London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Seriously, are you ok?
Why say West-East-West 3way deals sometimes happen if you say minutes later you have mo clue?
Why say I make an excellent point about the number of players it would take when I said nothing about that?
It was not a self made assumption y myself....you actually wrote it lol.
I asked politely for you not to PM me and you do so again. Are you saying you won't give me that and will co tinue to PM me.....There's a word for that type behaviour. Ya talk about ignore button. Are you saying you will harass me until I do? That's mature lol.
Cheers lol.
🤣! It looks like someone is finally catching on what Fastpace is all about ;)
Glad you could join in the discussion, my friend. Still like rve24 though, Cheers!

• Haha
Reactions: rve24

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Glad to see the new season start and Knights fans aren't happy with the team and immediately want to trade for every top player/goalie in the league.

What would happen if the Knights went full rebuild in the next couple years and missed the playoffs? Most posters would need to be put on suicide watch.

Here is a tip.....watch the games, follow the team and enjoy watching TEENAGERS develop into better people and hockey players.......win or lose.
Hey !!! Good one 🤣. That'll never happen, the rebuilding that is.🤣! Cheers!

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Seriously, are you ok?
Why say West-East-West 3way deals sometimes happen if you say minutes later you have mo clue?
Why say I make an excellent point about the number of players it would take when I said nothing about that?
It was not a self made assumption y myself....you actually wrote it lol.
I asked politely for you not to PM me and you do so again. Are you saying you won't give me that and will co tinue to PM me.....There's a word for that type behaviour. Ya talk about ignore button. Are you saying you will harass me until I do? That's mature lol.
Cheers lol.
Alright you two lovebirds, back to the PM’s this conversation goes lol, or it should end right now. No need to keep posting that kinda stuff on the Knights board.

Jeez I everybody is at each others throats and it’s only Game 2 of the Knights season lol! This can’t go on for the whole season though.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Alright you two lovebirds, back to the PM’s this conversation goes lol, or it should end right now. No need to keep posting that kinda stuff on the Knights board.

Jeez I everybody is at each others throats and it’s only Game 2 of the Knights season lol! This can’t go on for the whole season though.
Thank You ! My thoughts exactly, no need for us to do our dirty laundry on public pages, this is not hockey talks. Cheers!

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
You’re correct and just adding on….

The only way the Mark Hunter gets an OHL star these days, is if they specifically request to go London thus forces the trading teams hand (usually at OHL draft/Max Domi), somehow fleeces a team (Auston Watson), or a player no team wants and has diminished their trading value (Ryan Merkley).

Yes I know there was a John Tavares trade but although I don’t think he regrets that trade, I think he became even smarter with his assets because of that trade.

The Mitchell Stephen’s and Mitchell Vande Sompel trades were Rob Simpson’s doing.

Otherwise, Mark doesn’t pay up huge for OHL stars.
Yeah, the Tavares trade was 15 years ago now. Before that, Girardi and Fritsche were brought on as rentals in 2005.

So, I agree. Any recent rentals acquired have been done at an affordable price and not bought at the high end of the market. I think London has accepted that you can build the best team at a reasonable cost per win and that it doesn’t change your Memorial Cup aspirations because the tournament is a crapshoot. Last year is a perfect example.

Reactions: rve24

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
🤣! It looks like someone is finally catching on what Fastpace is all about ;)
Glad you could join in the discussion, my friend. Still like rve24 though, Cheers!
Grow up and stop PMing me. ( again) If your looking for a friend your going about it the wrong way lol.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fastpace

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Yeah, the Tavares trade was 15 years ago now. Before that, Girardi and Fritsche were brought on as rentals in 2005.

So, I agree. Any recent rentals acquired have been done at an affordable price and not bought at the high end of the market. I think London has accepted that you can build the best team at a reasonable cost per win and that it doesn’t change your Memorial Cup aspirations because the tournament is a crapshoot. Last year is a perfect example.

The last big move in my memory was Winterton for Testa and a second and Stephen’s for four seconds

Both those trades worked out for the Knights.

I think the last few years starting with 2020 where we didn’t improve in Evangelistas last year set the stage for the change in strategy.

The Knights now pick up defectors in Dickinson and Brzustewicz and avoid deadline deals at all costs.

Reactions: Fastpace and rve24

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
The last big move in my memory was Winterton for Testa and a second and Stephen’s for four seconds

Both those trades worked out for the Knights.

I think the last few years starting with 2020 where we didn’t improve in Evangelistas last year set the stage for the change in strategy.

The Knights now pick up defectors in Dickinson and Brzustewicz and avoid deadline deals at all costs.
I just told everyone that the Mitchell Stephens trade was a trade done by Rob Simpson not Mark Hunter. Mark likely wouldn’t have done that trade but fully trusted Simpson to do what he thought was best.

Winterton was a great player but I wouldn’t have considered him an OHL star like the players up for trade now (Colby Barlow, Quentin Musty etc). Winterton did have pedigree and experience and thrived in a great system. Great player though

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Winterton was a playoff beast! If we could find another Winterton type we would be in good shape

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Current lineup has to be something like:

Nurmi-O’Reilly-Nicholl
Van Gorp-Julien-Hawery
Van Bommel-Read-Arrowsmith
Boulton-Gerber-Aboflan

Dickinson-Brzustewicz
Woolley-Leonard
Spencer-Fagen

Medvedev
Willmore

Reactions: dino200022

dino200022

Winterton was a playoff beast! If we could find another Winterton type we would be in good shape
I had Winterton down as a star when the deal was made...If you go back in the archives I believe I said once healthy and up and running he would easily be one of our best forwards. Pat on the back to myself 🍾.

Question of the week. Who starts Friday and who starts Saturday, I think a lot will be telling with who is between the pipes this weekend. Both teams are top notch, but I think whoever gets the start on Saturday is the guy this group feels is there current #1 netminder. Do they give Willy the shot vs Brampton or do they see what Meds can do vs the best team in the league!

dino200022

Its Meds crease to lose put him in Friday, if he is steady start him Saturday, falters Willy goes in.

I think Meds gets the crease Friday night at home, and Willy goes Saturday in Brampton. That will be Willy's make or break night. Just my thought though obviously, with the Hunters anything can happen. Just not sure we want to smash Willy's confidence this early in case Meds does come back down to earth at some point.

Reactions: Fastpace

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
You’re correct and just adding on….

The only way the Mark Hunter gets an OHL star these days, is if they specifically request to go London thus forces the trading teams hand (usually at OHL draft/Max Domi), somehow fleeces a team (Auston Watson), or a player no team wants and has diminished their trading value (Ryan Merkley).

Yes I know there was a John Tavares trade but although I don’t think he regrets that trade, I think he became even smarter with his assets because of that trade.

The Mitchell Stephen’s and Mitchell Vande Sompel trades were Rob Simpson’s doing.

Otherwise, Mark doesn’t pay up huge for OHL stars.
He did for Dickinson and Mete and reeled the rewards. Ryan Winterton was no slouch either

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Never expected S. Boulton to get into a NHL exhibition game? good for him. I would not trade for Barlow..let him go out East.

2 games! Lowest average time on ice for the team though, but wouldn't be surprised if he got an AHL deal at this point.

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
I had Winterton down as a star when the deal was made...If you go back in the archives I believe I said once healthy and up and running he would easily be one of our best forwards. Pat on the back to myself 🍾.

Question of the week. Who starts Friday and who starts Saturday, I think a lot will be telling with who is between the pipes this weekend. Both teams are top notch, but I think whoever gets the start on Saturday is the guy this group feels is there current #1 netminder. Do they give Willy the shot vs Brampton or do they see what Meds can do vs the best team in the league!
Medvedev is really pushing the issue, but right now, it is Willmore's crease to lose. He may be their number one but likely on a very short leash, they'll give him all opportunity to shine, if not, it will be used for his window dressing IMHO

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
he has an ahl deal already? am i missing sometihng?

Jeez man, you just come into the Knights thread just to try to correct people and look smart. Not to mention, a Knights fan already mentioned it before what you just said.

Contribute and engage to the conversation instead of going from thread to thread trying to prove how smart you are.

If you want your flowers, you are knowledgeable, kudos to you. Now feel free to engage in some actual Knights season talk instead of being an interloper.

Reactions: Otto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad