London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Good game by Willmore tonight! If he continues to play well, I wonder if we end up saying so long to Alec Leonard…? Brz and Woolley played much better today! What is more important to the team - veteran backup goalie or veteran stay at home top 6 defender? 🤔 Tough decision for Mark Hunter.
Willmore did not play any different today than his other games, his team out front played better, give the goalies some slacks. Like all his teammates, goalies are allowed miskates too, the whole team, including him, all had bad starts to the games he's played in

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

JagrBomb93

Mar 1, 2014
London, Ontario
Willmore did not play any different today than his other games, his team out front played better, give the goalies some slacks. Like all his teammates, goalies are allowed miskates too, the whole team, including him, all had bad starts to the games he's played in
I agree that the boys played better in front of him today. However, I thought he still made some key saves today that he was unable to make in his first two starts.

Reactions: LDN

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
Guelph was really unlucky today. I counted 4 goalposts and 1 crossbar they managed to hit. Essentially, that indicates they were able to beat Willmore 5 times, but he was saved by the ping off the iron. Granted, those don't count as shots on goal,
but I'm sure that the coaches would rate those as quality scoring chances. Overall, the Knights did dominate possession time, and made the most of their chances. An entertaining game to watch, and nice to see the developing talent getting some valuable game-time experience.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
I agree that the boys played better in front of him today. However, I thought he still made some key saves today that he was unable to make in his first two starts.
At the top of these pages it says "London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread", it does not say Owen Willmore Season thread.

You want to be critical of one player, create a page and invite your guests that want to partake this critic of yours in a private discussion. To focus on one player and not the entire team of 20, and then publicly criticize this player, is not the purpose of the title of this page in a public forum. We are all seeing what you are seeing, and you could be right about him. What is wrong is embarrassing him in a public forum. If you don't mind, make it private. You can be more helpful to him and the team this way.

Reactions: zman77

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
also how many players will you be losing around Christmas? That will affect largely how the team plays- could have 4 knights on Canada.
I agree 55 which is a great “goal” is a very lofty one to say the least. The impact on this team with players absent for there WJC teams is an odd one. Historically the Knights go on a bit of a tear when the kids show up to fill in the open spots. It’s weird but I tell no lies ….. lesser when it comes to the WJC time is more?

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
It is the standard for all players named Boulton just like it was last year.
Nothing unexpected there. Barrie player got away with a slew foot and Boulton took care of business.
London is deep and there will be more of these suspensions...

Jumped a player that tripped ( slew footed ) Oliver Bonk right next to the boards.
I would argue that Sawyer was only suspended half as much as was deserved last year, but we see the games through different lenses.

JagrBomb93

Mar 1, 2014
London, Ontario
At the top of these pages it says "London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread", it does not say Owen Willmore Season thread.

You want to be critical of one player, create a page and invite your guests that want to partake this critic of yours in a private discussion. To focus on one player and not the entire team of 20, and then publicly criticize this player, is not the purpose of the title of this page in a public forum. We are all seeing what you are seeing, and you could be right about him. What is wrong is embarrassing him in a public forum. If you don't mind, make it private. You can be more helpful to him and the team this way.
How did I criticize or embarrass him? I said that Willmore played a good game… and that Mark Hunter has a tough decision to make on the OA situation…

M21

Oct 10, 2021
The team is playing better every day. I don’t see the need to add anything at this point. Let them continue to gain confidence in each other and see how things look at the trade deadline.

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
Regarding Willmore, you have to ask yourself has he played well beyond Medvedev. Simple answer is not yet, he hasn't shown that he is a cut above him. The game against Guelph the team played better in front of him and there wasn't a lot of quality shots and there will be from better teams. The OA situation will be done this week, the Hunters are not unfair to any of them. Do you use a OA on a goalie now? I think the showing so far is no and it doesn't mean there won't be a upgrade in the OA's as well. This is my opinion and glad I'm not the Hunters.

Reactions: JagrBomb93

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
How did I criticize or embarrass him? I said that Willmore played a good game… and that Mark Hunter has a tough decision to make on the OA situation…
Nothing the matter with what you are saying, your comments are not wrong, it's where they are posted that is making it wrong, most posters probably agrees with you. However, it is not helping the player when we are criticizing him out of a 20-man team game, let's all take it to a private page, so the player (s) is not reading them in embarrassment. Remember the players knows what they have done wrong, they are trying to work things out, people close to them tells them, coaches, GM, parents, teammates and friends, they don't need the public to jump all over them as well. What they need is encouragement and positivity from the public, the more room to concentrate on positivity, the less room on his mind will be for negativities or worrying about making mistakes. The players have ample assistance in dealing with their mistakes directly around him. Cheers!

JagrBomb93

Mar 1, 2014
London, Ontario
Nothing the matter with what you are saying, your comments are not wrong, it's where they are posted that is making it wrong, most posters probably agrees with you. However, it is not helping the player when we are criticizing him out of a 20-man team game, let's all take it to a private page, so the player (s) is not reading them in embarrassment. Remember the players knows what they have done wrong, they are trying to work things out, people close to them tells them, coaches, GM, parents, teammates and friends, they don't need the public to jump all over them as well. What they need is encouragement and positivity from the public, the more room to concentrate on positivity, the less room on his mind will be for negativities or worrying about making mistakes. The players have ample assistance in dealing with their mistakes directly around him. Cheers!
Okay, I agree that players should never be made to feel embarrassed on here, but again I never criticized Willmore - I said he played well. Also, I would argue that making comments and observations of London Knights players, rather than the team as a whole, is completely acceptable for this forum. Thanks.

Reactions: rve24

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Okay, I agree that players should never be made to feel embarrassed on here, but again I never criticized Willmore - I said he played well. Also, I would argue that making comments and observations of London Knights players, rather than the team as a whole, is completely acceptable for this forum. Thanks.

I can't even see the posts your responding to but it's easy to know who it is lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad