London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Last season I would have placed the team just below the 2016 team, this team I think will be better than 2023, 2016, and possibly equal to 2005 (if they add a few over the top pieces)

2005 - 59 wins
2016 - 51 wins
2023 - 50 wins

This year the west is weak, we have already faced some of the contenders in the west and are 500 in the unstable part of the season.

Yes it’s bold, and I know Dale, he won’t care to bench half the team for a rest at the end of the season if he can afford to. That could mess up my prediction.
You have 3 losses already 6 games in. You’d have to go 52/62 the rest of the way playing Oshawa twice, Brampton once more, Barrie again, Erie a bunch more times, flint too. also how many players will you be losing around Christmas? That will affect largely how the team plays- could have 4 knights on Canada. I think 55 is unrealistic but I can see them hitting 50

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Last season I would have placed the team just below the 2016 team, this team I think will be better than 2023, 2016, and possibly equal to 2005 (if they add a few over the top pieces)

2005 - 59 wins
2016 - 51 wins
2023 - 50 wins

This year the west is weak, we have already faced some of the contenders in the west and are 500 in the unstable part of the season.

Yes it’s bold, and I know Dale, he won’t care to bench half the team for a rest at the end of the season if he can afford to. That could mess up my prediction.
Equal to 2005? I'm all for being positive, but holy hell man.. just no.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Weak (?) How do you figure that, the 2 weaker teams will be Soo and Sarnia. Looks like Owen Sound has made a quick turn around London and Saginaw will be about the same as last year in terms of winning games, everyone else all improved or will do better than last season. The western Conference will be very strong again this year, will be the strongest, despite what they are saying about the Eastern, all Eastern teams will be more competitive within their ranks, yes, but will not be as strong as the Western Conference

The central division should be really good. This might be one of those rare years that the mid-west is not best. Windsor is surprising, but the west is still the weakest division imo.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
It is the standard for all players named Boulton just like it was last year.
Nothing unexpected there. Barrie player got away with a slew foot and Boulton took care of business.
London is deep and there will be more of these suspensions...

What did boulton do?
Jumped a player that tripped ( slew footed ) Oliver Bonk right next to the boards.

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
Kasper Halttunen’s AHL season starts on Saturday and he stays with the Barracuda as long as he keep getting PP time and continues to be in a top 6 role. If he were to get pushed down, then maybe he comes back.
Team is moving forward and hope to have Gleb here in the coming weeks. If Gleb produces and Halttunen does come back who's odd man out Nurmi? Will be interesting to see how they deal with that

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
He is a marked man. Seems all he has to do is step on the ice and a penalty is called. Was a penalty warranted? Yes. 5 and a game followed by a suspension? Let’s see if that is the standard for all players going forward.
It was a classic case of what the league has called "bullying" for a few years now. He jumped an unwilling participant. Agree or disagree, but it's consistent.

The hit that lead up to it? Yup should have been called. And one could argue the Colts player should have been a man and expected what was coming. He didn't, he turtled, and the end result was expected

Reactions: TheOrangePylon

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I could be wrong but it seemed to me that Bonk had his stick lifted and fell awkwardly into the boards. At the game, it didn’t seem like malicious contact from the Colt. Again, I could be wrong! Don’t yell at me, please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad