London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
I just found it strange how it took three stripes 5 minutes to discuss if it was a penalty or not. He either said something or he didn't you can't sit there and discuss a bunch of maybes for 5 minutes. Was a very amateurish officiating group tonight from some experienced officials.
If it was a slur as suggested you've gotta make sure you get that one right, and the story straight. As soon as you consider the call supplemental discipline is on the table and conversations will be had. I hate all the reviews, and the length of them as much as anyone, but you absolutely can't afford to get that one wrong in today's age.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
As biased as some London fans are, All the Answers is a very biased London hater. Best not to engage.
I'm still wondering what Bonk got? If you'll see in the Saginaw thread I chastised Parekh for the punch to Bonk's face, a little rough (which was called) and being dumb enough to put a further target on his back which Lawrence obliged.

I am also there saying it was a good clean hit by Bonk, and that whole sequence was actually called perfectly.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Saginaw will dive their way to game 7. Don’t get me wrong the Knights sucked tonight. Whell May as well hit them as hard as you can next game to make the dive a bit easier! Soft ass baby shit!

Game 7 will be tense.

• Haha
Reactions: Living Vicariously

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Saginaw will dive their way to game 7. Don’t get me wrong the Knights sucked tonight. Whell May as well hit them as hard as you can next game to make the dive a bit easier! Soft ass baby shit!

Game 7 will be tense.
…Are you already writing them off for game 6 Sunday?

Reactions: TheCoach

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
For sure, they spent more time looking at the tablet tonight than anything else. Just very unsure of themselves on every call.

Or maybe the tablet just had a good internet connection and access to certain websites they enjoyed.
It's not the penalties reaching the tablets that is worrisome, it's the ones that didn't make it to the tablet. ex. 2 defenders pushing Cowan onto the goalie and Cowan gets the call against, the blindside hit on Haltennen from behind it never got another look, a two handed slash on Simpson never got a second look, all these are sure calls. Missed calls does happens, but if it is only to that one team in the game, it become difficult to control the frustrations, the refs simply got too involved and lost control of the game for not seeing two teams on the ice

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020

Geff

40yrs of season tix 23/24
Dec 11, 2007
The Bud Sec 106
Sim penalty posted. Game misconduct for unsportsmanlike conduct

IMG_0006.jpeg

dino200022

Soo got hosed on that big time. First time I actually saw the replay from SSM game (I never actively searched for it tbh). However this doesn't mean Lawrence was in the right and should go unpunished.
Oh he should be suspended 100 percent...minimum 2. But conspiracy will be talked about no doubt because of who is dishing out suspensions, and the league deserves it unfortunately for putting them in that kind of situation.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Saginaw the better team tonight. Better team for 3/5 games in all honesty.
Lawrence is done. He was awful tonight. Julien was bad. Barely any faceoffs won by the Knights.
Poor officiating yes but I doubt it’s ever the reason for losing. A lot of fans coming in here enjoying London’s loss would be the first ones crying if their team was in London’s boots tonight.
Simpson with great saves but a terrible first goal given up.
Cowan looked good.
Isaiah is always steady.
I am a realist, maybe a slight optimist but Saginaw has been the better club and I don’t like London’s chances. You have to think Sim is suspended too if what he said was bad enough for a game misconduct. Kaeden Johnston, come on down!

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I'm still wondering what Bonk got? If you'll see in the Saginaw thread I chastised Parekh for the punch to Bonk's face, a little rough (which was called) and being dumb enough to put a further target on his back which Lawrence obliged.

I am also there saying it was a good clean hit by Bonk, and that whole sequence was actually called perfectly.
Fair enough. My apologies. Still think you’re grinning ear to ear and that’s fine. Just have an issue with laughing at London homers for their views when you come to the discussions clearly hating London. Not really fair but whatever. Perhaps I’m misinterpreting.

Reactions: Otto and rve24

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Quebec league doesn't have any American teams yet they still have Americans. Hmmm. Mightve also played during the pandemic if it wasn't for the American teams. Can't convince me that American teams benefit canada
FWIW you could watch OHL Hockey only in America for a time during the pandemic… Silly point to make after being mad London played undisciplined hockey tonight.

Glad we got a series, it's keeping it interesting. Hope things calm down a bit, the best team wins, and all the players go on to the next round healthy.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016

Agreed on this. Bonk hit on Sapovaliv was clean. Parekh was coming to Sapovaliv's defense, and as its frequently assessed gets a minor as the third man in after a big hit. The Lawrence cross check was blatant, obvious, and a direct target towards Parekh's head. Won't be back in this series, if at all these playoffs. It looks worse in real time and slow mo than the Guo slash… and I thought 5 wasn't enough for that one.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
No excuses. Bad officiating but have to fight through it. The stupidity tone was set by Sim during pregame warmups and continued through into the game where his stupidity started rubbing off on his teammates. That penalty at the end of the 1st period was just sheer undisciplined stupidity by Sim. Feel the refs are one-sided? Then don't give them any excuse to call something on you. Stay disciplined and play your game and you'll be fine.

Reactions: purple pharrt

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
FWIW you could watch OHL Hockey only in America for a time during the pandemic… Silly point to make after being mad London played undisciplined hockey tonight.

Glad we got a series, it's keeping it interesting. Hope things calm down a bit, the best team wins, and all the players go on to the next round healthy.
Very sensible post. I hope there are no injuries as a result of tonight’s shenanigans, specifically the Lawrence cross check. Always want the best talent out there for the league.

As far as the American teams, it was a silly post. Saginaw is a good market and they do a tremendous job serving the out of town customers. They have an excellent hockey club and are deserving of their success. Anything else is sour grapes.

Hoping for a London series win but it’s not a big deal. There are four good teams left that have to deal with circumstances (injuries, suspensions, officiating). But that’s sports. Happens all the time. People need to stop whining so much lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad