London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Very impressed with the girl that has taken over for Jaci Solomon. Best rookie performance I have seen. 👍

Ok just caught her name...Sophie. Great job Sophie. 👏

Definitely need to clean things up in the 3rd. The big guns are trying to do a bit too much and hanging onto the puck for too long. Need to put more pucks on the net. Dickinson with a goal but still really struggling with turnovers.
The D has not been good in their own end.

Last edited:

M21

Oct 10, 2021
Very impressed for the girl that has taken over for Jaci Solomon. Best rookie performance I have seen. 👍

Ok just caught her name...Sophie. Great job Sophie. 👏

The D has not been good in their own end.

The overall defensive play and PP need some work. Doesn’t look like the London Knights………..yet.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Kasper Halttunen’s AHL season starts on Saturday and he stays with the Barracuda as long as he keep getting PP time and continues to be in a top 6 role. If he were to get pushed down, then maybe he comes back.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
He's at canada camp
he must be lonely there...

Parker Vaughn, Pierce Mbuye, Braidy Wassilyn, Colin Fitzgerald, Alessandro Di Iorio, Alex McLean, Lucas Ambrosio, Blake Gowan, Kohyn Eshkawkogan, Colin Ellsworth, Ethan Belchetz, Beckham Edwards, Tyler Challenger and Jean-Christoph Lemieux are all on U17 rosters and played tonight.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Sim has such a big impact on this team.
Ok so after watching tonight’s game I have a theory. Team doesn’t need to trade for scoring or anything like that. They need a Sawyer Boulton like presence. Last year, after he showed up everyone played 2inches and 20 pounds heavier. They all played like complete pricks, which led them to take the most penalties in the CHL (didn’t matter because the penalty kill was awesome), and by being pricks they drew a lot of penalties and killed teams with their power play.
Tonight when things got really chippy they started to play better. That said having somebody that can beat up the majority of the league like last year helped.
So, is there another Sawyer Boulton out there? Failing that, Knights need to just play with a chip on their shoulder - and NOT like skilled prima donnas like they did in the memorial cup game last year and so far some of this season.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Sim has such a big impact on this team.
Ok so after watching tonight’s game I have a theory. Team doesn’t need to trade for scoring or anything like that. They need a Sawyer Boulton like presence. Last year, after he showed up everyone played 2inches and 20 pounds heavier. They all played like complete pricks, which led them to take the most penalties in the CHL (didn’t matter because the penalty kill was awesome), and by being pricks they drew a lot of penalties and killed teams with their power play.
Tonight when things got really chippy they started to play better. That said having somebody that can beat up the majority of the league like last year helped.
So, is there another Sawyer Boulton out there? Failing that, Knights need to just play with a chip on their shoulder - and NOT like skilled prima donnas like they did in the memorial cup game last year and so far some of this season.

The Knights just have to keep the score close, then close out the game with Bonk, Cowan, Dickinson, O’Reilly playing the final 15 minutes.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Knights are just going to keep improving through October and will be a very tough team to beat after that.

That back check by Cowan was incredible, there are very few defensive plays that get a stadium out of their seats! MVP!!!

Sim bring an energy and grit that is invaluable, he was missed.

This team is going to get 1000 penalty minutes and set a new record for short handed goals. Just need to tighten up defensively on the PP.

I predict over 50 wins this season, let’s say 55.

Medvedev was on fire when he had to be.

Now we can’t let the foot off the gas when facing Guelph

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
He's at canada camp
May have been resting for Canada Camp but was in the building last night not away at camp yet..

How does Boulton get the only penalty after a clear check from behind on Bonk … Barrie player should have received at least a 2 for that.
There are games that would have been called a slew foot. There is a long walk from not even a 2 minute tripping penalty to an automatic 2 game suspension.
Maybe the league will review... On Monday.. Unless the new guy makes them work weekends now...

Reactions: TheOrangePylon

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Knights are just going to keep improving through October and will be a very tough team to beat after that.

That back check by Cowan was incredible, there are very few defensive plays that get a stadium out of their seats! MVP!!!

Sim bring an energy and grit that is invaluable, he was missed.

This team is going to get 1000 penalty minutes and set a new record for short handed goals. Just need to tighten up defensively on the PP.

I predict over 50 wins this season, let’s say 55.

Medvedev was on fire when he had to be.

Now we can’t let the foot off the gas when facing Guelph

55 wins …?!

Reactions: Otto

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Last season I would have placed the team just below the 2016 team, this team I think will be better than 2023, 2016, and possibly equal to 2005 (if they add a few over the top pieces)

2005 - 59 wins
2016 - 51 wins
2023 - 50 wins

This year the west is weak, we have already faced some of the contenders in the west and are 500 in the unstable part of the season.

Yes it’s bold, and I know Dale, he won’t care to bench half the team for a rest at the end of the season if he can afford to. That could mess up my prediction.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Last season I would have placed the team just below the 2016 team, this team I think will be better than 2023, 2016, and possibly equal to 2005 (if they add a few over the top pieces)

2005 - 59 wins
2016 - 51 wins
2023 - 50 wins

This year the west is weak, we have already faced some of the contenders in the west and are 500 in the unstable part of the season.

Yes it’s bold, and I know Dale, he won’t care to bench half the team for a rest at the end of the season if he can afford to. That could mess up my prediction.
Weak (?) How do you figure that, the 2 weaker teams will be Soo and Sarnia. Looks like Owen Sound has made a quick turn around London and Saginaw will be about the same as last year in terms of winning games, everyone else all improved or will do better than last season. The western Conference will be very strong again this year, will be the strongest, despite what they are saying about the Eastern, all Eastern teams will be more competitive within their ranks, yes, but will not be as strong as the Western Conference

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad