London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Watching the past few games for sure we are starting to look better as the vets have been returning. One thing that really seems to be missing is replacement of Gaz and Haltunnen’s goals? Yes a few of the youngsters will step up but I think if it looks like we are a serious contender (should?) we need to address that pure goal scorer role. Second a big physical stay at home minute crunching D Man would be nice to have. I think goaltending will work its way out, appreciating that unless we want to put the future on the line (not normally a Hunter operating style) we don’t have the resources available to address everything. Cheers should be a fun season with us once again watching important playoff games! Sweet to be a Knights Fan.

Reactions: Fastpace

Iceman202

Oct 15, 2024
Good luck Leonard and Willmore moving on. Leonard was a warrior and it was heartbreaking to see his ankle injury last year. Tough to see Willmore go but lets hope Elliott is a significant upgrade. Medvedev has been steady and needs more icetime.
In Mark we trust.
Likely a few more minor moves coming

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
I don't know about letting Leonard go. Guy was a solid dman, and tough. Would have explored trading Sim, might have got some assets back for him. Taking that brutal major in the Memorial Cup final soured me on him as well.
Best of luck to both of them and thanks for your time here.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Interesting moves, I assume Mark tried to find a home for Leonard and Willmore, just no trade partners willing to take them on. So, best of luck to both of those guys as they look to continue their careers.

Austin Elliott looks to be a solid pickup based on numbers, he has a fantastic W/L record over his junior career thus far, has had a really good GAA the last couple seasons and a decent SV%. Personally would like to see the SV% a tick higher, but appears to be a good pickup with several years of starting experience. I would expect with a good team in front of him, he will be a solid netminder for the team. Of course, all of this is based off looking at some stats, still need to see him play!

EDIT - Just found out his nickname is "Stone Cold" - Off to a good start in my books with a nickname like that!

Last edited:

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I don't know about letting Leonard go. Guy was a solid dman, and tough. Would have explored trading Sim, might have got some assets back for him. Taking that brutal major in the Memorial Cup final soured me on him as well.
Best of luck to both of them and thanks for your time here.
Maybe they did explore trading Sim and didn't like the return? Maybe Leonard has an opportunity outside the OHL. Lots of stuff happens behind the scenes.

Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
Austin Elliott
Goalie
Born May 14 2004 -- Calgary, ALTA
Height 6.01 -- Weight 175 -- Shoots L

Season Team Lge GP Min GA EN SO GAA W L T Svs Pct
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021-22 Notre Dame Hounds SJHL 35 2056 118 2 0 3.44 18 12 4 1064 0.900
2021-22 Saskatoon Blades WHL 2 101 9 0 0 5.37 1 0 0 59 0.868
2022-23 Saskatoon Blades WHL 37 2123 78 3 2 2.20 25 6 3 798 0.911
2023-24 Saskatoon Blades WHL 43 2437 97 7 4 2.39 29 8 3 913 0.904
2024-25 Saskatoon Blades WHL 3 180 7 0 0 2.33 3 0 0 61 0.897

Last edited:

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Maybe they did explore trading Sim and didn't like the return? Maybe Leonard has an opportunity outside the OHL. Lots of stuff happens behind the scenes.
Fact of the matter too, weather you like him or not. The team does play better with Sim in the lineup. Personally, the route they have taken with the OA's, was my preference.

Reactions: Wifi and Geff

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Tough to see Leonard go but such a position of strength on defense for the Knights we still have 8 capable defenders.

Elliot looks solid with great numbers, despite Willmores best game, 4 posts in a game means you’re out of position. Needed an upgrade.

Best of luck to both fellas, according to a few ladies we lost the most handsome Knight in Alec. Go easy on them hearts young man.

Both great assets to the team and contributed their all, London will always have the doors open for them.

MarnerMatthews

Jun 27, 2017
gaziov sent down to echl - I really thought he woulda made the A right away. Also I heard barkey is the new captain /co-captain. Which surprises me has anyone heard about this? I thought Cowan/oreilly woulda had the C.

Also I’m stoked we got a new goalie - let’s hope he’s a bit better then the last time we got a goalie from the W ;) (Brendan Burke)

MarnerMatthews

Jun 27, 2017
Where did the LFPress post this? I can't find it.
IMG_7237.png

Was removed from their site - second story Down if you google London knights lfpress - they must have put the story out a little to early haha

• Haha
Reactions: Geff

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
Tough to see Leonard go but such a position of strength on defense for the Knights we still have 8 capable defenders.

Elliot looks solid with great numbers, despite Willmores best game, 4 posts in a game means you’re out of position. Needed an upgrade.

Best of luck to both fellas, according to a few ladies we lost the most handsome Knight in Alec. Go easy on them hearts young man.

Both great assets to the team and contributed their all, London will always have the doors open for them.
"despite Willmores best game, 4 posts in a game means you’re out of position."

Most goalies I know would tell you they were in a great position.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
gaziov sent down to echl - I really thought he woulda made the A right away. Also I heard barkey is the new captain /co-captain. Which surprises me has anyone heard about this? I thought Cowan/oreilly woulda had the C.

Also I’m stoked we got a new goalie - let’s hope he’s a bit better then the last time we got a goalie from the W ;) (Brendan Burke)
Cmon, Burke won a Memorial Cup with London!
And how quickly you forget about Dylan Myskiw!

Reactions: MarnerMatthews

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Assuming letting Leonard go now allows him more opportunity to hopefully catch on with another team before all the OA spots get solidified.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad