London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
That could fill Robertson’s spot.

Robertson requested a trade
Robertson requested a trade a while ago. Since then he’s signed a new 1 year deal for peanuts. Looks like they’re giving him playing time which is what he wanted, hence the role of a diminutive scorer on the 3rd line is now taken, and Cowan comes back for a year. Who knows….but I feel he’ll be back.

Reactions: Knightsfan90

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If we get Parekh I am done as a Knights fan. Sorry I don’t like phony players. No matter how talented they are!
Really?! The kid has the swag man. Love him or hate him he’s entertaining and confident as f***

Not sure if this has been mentioned but as a Flyers fan was looking forward to seeing Barkey this weekend at the rookie tournament, but he's out due to mono (sounds like he's just exiting having it.)
Did not know it was mono!

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
1000010508.jpg

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Losing Simpson George and Edward is assuring o/a spot for Leonard and Willmore. I do believe Gazizov is the odd man and Sim's position will depend on Julien's return. You always hear when building a team, it all start from the backend on out. IMHO

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Losing Simpson George and Edward is assuring o/a spot for Leonard and Willmore. I do believe Gazizov is the odd man and Sim's position will depend on Julien's return. You always hear when building a team, it all start from the backend on out. IMHO
Naw Julien and Willmore are locks. Sim will be needed to take the Max McCue spot of being that physical scorer that can play anywhere in the top 9.

Leonard is a great defenseman, but look at the logjam.

Bonk
Dickinson
Woolley
Brzustewicz
Fagan
Jenken
Spencer

They need Leonard until Julien, Dickinson and Bonk come back, but when that happens he is just in a logjam and it just makes sense for him to be moved. With Leoard there would be 8 capable defenseman.

Reactions: LDN and JagrBomb93

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
I don't think Willmore is a lock for an OA spot just my gut feeling we shall see ill go Julien,Sim & Leonard
If they start the season with Willmore. I can see them getting a decent back up for Medvedev at the deadline and getting one of the leagues top OA

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Julien scored Winnipeg's third goal (PP) of their 4-3 O/T win over Calgary rookie game. He played well, nothing fancy and looked after his defensive side first.

Reactions: LDN

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Apparently the new scoreboard is having some issues and ice rentals at Bud Gardens are being cancelled so they can ensure it is fixed before the home opener.

• Haha
Reactions: crowncarrier

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
I put together a list of where some recent prospects are playing this year. A couple of interesting ones stick out to me.

Matthew Airhart, 2024 5th round pick decided to play Jr.C for his hometown team.
Jackson Taylor, 2024 6th round pick is playing in Europe
players list.PNG

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
I don't think Willmore is a lock for an OA spot just my gut feeling we shall see ill go Julien,Sim & Leonard
If they start the season with Willmore. I can see them getting a decent back up for Medvedev at the deadline and getting one of the leagues top OA

Nobody is a lock.....

Julien depends on if he is returned from Winnipeg (most likely)
Willmore depends on the performance of Medvedev and Wilson
Leonard depends on the performance of Woolley, Brzustewicz, Fagan, Jenken, etc.
Gazizov depends on the availability of Halttunen, Nurmi and Semenov
Sim depends on the need/availability of the four listed above

Personally, I believe the Knights will need Leonard's experience more than anyone except perhaps, Julien. Yes, there's a logjam there, but few proven OHL regulars.

If Medvedev and Wilson both continue to show that they can handle everyday duties, it wouldn't make sense for the Knights to hang on to Willy.....and if Halttunen and Nurmi come back, I can't see the need for Gaz.

The bottom line is, there are still way too many unknowns to be considering anybody a lock.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Jacob Julien played well so far in rookie camp, but I don't think he did enough to warrant him a contract yet. He's playing the smart game and a safe game, with very little mistakes but he has not stood out from the pack, this could change but as of now it's not enough.

Last edited:

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Cowan will make leafs. He will play on second or 3rd line and get 2nd power play minutes. He would come back to Knights if he had more to improve on..which he doesn't. I expect 20 goal season and 50 points 1st year.
Ain't happening and..... ain't happening......ain't happening.....yes hes coming back and no way is that happening.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Ain't happening and..... ain't happening......ain't happening.....yes hes coming back and no way is that happening.
It's too hard to keep him in Toronto all year with the cap being so tight for the Leafs. If he starts the year in Toronto there will inevitably be a time where they have injury issues and need the flexibility to move pieces around between the NHL/AHL to make the math work and Cowan just doesn't have that same flexibility. Unless he absolutely nails down a top 6 spot, I just can't see it. Nobody got hurt by playing an extra year in junior.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Leonard can fit on any pairing. Defence is not that experienced after Dickinson and Bonk.

Sim is a nice player but doesn’t move the needle much offensively. And lack of discipline finally caught up with the team with a major penalty in the final. Team needs less of that.
Well that’s why you have until January to get the defense more experience and ice time.

You do realize Dale HAS TO develop Woolley, Brzustewicz, Fagan, Jenken, and Spencer. And there will be lots of competition this year for defense and Fagan and Jenken will demand icetime this year since they spent their rookie year in Jr B.

Don’t be fooled as Mark and Dale are looking at next year too. It’s very possible that Jared Woolley could be our Number 1 defenseman next year and that’s scary, so we need to get these players acclimated fast.

So it would be best for Brzustewicz, Fagan, Jenken and Spencer to develop this year tjen try to figure it out next year. I would…. And so would Dale and Mark…

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Well that’s why you have until January to get the defense more experience and ice time.

You do realize Dale HAS TO develop Woolley, Brzustewicz, Fagan, Jensen, and Spencer. And there will be lots of competition this year for defense and Fagan and Jensen will demand icetime this year since they spent their rookie year in Jr B.

Don’t be fooled that Mark and Dale are looking at next year too. It’s very possible that Jared Woolley could be our Number 1 defenseman next year….

So it would be best for Brzustewicz, Fagan, Jenken and Spencer to develop this year tjen try to figure it out next year. I would…. And so would Dale and Mark…
I would not mind Brz and Wool as the top pairing next year

Reactions: Ken Yates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad