London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Any gotta a copy of the refs report?
I was at warmups that day but admittedly not paying close enough attention to see the Saginaw player cross centre and get bumped. ( did any1 else?)
Did see the linesman be very aggressive at times patrolling the centre line during warmup at times so it must have been after the " incident" IMO

Wrong is wrong, and maybe I'm a bit too old school, but if you slide across the centre line in warmies ( and ya got a rep for spitting on player and diving ) I got no issue with contact. Your asking for it IMO.
As far as what was said.........the rules are distruibuted to the teams and without seeing the report all the whinning is mute. ( regardless of what team officials say, refs comments carry more weight in a hear say incident and rightfully so......proof is different)
We had a kid suspended at a major AAA MM tournie 9 years ago for a one word comment. He made his bed, didn't mean it, just came out in frustration but was what it was)
I'll defend or least reserve judgement to video of warmies incident but any comment......kids are told the line not to cross. (and I know it's hard in a heat of the moment, tense situation.....I know I would fail lol)

Maybe Sim shoulda just responded to the alleged threat/comment in kind. ( u say you'll hurt me, na na na, I'll hurt you lol )
Not saying I agree words are worse than actions or vice versa but it's communicated to players every season that there are stiff penalties for certain comments.

Hopefully we can get more hockey talk than officials talk over the next week

Last edited:

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
So I hear Oshawa has some size n a bit of jam? A tender that can run hot but Subject to an off outting.
Maybe someone who has followed them closely in POs or better a Shwa fan could give us a report on what to look for and their keys to success?

LK ....striong special teams with multi options n movement on the PP, PK can be aggressive.
Solid tender with multi big game ecxerience
Top 4 D is solid in all areas but lacks a bit of depth Leonard injured and the rooks as good a future as they have are prone to mistakes in these type situations.
LK depth up front is no where near what it was with 2 Fs out for the first half of series forcing Brz n Nichol to 3rd line roles ( both have risen to the challenge IMO but if they play 4th line instead the depth is a difference in the positive)
Cowan, Barkey, Gaz n Halts gotta bring the O
Coaching/staff.......don't gotta mention the experience and knowledge....they all been thru n seen almost everything.
Last but not least, this team buys into systems n team identity ( inspite of odd games they dalter with it) and is close group like last year )
Buy into your roles, implement n execute the game plan and I feel they will give themselves a great chance this series.

If I recall correctly all replays/ reviews are handled by the NHL control room during the OHL finals. At least the pros get involved with the 4th round/ final series. Hope this helps.
Interesting. TY, always appreciate your posts.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Friends, is Sam Dickinson a sure fire #1D in the NHL?

LOVE Sam Dickinson’s game - - big frame, great skater, excellent defensively, moves the puck well, not shy about physical play and has a big shot from the point. His offence could be a bit better, but that’s pretty much everything you want in a top pairing defenceman.

Dickinson is light years superior to Zayne Parekh and it’s not even remotely close. I don’t see Parekh having any real
Impact at the NHL level. He’s physically soft and God-awful defensively. Very similar to Henry Mews from Ottawa. Both would be torched in the NHL.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Yes, Oshawa has good size throughout the line up. Their most physical player by far is Connor Punnett but unfortunately he may not see any action in this series due to

Injury. #25 Roobroeck is a massive forward but he’s inconsistent with his physical play and forecheck. That’s a big reason why he hasn’t been offered a pro contract by NYR yet. #73 Lockhart is undersized, but always throws hits and gets under the opponent’s skin. He also does quite a bit of embellishing and will often get called for unsportsmanlike penalties because of that.

On the blueline, #77 Danford is Oshawa’s most consistent defenseman and logs a ton of ice time. He’s obviously not at Sam Dickinson’s level but plays a very similar game. #7 Bedkowski has really stepped up his game in the playoffs. He’s not much offensively, but has been very reliable defensively. #19 Marrelli is their most offensive defenseman but he’s prone to bad giveaways and catastrophic defensive mistakes. #4 D’Amato isn’t as strong offensively as Marrelli, but he’s more dependable defensively. #72 Sandhu is a reasonably competent third pairing defenceman, but the coaching staff has the tendency to cut the rotation down to just four defensemen in tight games. #26 Rodriguez has been playing in place of Punnett, but the coaching staff has ZERO confidence in him and he rarely sees the ice after the 1st period.

Up front, the player to watch is #45 Beckett Sennecke. He was underutilized in the regular season, but he’s been Oshawa’s best player during the playoffs. Phenomenal skater and excellent stick handler, but most impressive is how strong he is on the puck. Also doesn’t shy away from physical play either. #21 Cal Ritchie is his good friend and they form a dynamic pairing. Ritchie is also strong on the puck and it’s been good to see him more aggressive on the forecheck now that his shoulder is fully recovered from off season surgery.

London fans should be very familiar with #89 Rolofs. #17 Torrance plays a similar game, but doesn’t have the offensive ability of Rolofs.

#96 Owen Griffin was Oshawa’s 1st round pick and he struggled horribly and for most of the season. He’s obviously undersized and was pushed around very easily in the first half of the season, but over the last month or so and throughout the playoffs he’s suddenly found his niche and has become a reliable forward. He’s a good skater but the offense has been invisible so far.

#40 Delisle is Oshawa’s best rookie. Tenacious forecheker, good skater and not afraid to drop the gloves. I really like Delisle’s game and wish the brain trust would use him more than they do when he’s buried on the 4th line. #28 Tyler Graham is similar to Delisle and has also been underutilized. For some reason, the brain trust seems to love #12 Franssen. Maybe because of his size? Because he hasn’t shown anything offensively and was quickly demoted from his brief promotion to 2nd line in Game 7 against North Bay after two defensive breakdowns.

#11 Matt Buckley is a wild card for this series due to injury. He’s got a lethal one-timer shot on the power play. If he can’t play, that’s really going to hurt Oshawa’s power play.

In net, Jake Oster has been spectacular for long stretches and when he’s on he can singlehandedly win a game. But he’s also has games where he’s been struggling with fighting the puck. He’s an extremely vocal leader which you rarely see in a goalie.

Reactions: Samee987 and rve24

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Friends, is Sam Dickinson a sure fire #1D in the NHL?
He's the best Defencmen at this age that I have since since Aaron Ekblad. But Ekblad to me is the GOAT when it come to OHL defenceman. When he was a rookie I put him in the top 5 in the league then.

Reactions: LDN and zman77

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Asst General Manager Rob Simpson confirmed that Sim called Hache a p***y. What more do you need?

Branch also confirmed and kerps jumping on the body check to Master Flopper during pregame warmups.

Is what it is. We cant change it. Best use our energy towards the upcoming series.

I do hope that evrry Saginaw pregame warmup in the Mem Cup, there is a group who will sing... Warm Kitty, Soft Kitty, Little Ball of Fur, Happy Kitty, Sleepy Kitty, Purr,Purr, Purr...
Petrovski in OS got suspended for saying"are you gay" after a player blew him a kiss in a scrum. 5 games for that. He didn't say anything like being gay was bad, just asked if he was

Reactions: dirty12

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Osh coach Laxdal repeated himself 6 times, sending his players a message, forget North Bay series. (We're looking forward to tomorrow night in London) X 6

Dale, just being Dale, don't give anything out then is necessary, "2 good teams, both have good players, should be a good series" that's basicaly it.

Nationally televised, more commercial brain washing, damn it, but will be far more interesting telecast to listen, that's for sure

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Petrovski in OS got suspended for saying"are you gay" after a player blew him a kiss in a scrum. 5 games for that. He didn't say anything like being gay was bad, just asked if he was
OHL are down to kindergarten school fights, this is what happens when you take the fighting out of the game, players are down to verbal abuse, man, how that must hurt. Sim got punished for telling on the truth

Reactions: zman77

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Didn't know that. Interesting info.

This is going to be a great series. Oshawa is big, fast, has a great goalie and can play any game presented to them.Can;t wait for Thursday....

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
LOVE Sam Dickinson’s game - - big frame, great skater, excellent defensively, moves the puck well, not shy about physical play and has a big shot from the point. His offence could be a bit better, but that’s pretty much everything you want in a top pairing defenceman.

Dickinson is light years superior to Zayne Parekh and it’s not even remotely close. I don’t see Parekh having any real
Impact at the NHL level. He’s physically soft and God-awful defensively. Very similar to Henry Mews from Ottawa. Both would be torched in the NHL.
I compare Parekh to Ryan Merkley. He should be a forward.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Ok. Championship Series starts tonight. Lets concentrate on winning the O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad