London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 8)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
LDN goes 5-2 vs SAG in the last month or whatever before tonights game and aren't CHL champions. I hate LDN but that doesn't sit well with me either. Just one of those years like Windsor bit ago.. Single elimination for the whole shebang isn't ideal. Hate to see it but I dunno you just gotta win it. At least the cup is back in the O. That was one of the best teams LDN has had IMO.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Congrats on a helluva season. CHLs best team & I don't think many would argue. Unfortunately it's 1& done which is partly why it's such a great tournament. Your top 4 D were about as good as you'll see in junior. I'm sure this will fuel the core of the team for next yr like last year's defeat did. 🍻

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
LDN goes 5-2 vs SAG in the last month or whatever before tonights game and aren't CHL champions. I hate LDN but that doesn't sit well with me either. Just one of those years like Windsor bit ago.. Single elimination for the whole shebang isn't ideal. Hate to see it but I dunno you just gotta win it. At least the cup is back in the O. That was one of the best teams LDN has had IMO.
not ideal but the way the tournament has always gone. they won’t change it.

Reactions: davewheeler

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Congratulations to You incredible London Knights fans from Vancouver BC as a former student of Mike Stubbs at Fanshawe College in London.

What a season and I’m sad Easton Cowan didn’t get his memorial cup championship. As a former OHL season ticket holder and as someone who has followed hockey the last 3 decades , this is one of the greatest teams I have ever witnessed in junior hockey .

Really sad London couldn’t get that 3rd Memorial Cup championship and I really feel for the hunters

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Congratulations on a great season. Saginaw and London were two very good teams and not much separated them. London finished 2 points ahead in the regular season and got the benefit of a much easier second round matchup while Saginaw had a tough 7 game series. I think London and Saginaw could play a best of 99 series and it would go the distance.

All things being equal you guys are right back next season. Cheers

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Congratulations on a great season. Saginaw and London were two very good teams and not much separated them. London finished 2 points ahead in the regular season and got the benefit of a much easier second round matchup while Saginaw had a tough 7 game series. I think London and Saginaw could play a best of 99 series and it would go the distance.

All things being equal you guys are right back next season. Cheers
lol I dunno they played a best of 7 not too long ago and it didn't go the distance....

Reactions: LDN and MJ5

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
To be undefeated through the tournament, and lose 1 game, is pretty bogus.

Should need to lose twice at least in the tournament. Game 3 should be tomorrow.

Reactions: SteveCrow1

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016

Should need to lose twice at least in the tournament. Game 3 should be tomorrow.
Agree... Jr.B has a round robin then the two best teams play a series in the finals... or at least they use to....

Reactions: SteveCrow1

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Let’s face it we played maybe 5-10 of 60 minutes well today. They didn’t show up. They should feel awful. A memorial cup and putting your name in the record books. Now just a runner up which means NOTHING. Absolutely ashamed of them. They played an unreal year and shit the bed tonight

Better f***ing win next year. Enough of this crying Dickinson
They have absolutely nothing to be ashamed for, finishing first over all, winning the league top honor, and on to the final game of the Memorial Cup tourney and losing it in the final minute. They have every reason to walk out of there with their heads up, I just wish the direction to attack the one game takes all were somewhat different. We are really proud to every one of these boys, they had a monster season

Saginaw won 4 games to London's 3, Saginaw won, tourney over

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Lets just put it this way, the Knights won 16 games to win the OHL championship and Saginaw won 4 to win the Memorial cup. If someone asked me which championship would you want the Knights to win and you can only pick 1 I say the one that we won!!! Its WAY HARDER to win and im proud of the boys!! 5 OHL championships in 20 years and 7 times in the finals in that time?? HELL YEAH!!! WE ARE SPOILED!!!!! Thank you and see you in 3 months!! :thumbu:

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Lets just put it this way, the Knights won 16 games to win the OHL championship and Saginaw won 4 to win the Memorial cup. If someone asked me which championship would you want the Knights to win and you can only pick 1 I say the one that we won!!! Its WAY HARDER to win and im proud of the boys!! 5 OHL championships in 20 years and 7 times in the finals in that time?? HELL YEAH!!! WE ARE SPOILED!!!!! Thank you and see you in 3 months!! :thumbu:
A league title is way harder and more impressive than getting hot for a weekend.

Reactions: Knights2729

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby

Agreed
I have thought about that and really should be a double knockout. They both have won 1 game so one more game to settle it

Reactions: Budz

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Not sour grapes - just a question.

They (League/refs) can review a hit, when no penalty is called on a play retroactively?

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Saginaw deserved that win. London played very hesitant and seemed way too concerned with positioning. They didn’t want the puck the way Saginaw did and it showed. Saginaw was the hungrier and more aggressive team.

Eventually London found some will and darn near pulled a rabbit out of a hat at the end. That’s what can happen when you have that much talent! We saw it in game 3 against Oshawa…. 10 good minutes is sometimes all they need to show up for. But tonight it just wasn’t enough. Despite Dickinson playing like a man possessed for a few shifts and nearly putting the team on his back.

Hate the tournament format all you want, but Saginaw were the rightful Champions… given the format has been the same for a long time now.

London was the top Regular season team.
London bettered Saginaw head to head in the regular season.
London are the OHL champions
London beat Saginaw head to head in playoffs.
London beat Saginaw in round robin.

I don’t think anyone will claim Saginaw was the best team in the CHL this year. But tonight was finally their night. They played a heck of a game when they needed it the most.

Outstanding season for the Green and Gold. Another great team that will be fondly remembered for many years to come!

Last edited:

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Inexplicable how London was unable to get any shots tonight. Literally halfway through the game and they had ONE (1) shot on net.

In a championship game? That’s embarrassing. Totally inexcusable.

The Saginaw goalie was God-awful and if London could have managed just 20 or 25 shots, they likely win this one comfortably in the 6-3 or 7-3 range.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
One Selfish undisciplined play cost us the game tonight. How do you bring a player like that back? Doesn't learn from his mistakes and costs us. Cut ties with Mr Sim. Not worth an OA spot next season IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad