London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Seriously, are you ok?
Why say West-East-West 3way deals sometimes happen if you say minutes later you have mo clue?
Why say I make an excellent point about the number of players it would take when I said nothing about that?
It was not a self made assumption y myself....you actually wrote it lol.
I asked politely for you not to PM me and you do so again. Are you saying you won't give me that and will co tinue to PM me.....There's a word for that type behaviour. Ya talk about ignore button. Are you saying you will harass me until I do? That's mature lol.
Cheers lol.
🤣! It looks like someone is finally catching on what Fastpace is all about ;)
Glad you could join in the discussion, my friend. Still like rve24 though, Cheers!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Glad to see the new season start and Knights fans aren't happy with the team and immediately want to trade for every top player/goalie in the league.

What would happen if the Knights went full rebuild in the next couple years and missed the playoffs? Most posters would need to be put on suicide watch.

Here is a tip.....watch the games, follow the team and enjoy watching TEENAGERS develop into better people and hockey players.......win or lose.
Hey !!! Good one 🤣. That'll never happen, the rebuilding that is.🤣! Cheers!

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Seriously, are you ok?
Why say West-East-West 3way deals sometimes happen if you say minutes later you have mo clue?
Why say I make an excellent point about the number of players it would take when I said nothing about that?
It was not a self made assumption y myself....you actually wrote it lol.
I asked politely for you not to PM me and you do so again. Are you saying you won't give me that and will co tinue to PM me.....There's a word for that type behaviour. Ya talk about ignore button. Are you saying you will harass me until I do? That's mature lol.
Cheers lol.
Alright you two lovebirds, back to the PM’s this conversation goes lol, or it should end right now. No need to keep posting that kinda stuff on the Knights board.

Jeez I everybody is at each others throats and it’s only Game 2 of the Knights season lol! This can’t go on for the whole season though.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Alright you two lovebirds, back to the PM’s this conversation goes lol, or it should end right now. No need to keep posting that kinda stuff on the Knights board.

Jeez I everybody is at each others throats and it’s only Game 2 of the Knights season lol! This can’t go on for the whole season though.
Thank You ! My thoughts exactly, no need for us to do our dirty laundry on public pages, this is not hockey talks. Cheers!

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
You’re correct and just adding on….

The only way the Mark Hunter gets an OHL star these days, is if they specifically request to go London thus forces the trading teams hand (usually at OHL draft/Max Domi), somehow fleeces a team (Auston Watson), or a player no team wants and has diminished their trading value (Ryan Merkley).

Yes I know there was a John Tavares trade but although I don’t think he regrets that trade, I think he became even smarter with his assets because of that trade.

The Mitchell Stephen’s and Mitchell Vande Sompel trades were Rob Simpson’s doing.

Otherwise, Mark doesn’t pay up huge for OHL stars.
Yeah, the Tavares trade was 15 years ago now. Before that, Girardi and Fritsche were brought on as rentals in 2005.

So, I agree. Any recent rentals acquired have been done at an affordable price and not bought at the high end of the market. I think London has accepted that you can build the best team at a reasonable cost per win and that it doesn’t change your Memorial Cup aspirations because the tournament is a crapshoot. Last year is a perfect example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad