London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Don't expect early come back for O'Reilly from the Oilers camp, they are going to have a very long look at him. He'll likely play 9 NHL games then come back, Edmonton are too deep this year to have room for a young 18 year old rookie. IMHO

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Don't expect early come back for O'Reilly from the Oilers camp, they are going to have a very long look at him. He'll likely play 9 NHL games then come back, Edmonton are too deep this year to have room for a young 18 year old rookie. IMHO
What?! No way

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
I think they keep him for a game or two just give him a taste and send him back with marching orders on what they need from him

Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Not a chance he plays 9 NHL games. Where are you getting this from?
Was my quote read to completion? ex- "IMHO" or not

As much as I love Easton Cowan and all he's done as a Knights player, he plays the game with the heart, I do believe Sam O'Reilly has moved up to Easton Cowan's level of development, Sam has reach the NHL readiness one year sooner, if it wasn't for an Oilers heavy and full lineup, Sam would have made that team as an 18 year old, again "in my humble opinion"

He's a reminder of another Oiler great, Mark Messier at that same age

Last edited:

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
OReilly was Cowans equal last year?
Cmon now, I like both players development and pro prospects alot amd maybe OReilly diez surpass EC at some point but that wasn't this past season IMHO ;) It's his D+1 year.....look at the history of kids drafted in that spot and them getting 9 NHL games ( add in on a Stanley cup finalist for kicks and I'll bet it's supr super low )

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
OReilly was Cowans equal last year?
Cmon now, I like both players development and pro prospects alot amd maybe OReilly diez surpass EC at some point but that wasn't this past season IMHO ;) It's his D+1 year.....look at the history of kids drafted in that spot and them getting 9 NHL games ( add in on a Stanley cup finalist for kicks and I'll bet it's supr super low )
Fair enough, I am viewing his development on his own merit and individual level of development, I am not too big on overall history, perhaps I should find more interest on histories, but I am not at the moment. I respect and do thank you for your reply, I am more of understanding of where you are coming from. Cheers

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Was my quote read to completion? ex- "IMHO" or not

As much as I love Easton Cowan and all he's done as a Knights player, he plays the game with the heart, I do believe Sam O'Reilly has moved up to Easton Cowan's level of development, Sam has reach the NHL readiness one year sooner, if it wasn't for an Oilers heavy and full lineup, Sam would have made that team as an 18 year old, again "in my humble opinion"

He's a reminder of another Oiler great, Mark Messier at that same age
Your predictions are hilarious 🤣

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Fair enough, I am viewing his development on his own merit and individual level of development, I am not too big on overall history, perhaps I should find more interest on histories, but I am not at the moment. I respect and do thank you for your reply, I am more of understanding of where you are coming from. Cheers
Do you think ORielly was as NHL ready as EC in the OHL POs mere months ago? I think that's what you are suggesting.
No worries if you are. I would disagree but that's cool. We will see.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Do you think ORielly was as NHL ready as EC in the OHL POs mere months ago? I think that's what you are suggesting.
No worries if you are. I would disagree but that's cool. We will see.
I do not follow players as most often hockey fans do, or have a tendency to watch how offensively ready a player is to move onto a higher platform. There are so many little things that comes with readiness, I am sure you are well aware of. It's so easy to judge a player only by numbers on score-sheets. I don't need to explain that, O'Reilly's defensive attention on the ice seems natural and fitting him like a glove. It is automatic for him to think defence even when he's on an offensive rush. You can teach it as part of a developmental stage, but Sam is a natural and has already perfected it to pro level at a young age of 18. That is why I suggested he will have a long stay in the NHL this fall, and if it wasn't for a strong Oilers lineup he could stick with that team this year, it is something I have noticed early on last fall and commented he'd be a first round pick. I am confident had he not had a 4 weeks slump in mid February to mid Marsh he would have been pick in the middle of round one, he is not of the Rico Fata, Sam Gagner or a Rob Schremp mold, he is more of the Mark Messier, Bob Gainey or Jodan Stall mold (or playing style) at that age

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Knights77

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
So far I really like Fagen, Medvedev, Johnston, Nurmi, Hawery, Van Bommell as guys who have solidified a spot
Johnston needs to start the year like this if he isn't producing by game 5-8 he's probably going to be traded to where he wants to go. Mark will make it happen if needed

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
It is exactly the start Johnston needed. If he keeps consistent it’s difficult to see him moved.

We will have to move 3/4 forwards by the trade deadline, there is just not enough minutes for everyone but we won’t move anyone who can be a point per game. Obviously Johnston will come back to earth but if he is contributing on the 3/4 lines as a mature 19 year old the spot is his.

I did not get to see the games so I will be watching out for the things away from the puck in the Sarnia games.

I hope he keeps it up, he was off my roster a week ago.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Who will get a look in the next preseason game?
1000010435.jpg

Alot of players will be away so other players will get opportunity to play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad