London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Yes Halttunen is likely gone. No reason why he can’t be in the AHL.

However, if I’m a GM, I would want to my prospects to dominate their league before moving on to the next level. Maybe Halttunen’s point total was masked by being on the 3rd line all year, but if I’m a GM, I’d want him to score 50 goals and dominate all year before moving to the next level.
It was said in the Free Press that there is a good chance Halttunen is back, here is the quote from the article by Pyette.

"Gazizov remains a potential major junior overager but will take his best crack at starting a pro career here in North America. Halttunen is eligible to play in the American league for the Barracuda but there is still a good chance he is returned to London."

It seems like the team is preparing as if he will be back with them. Maybe that means they have had talks with the Sharks and they agree with your analysis, at least pre training camp, training camp can always change opinions.

Reactions: tjziel

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Ah a bigger video board to show advertising instead of replays big deal. nothing worse then looking at the replay and a add comes on.
Agreed. Ive given up hoping for decent replays.

Instead of unneccesary spending, the Knights should work on the ingame content.

Player interviews and some ads have excruciating bad sound.

But hey, we will get life like advertising.

Last edited:

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON

I totally agree, the in game presentation could be so much better. of OHL Arena's I have been to, the Rangers have the best in the league. But, I am hopeful this new board will allow them to do some more things like you mention!

Frank the Skank

Jan 11, 2019
104 Row D 15

The Knights don't pay for the scoreboard

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Yes Halttunen is likely gone. No reason why he can’t be in the AHL.

However, if I’m a GM, I would want to my prospects to dominate their league before moving on to the next level. Maybe Halttunen’s point total was masked by being on the 3rd line all year, but if I’m a GM, I’d want him to score 50 goals and dominate all year before moving to the next level.
Yes, that is a good development approach for a GM to see his future stars well-prepared before joining the pro ranks, but that is only one small part of a big picture to look at. A GM needs to look at his immediate roster, is it stable now or not, can a young star help his team now, there is the money cap issues, can he part with a veteran to lower his cap by adding a young potential to his roster, will the young player help his team now to bring immediate dividends. Remember a GM is on the clock as well, if his team is not winning, they will show him the door. Halttunen has shown pro-level plays, for him to stay in junior, it will not help him or advance his already achieved pro-like development. Cheers !

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Ah a bigger video board to show advertising instead of replays big deal. nothing worse then looking at the replay and a add comes on.
A bigger viewing board to better brainwash its viewing audience, is that it?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Any other renovations
I kind of like the lighting system behind the nets going up the bay window posts, I first noticed it at the Guelph Sleeman Centre, perhaps London can bring in their own version of it, maybe green and gold lights with a big circular red light on top, something unique and fancy

Reactions: three dog night
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad