London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

Random2152

Sep 26, 2023
It’s not trading a six year old…it’s trading a tangible asset
Feel free to live a little my friend!
Like come on, you can't really tell me that trading for a pick in 10 years - which will be used on a kid who is currently 6 isn't hilarious

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
regardless of outcome. Oshawa wins that trade. They got a premium player for almost the entire season for a low cost. It’s a huge win for them.
How exactly is this a “low cost?”

8 players for 1 player with 1 year left. 2 of those bodies can grow into larger pieces for the Attack as soon as this year, depending how they develop. I thought Bedkowski held his own just fine last year as a 17 year old.

Then you’re left with 4 high draft picks and a couple of lottery tickets in rounds 5 and 7.

As others have stated, the limit on draft pick trades inherently places a higher value on draft picks that can be traded. I don’t mind this for the Attack, considering they had limited leverage with a public trade request.

After this move, Oshawa still has their work cut out for them to even get out of the East. Brampton looks to be the team to beat. And you know Marty will do a reverse mortgage on his house, rob Peter to pay Paul, finance a couch, and whatever else it takes to try to win in Barrie this year.

Last edited:

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
John Tortorella’s thoughts on Oliver Bonk….

View attachment 911969

Sounds like we will be getting him back for sure and hopefully soon!
Regardless, it’s great that Oliver is staying this long in Philly. Same with Easton in Toronto and Kasper in the AHL.

I actively root for players to make the NHL or AHL because moving them up early has to mean that the development went exceptionally well in London or whichever OHL team they played for. It’s what keeps organizations chugging along and is more important for the brand than loading up on rentals for a championship run, I think.

On the other hand, if London is lucky enough to get Bonk, Cowan, and/or Halttunen back, the fans win by seeing more high end talent for another season.

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Regardless, it’s great that Oliver is staying this long in Philly. Same with Easton in Toronto and Kasper in the AHL.

I actively root for players to make the NHL or AHL because moving them up early has to mean that the development went exceptionally well in London or whichever OHL team they played for. It’s what keeps organizations chugging along and is more important for the brand than loading up on rentals for a championship run, I think.

On the other hand, if London is lucky enough to get Bonk, Cowan, and/or Halttunen back, the fans win by seeing more high end talent for another season.
There is no doubt in my mind that Bonk and Cowan will be back!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad