London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Somebody else on here already said Nov 1 is a realistic timeline for the Musty situation to be resolved. He would need a month of games to get in shape and get his timing back before the WJC.
Yes his window is short for WJC

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
So will Zhakarov play for the Knights this year? He looks similar to Semenov. Both tall lanky forwards.

Regarding Semenov I know he is signed, but playing at Omaha. Is he loaned there?

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
So will Zhakarov play for the Knights this year? He looks similar to Semenov. Both tall lanky forwards.

Regarding Semenov I know he is signed, but playing at Omaha. Is he loaned there?
Before they deleted the post, they said zhakrov will be playing for his junior team this year. Semenov is loaned to Omaha, visa is taking ages

Reactions: LDN

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Nope @crowncarrier and @Otto unfortunately you were close but both of you are wrong and we found out the answer…..

“In an interview, DeGray said Smith is expected to miss six to eight weeks with an upper-body injury. Leonard had cleared waivers but remained a part of the London Knights’ 50-man roster. With a sudden need for a veteran d-man, and with Leonard’s good reputation around the league, DeGray said he acted quickly to acquire the blueliner.”
Never knew that OHL clubs can hold up to five OA's on their roster until Nov. 15. I knew thew could have 4 up until trade deadline on Jan. 8. Learn something new every day. So I'm assuming Willmore is still Knights property until Nov 15th then since he cleared waivers.

This makes zero sense lol!
Please explain how it makes zero sence....enlighten me please. There's a rule in place to allow players to play in the AHL opposed to playing in the OHL. What other reason would there be besides taking their development to the next level. If you're going to say something makes zero sense please provide your logical thinking along with it rather then the cop out lol BS.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Heard the list Musty has is
London
Saginaw
Erie
It seems like most signs point to Erie being the front runner.
Although if this is in fact the list I think the longer it drags out the more likely its London.
More of a NHL club says enough is enough to Sudbury and then Mark follows up with ok so here is what we are paying..

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
I've been saying it all along. It was not because of his 2 goals. He needs to learn at a higher level. OHL will not help him as much as playing in the AHL. OHL could actually hurt his development. True we all know the Hunters are great at helping develope and have done fantastic work with other players but when your as good as Halttunen you can get away with things in the OHL that you will not get away with in the AHL. Do I want him back....YES.....is it better fir his development as a pro....NO.
Respectfully, I disagree that he is ready for Pro. Yes, part of his game is ready. But, I think he has a lot he could still improve on, to be ready for the pro game. His skating, his defensive play & his 5 on 5 play. Those being the key points, all things of which Dale is known for improving.

Now with that said, I have not seen him play since the Memorial Cup. He could have worked his tail off this summer and improved those areas of his game. So, my assessment is based on what I saw last season. But, In my opinion, Halttunen is getting a lot of praise for being too good for the O, when I think he has a lot to work on and an extra year showing he can dominate all ends of the game in the O, could be a really good thing for his development.

But, we are all entitled to our opinion and at the end of the day, none of us make the big bucks to make those tough decisions. But my gut, says there is still a chance he comes back, at minimum, I think he will be playing the WJC for Finland.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I figured Haltunen was gone in January and posted it. JMO.
There is no reason why he can't work on things he needs to improve on playing in the AHL. JMO.
The pro teams work on development as well. As long as he is not overwhelmed and still co tributing not sure why they'd send back. JMO.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
As most of us expected... Sudbury is doing the league a disservice dragging this out..
For me it was nasty as soon as the bush league press release came out.
Your post (which you are entitled too) is an absolute joke. You have no clue. This situation is created by player and agent and if you read the so called media release in response he is welcomed to come back and play until a trade is orchestrated that is fair.
I’m guessing the Wolves will not give this player away for pennie’s on the dollar. Would you accept low ball offers on a Cowan trade if he went home unexpectedly and demanded a trade. Spew dis information all you want. That’s your uninformed right. But your wrong and if the shoe was on the other foot I would expect Hunters to do the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad