London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Reid was in Oshawa refering their finals as well, only one call to Osh Luke Torrence for tripping, they play tough and they are disciplined

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

Throw back to when I first had season tics. Game has changed a bit.
Seemed an odd rivalry with so few games between them in that time but Ill never forget the Old Gardens and these teams minor dislike of each other lol.
I doubt we see the the same intensity n shenanigans.

And before ya get on LK being the problem ( which they were definitely a part Oshawa also had an uglier incident with Barrie in 99 or 2000. Sticks a swinging lol)
Glad that's outta the game but what a difference lol.

Last edited:

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
I can't see Punnett playing on that leg. Could barely move after the game after playing one shift.

Not sure what happened to #45. He's our most dynamic forward. Didn't dress tonight.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021

Throw back to when I first got season tics. Game has changed a bit.
Seemed an odd rivalry with so few games between them in that time but Ill never forget the Old Gardens and these teams minor dislike of each other lol.

And before ya get on LK being the problem ( which they wrre definitely a part Oshawa also had an uglier incident with Barrie in 99 or 2000. Sticks a swinging lol. Glad that's outta the game but what a difference lol.

Wow. Blast from the past. Right after their 1999 championship push and last season of Tarry ownership. Barch, Chiarello, Kelly, Jancevski, Erskine. Lobb and Stathopoulos may have been rookies? Crazy era of junior hockey. Things are better now but those days were fun too.

Reactions: rve24

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I can't see Punnett playing on that leg. Could barely move after the game after playing one shift.

Not sure what happened to #45. He's our most dynamic forward. Didn't dress tonight.
Mild concussion for Sennecke. Should be back for game 1. Doctors just don't take chances anymore so they obviously rested him

Reactions: Whatanathol

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Throw back to when I first got season tics. Game has changed a bit.

And before ya get on LK being the problem ( which they wrre definitely a part Oshawa also had an uglier incident with Barrie in 99 or 2000. Sticks a swinging lol. Glad that's outta the game but what a difference lol.

Listen to the crowd, who said the fans don't like this, oh! I know who, he's going to retire in about three weeks

Reactions: EvenSteven

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Mild concussion for Sennecke. Should be back for game 1. Doctors just don't take chances anymore so they obviously rested him
Definitely a good sign seeing him out there for the celebration, seemed to be in good spirits. I think they’ll likely have punnett dress for every game and be on the bench. His presence alone is a calming influence on the young D and if he can play the odd shift that’s a bonus. Played one shift tonight and had a huge shot block.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
People who are guessing london in 4 or 5 are vastly underestimating the generals
could very well happen, but those people guessing that 'with little to no trouble because the east is weak' are choosing to ignore that the gens went 1-0-1 vs London, 1-0 vs Saginaw, and 1-0 vs SSM post deadline.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Are the excuses coming out already?

Yup ! They are

• Haha
Reactions: TuckerFan1

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
could very well happen, but those people guessing that 'with little to no trouble because the east is weak' are choosing to ignore that the gens went 1-0-1 vs London, 1-0 vs Saginaw, and 1-0 vs SSM post deadline.
What is it, does Oshawa feel entitled now, and want to by-pass the finals and go straight to the big M Cup tourney. Still have to drive through London to get there

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
What is it, does Oshawa feel entitled now, and want to by-pass the finals and go straight to the big M Cup tourney. Still have to drive through London to get there
One super fan probably does.
My statement was Oshawa, really the top half of the east was a lot stronger post deadline than some want to believe. Weak could be used to describe the west division post deadline.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
People who are guessing london in 4 or 5 are vastly underestimating the generals
Agreed. Saginaw is perhaps slightly more skilled individually, but Oshawa is a pro style team. Their systems and structure can absolutely suffocate you when they’re sharp. Oshawa also has the most player in the series imo, Beckett Sennecke. Oshawa has a lot of what I’d call ‘direct skill’. London’s top 6 is going to pose a great challenge for the young D in Oshawa, but they’ve shown the ability to defend at a high level for long stretches. Limiting PP opportunities is the key in this series imo.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Got no dog in the fight just what I believe from watching both teams. Would anyone really be surprised if London won in 5? I don’t think so
Both good teams, wouldn’t surprise me if either team won in 5. Oshawa this year was elite vs the west. Beat Saginaw both times, beat London, Erie, Kitchener and the Soo in their barns. O Ptbo also beat London in 6 after a ton of people saying similar things. Should be an amazing series either way.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
I don’t think a single gens fan thinks they’re entitled to a free pass to the Mem cup hahaha why would anyone? They just posted the gens record vs the top west teams post deadline. The gens were successful overall vs the west this year.

Reactions: rve24

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I don’t think a single gens fan thinks they’re entitled to a free pass to the Mem cup hahaha why would anyone? They just posted the gens record vs the top west teams post deadline. The gens were successful overall vs the west this year.
They did not play any team from the west to reach this finals, did they. The season you are speaking of, is long gone, they are in a new season where they have not met a team from the west yet. Enjoy the rest of these playoffs

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
After 2 series where LK faced little to adversity they got some in rd 3.
They played thru n won in 6. I gotta think they will be better for it moving forward as a team.
Perfect group......nope.
Entertaining......sure.

Not sure how I feel yet with some love, or at least tempered respect from opponents fans thou?????
Gotta keep the evil empire, LK is favoured, goon squad, Hunters own the league mantra n force strong lol.
You guys are the most respected/feared team in the league, by far. Every person who talks to me about OHL hockey, even those who don’t really follow it but are big hockey fans all think London is the cream of the crop in junior hockey, and they’re often correct. London is one of major reasons why the OHL is such a strong league, it raises the level of every other organization, and they have instant credibility among Americans who are considering the OHL. I’m an oshawa fan and I still really love London, but not for the next couple of weeks.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
One super fan probably does.
My statement was Oshawa, really the top half of the east was a lot stronger post deadline than some want to believe. Weak could be used to describe the west division post deadline.
London always seems to struggle vs the East for some reason. This year they won 9 in reg lost 5 (reg and OT) and took 6 in OT. 6 of the 9 regulation wins came against bottom 4 teams in Barrie, Kingston and Niagara. Hopefully they fare better in this year’s Championship

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
London always seems to struggle vs the East for some reason. This year they won 9 in reg lost 5 (reg and OT) and took 6 in OT. 6 of the 9 regulation wins came against bottom 4 teams in Barrie, Kingston and Niagara. Hopefully they fare better in this year’s Championship
London rarely misses out on the opportunity for 2 pts against the weaker teams. That is a big reason they finish 1st consisently

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad