London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Denny never played in the NHL and was not a goalie. He was a long time player for the Saginaw Gears of the IHL, then went on to become a minor league coach and the first coach for the Spirit. A wonderful and funny guy to know but he was one tough --- as a player.

Reactions: dirty12

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Surprise there's no call on Bloom on Bonk. That's head contact and its clear as day.

Either way, London needs to start generating chances.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
I've said it all season MM39 is NOT a 1st liner. Chemistry with Cowan is non-existent. At best he should be on the the 3rd line.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The needed to hit this tired team quite a bit more in the second, Saginaw got some momentum and scored a couple lucky goals and here we are. Discipline in third period and open up the offense, I am convince the Spirit will fold, Knights can still win this game, but won't if they sit back waiting their chances, they have to go for it and push them to their limits, got nothing lose when already behind by two.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Denny never played in the NHL and was not a goalie. He was a long time player for the Saginaw Gears of the IHL, then went on to become a minor league coach and the first coach for the Spirit. A wonderful and funny guy to know but he was one tough --- as a player.
I think I may be confusing him with Gerry Desjardins, they look so much alike, do you know in what years Danny played for the Gears, now that I watching him talk, he seems familiar to me

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
We'll see if Hunter's strategy pays off next game. Down 5-2, and at the 11:00 mark, he concedes victory: Willmore comes in, top players benched or rested and the Boultons are rotating through the lines. Obviously, he's ruling out a comeback. Hacking and whacking the game plan.
Regroup... on to game 4.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
We'll see if Hunter's strategy pays off next game. Down 5-2, and at the 11:00 mark, he concedes victory: Willmore comes in, top players benched or rested and the Boultons are rotating through the lines. Obviously, he's ruling out a comeback. Hacking and whacking the game plan.
Regroup... on to game 4.
I'm not sure if I've ever seen Dale give up with that much time on the clock before. And when you leave Boulton out for the last 10 seconds of a power play you know what's up. Lol

Reactions: LDN

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I could do without the dumb stuff Dale has players do when the game is out of reach but it’s mind games. Dale knows what he’s doing. Saginaw earned and deserved the 6-2 win. Think it’ll be tied after Wednesday. Long series. Boultons can be effective if focusing on hockey.
Think Cowan has changed his game from tireless worker who was hungry for the puck to a disturber who thinks his skill will prevail. Don’t see much more than third line wing at the NHL level.

Reactions: Slowpace

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Saginaw tonight was just better in every way tonight. It happens. But, the one thing I've noticed the last little while is London not being able to bury 2 on 1's. During regular season those were a lock.

I could do without the dumb stuff Dale has players do when the game is out of reach but it’s mind games. Dale knows what he’s doing. Saginaw earned and deserved the 6-2 win. Think it’ll be tied after Wednesday. Long series. Boultons can be effective if focusing on hockey.
Think Cowan has changed his game from tireless worker who was hungry for the puck to a disturber who thinks his skill will prevail. Don’t see much more than third line wing at the NHL level.
I've seen that with Cowan for a while. Holds the puck far too long without dishing it off. I've seen Saginaw throw two guys at him knowing he will hold it to long.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I guess the early defensive shell game does not work in Saginaw, they are going to have bigger leads. 6-2 loss to Saginaw

They do miss the big guy the league unfairly suspended in the pervious round. we will see him in this series

• Haha
Reactions: All the Answers

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I think Dale sent a big message to the top line…. “You had a chance, did not convert. Rest up because you are going to put everything in to the next game and if you don’t convert your sitting and watching the Boultons play till the year ends.

Also, the Boultons Halttunen and Van Gorp made Saginaw work till the last shift…. Parekh will be sore tomorrow.

Is Dionicio actually a frail teacup…. That guy is 10 ply

Reactions: rve24

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Saginaw tonight was just better in every way tonight. It happens. But, the one thing I've noticed the last little while is London not being able to bury 2 on 1's. During regular season those were a lock.

I've seen that with Cowan for a while. Holds the puck far too long without dishing it off. I've seen Saginaw throw two guys at him knowing he will hold it to long.
Yeah, it was more impressive and fun watching Cowan pickpocket 19 year olds as a 17 year old than his point streak this year. He changed his game. Not sure why.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think Dale sent a big message to the top line…. “You had a chance, did not convert. Rest up because you are going to put everything in to the next game and if you don’t convert your sitting and watching the Boultons play till the year ends.

Also, the Boultons Halttunen and Van Gorp made Saginaw work till the last shift…. Parekh will be sore tomorrow.

Is Dionicio actually a frail teacup…. That guy is 10 ply
Boultons should have run them a bit harder. Come on f*** them up a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad