekh article about speering some fan at Wednesday's game resulting in a 10 game suspension....whatever the technical term is for them, you have these AI robots combing the web for anything related to anything (ie. a twitter/X post) and then boom an article comes out with some misleading click bait style headline to garner views for some random website
The league actually put out a statement about these articles. They always target Facebook groups. The issue was some of the stories were very personal about players/staff and of course people were taking them all to be true.

Edit: link added

Last edited:

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

View attachment 921378
OHL put out a statement a few weeks ago about being targeted with fake articles. Strong chance if you don't recognize the source, then it's fake.

Edit: Jawk beat me to it

dino200022

As insane as this sounds it does make sense if London thinks that Halttunen is on his way back that Semenov is the key piece in a trade. Can’t trade him if Halttunen doesn’t come back.

Could be a hold up with waiting, if the case then maybe it’s something like:

Semenov, Bidgood and a 2nd and a 5th

For Musty
Haltty is a PPG AHL, I can't see him being sent down unless he has an awful next 3 or 4 games. Just my opinion.

I can't see Sudbury not slamming the phone down if that is London's starting point in negotiations.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Haltty is a PPG AHL, I can't see him being sent down unless he has an awful next 3 or 4 games. Just my opinion.

I can't see Sudbury not slamming the phone down if that is London's starting point in negotiations.
Watching the highlights of the Cuda game Wednesday night Halttunen was invisible. He is playing on the 3/4 line with no PP and really not producing (assist was an outlet pass from his own zone). Points don’t tell the story, he should be driving the play 5v5 and he is not.

Reactions: JagrBomb93

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Watching the highlights of the Cuda game Wednesday night Halttunen was invisible. He is playing on the 3/4 line with no PP and really not producing (assist was an outlet pass from his own zone). Points don’t tell the story, he should be driving the play 5v5 and he is not.
If he is on the 3/4 line and no PP time, he is playing at best what 12 mins a night? I tried finding TOI stats, but can't seem to find it for the AHL.

Sooo if that's the case, whats best for his development. That or London where he would be line 1 or 1B and PP1, playing 18 - 22 mins a game.

dino200022

If he is on the 3/4 line and no PP time, he is playing at best what 12 mins a night? I tried finding TOI stats, but can't seem to find it for the AHL.

Sooo if that's the case, whats best for his development. That or London where he would be line 1 or 1B and PP1, playing 18 - 22 mins a game.
He is playing 3rd line and PP. He is not a guy that is ever going to drive a line, even here in London he never did. His footspeed will never allow him to drive a line no matter what level he is at. He was a benefactor of having solid line mates and one hell of a shot.

With that being said I would love to see him back, but I suspect he is going to get a good long look before they think about sending him down. Hopefully I am incorrect as usual.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad