London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
more so than some HF poster who started the rumour because they love trading for players.

London does not work that way and musty's not a Hunter type. Yes he's a good player but don't see it frok how the player carries himself.

Could it happen? Sure, I guess it could. Will it happen? I'd bet my house on it that it doesn't.
That is fair! I can see McCue happening.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
I don’t think we need to trade for anyone, Knights are stacked we have the best players in junior PERIOD

Could use George from OS and would need a no1 C IF Cowan sticks. Otherwise we are solid
With the rumours of Owen Sound trading Barlow and seemingly not having a great team this year. I would love for London to swoop in and acquire George. If they can get George, that takes away one glaring weakness on the roster and then it is championship or bust!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Perhaps you all have a different outlook of this year's Knights need, if they lose Halttunen they will lose a natural right-winger with lots of goals coming out of that side last year. You have Cowan (RW) on the first line, after that you have to go all the way down the lineup to find Arrowsmith as your next natural right-winger. Last season the Knights needed help at center, not so this year, they have O'Reilly - Julien - Nicholls they're going to have to give some ice to Hawery on 4th line and likely Read for depth. You see where I am coming at here, plenty down the middle, just need to fill in the sides, one important one is a natural replacement for Halttunen, the depth chart fall into place as you follow all the players up the roster. Barlow is my first choice, but he is a LW, can he, or could he play on RW? You all may have different views, and would like to read about them.

*No doubt Medvedev is London goalie of the future and will likely get a good chunk of playing time this year. Willmore is a very good positional goalie, very hard to beat when he's square to the shooter. Has he played well enough to take the number one spot, it doesn't appear to be thus far, he may need to work on his lateral speed to get himself ready for the shots, he just seems to get there a half a second late. Can Dave Rook work with him, I am sure he would and will, but can London afford an overeager goalie when they have Julien, Sim and Leonard in its lineup, you'd have to think London will make a move at that position sometime soon. And yes, Carter George would definitely look good in a Knight's uniform.

Reactions: Section5Petes

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I’m not a Barlow fan, tons of skill but prone to being dramatic and hot headed. Individual not a team player.

If, and a very big IF we needed someone I’d sell the farm for Jett Luchanko, but he isn’t moving as he is a two year player likely. Although, he may be good enough to make the jump next year and in that case a trade with many conditionals for next year make sense.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
I’m not a Barlow fan, tons of skill but prone to being dramatic and hot headed. Individual not a team player.

If, and a very big IF we needed someone I’d sell the farm for Jett Luchanko, but he isn’t moving as he is a two year player likely. Although, he may be good enough to make the jump next year and in that case a trade with many conditionals for next year make sense.
Barlow, a team captain (?) and an individual player, are we missing something that is not disclosed here? London won the 2016 Memorial cup with Mathew Tkachuk in its lineup, does Barlow fit that kind of individualism, I wonder, just trying to understand the individual player from Owen Sound?

JRHOCKEYBUZZ

Aug 22, 2024
With the rumours of Owen Sound trading Barlow and seemingly not having a great team this year. I would love for London to swoop in and acquire George. If they can get George, that takes away one glaring weakness on the roster and then it is championship or bust!
Owen Sound is not moving from George. 18 Years old, Arguably the best goalie in the league. No chance they move on from him this year. Maybe next year if they do not see an improvement but there is no chance George is available at this point. In terms of upgrading on a goaltender, there really is not a ton of options maybe Costanza from Windsor.. tough goalie market this year.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Yes that’s all it was, a rumour started by him but isn’t true. It’s not even a report lol!

Brantford, Kingston, Brampton all would get first dibs on Musty before London would regardless. I know Guelph is gonna be decent this year so they won’t be selling, but Cam Allen or from the Soo Andrew Gibson would give us an awesome core 4 of defense.
I think Guelph will both be decent AND sell, if the owners allow. Their '07 and '08 group looks really good.

Edited to add: Since Luchanko was mentioned, he stays but if I'm George I'm taking calls on any '04s and '05s. Gillespie, Allen, Alriksson, plus the OA's.

JRHOCKEYBUZZ

Aug 22, 2024
I would add from Kitchener like a Parsons for Willmore swap . Even kick tires on Trent Swick. Even look at Andonovski on defence .
Why would Kitchener want Wilmore over Parsons? That deal does nothing for them unless they are getting a pick/picks back. Wilmore has 30 career GP as an OA. Parsons has 80 (missed the 22-23 with injury) Kitchener knows by this point what they have with Parsons - I don't know if anyone knows what Willmore really is.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Why would Kitchener want Wilmore over Parsons? That deal does nothing for them unless they are getting a pick/picks back. Wilmore has 30 career GP as an OA. Parsons has 80 (missed the 22-23 with injury) Kitchener knows by this point what they have with Parsons - I don't know if anyone knows what Willmore really is.

i think thats what he was getting it, it would be a flip plus picks. kitchener would do it but not sure they would do it today.

Reactions: MikeBossy14

JRHOCKEYBUZZ

Aug 22, 2024
i think thats what he was getting it, it would be a flip plus picks. kitchener would do it but not sure they would do it today.
Fair enough; If it's a swap plus picks then maybe more likely to happen. Still don't know how committed to an OA swap Kitchener would be with a Midwest division rival. But if its a good offer and benefits both teams it would be fun to see!

Reactions: Section5Petes

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Fair enough; If it's a swap plus picks then maybe more likely to happen. Still don't know how committed to an OA swap Kitchener would be with a Midwest division rival. But if its a good offer and benefits both teams it would be fun to see!

kitchner is in obvious sell mode. willmore may be a good oa to get back for cheap so that they dont overplay a kid.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Owen Sound is not moving from George. 18 Years old, Arguably the best goalie in the league. No chance they move on from him this year. Maybe next year if they do not see an improvement but there is no chance George is available at this point. In terms of upgrading on a goaltender, there really is not a ton of options maybe Costanza from Windsor.. tough goalie market this year.
For sure, it is a bit of a pipe dream, but something Owen Sound may entertain for the right price. Albeit, a substantial price. But London and Owen Sound do have a bit of a trade history.

Regardless, the price will be very high if anything was to happen. I do fully agree George is one of the best goalies in entire league, maybe even the best. I think George will become a legit NHL starter one day and could even become the Canadian goalie of the future, seeing how that pipeline is pretty thin right now. Goalies are tricky and hard to predict, but if he reaches his full potential, I think the sky is the limit for him. Which is why he would look great in green and gold haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad