London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
Chance to all but put this away tonight.
4/5 is tough enough vs this London squad.
Simpson has been solid and showing the early season investment is well worth come this time of year.
Team D, which was the perceived strength from September has played out ( Saginaw getting not much on odd man rushes or in tight and when they have Simpson has shut the door) LK packs in tight to protect the house then stretches it out.
PK....solid. PP....timely couple goals....
Stick to the same game plan til Saginaw finds a way to get past it.
Curious to when Dionicio costs them tonight. I get HoSang vibes in that the player is very talented but will cost the team often, either trying to do too much or playing outside the team system.
Both teams have kept the GAs down obviously.
Saginaw needs to push hard here tonight. Weather the storm tonight when they do n go to work.
Donicio reminds me of Ryan Merkley lots of skill and talent but to me he has a major attitude problem and when things don't go his way he acts out and can cause his team the game

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Donicio reminds me of Ryan Merkley lots of skill and talent but to me he has a major attitude problem and when things don't go his way he acts out and can cause his team the game
If Donicio gets so much of our attention, it must mean we wouldn't mind having him on our team. Let Saginaw fans deal with him

I’d say let’s respect Edward’s privacy and wish him and his loved ones all the best.
Well said Ferguson Jenkins

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Saginaw will come out flying in the first period, they want to get to Simpson quick and hard, but they will also tire themselves out.

I am expecting a high scoring game tonight, it's going to take 4 or 5 goals to win this game. If the Knights can weather the first period high tempo storm of the Spirits. Saginaw will have to slow down the rest of the game, they won't be able to hold that tempo up, the Knights will hit them hard in the second and third. IMHO

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Not only is O'Reilly better than Cowan was last season at this time before his drafting, O'Reilly is better all around defensively this year, and we all know what NHL scouts are looking for, how playing the 200' foot game is important at the pro level, Sam has that right now as a 17yr old.
I agree with part. Yes I think same was better this season then Cowan was last year. But, Cowan was an absolute beast in the playoffs. His 200 foot game was amazing. Scouts also look for kids that step up in the playoffs and Cowans playoffs last year blow away O'Reilly. I'm not saying Sam is playing bad, just not at the level Cowan was last year. That was the reason he jumped up so high in the draft.

Reactions: Fastpace

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
If Donicio gets so much of our attention, it must mean we wouldn't mind having him on our team. Let Saginaw fans deal with him
100% incorrect for me.
Nope, doesn't mean I wouldn't mind him on the Knights at all. Kinda the opposite. Actually, totally the opposite Fastpace.

Saginaw fans can deal with whatever they choose ( seemingly good group of posters) and so can Knights fans.

(Response to another post) I'll also give Merkley credit, his year in London I didn't see the same player/personality as in other OHL stops. Don't recall any issues, but may have missed it.

Chances are extremely advantageous for the Knights to win this series, yes, but, do we remember 2019 series against Guelph, when the Knights led 3-0 in the series and losing 4 straight games to them. Series not won yet by a long shot.

I've had seasons tics since 99. I remember alot, but TY.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I agree with part. Yes I think same was better this season then Cowan was last year. But, Cowan was an absolute beast in the playoffs. His 200 foot game was amazing. Scouts also look for kids that step up in the playoffs and Cowans playoffs last year blow away O'Reilly. I'm not saying Sam is playing bad, just not at the level Cowan was last year. That was the reason he jumped up so high in the draft.
I supose I wasn't including playoffs in my comparison between the two since this spring after season is not completed yet. Cowan sure came out this season on a mission, it was a pleasure watching him all season, he is an offensive best thats for sure.

Agent 53

Sep 4, 2021
Saginaw play by play guy is pretty good. Colour guy seems like it's just some random fan picked out of the stands.
And sounds like he’s half in the bag, such a homer.

The old Saginaw play by play guy and gramps were insufferable, glad Saginaw got someone who can actually call a game and not just be a fan boy.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Saginaw play by play guy is pretty good. Colour guy seems like it's just some random fan picked out of the stands.
That's Denys Desrosiers you are talking about, a former NHL Chicago and Detroit goaltender, judging by its cover, I see

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I'll take that 1st period result any day in these circumstances.
Gotta gy the 4th line a shift or 2.
I'd lean on the w offensive D n see if ya get a reaction. Nothing dirty but also take time/space away and maybe an occasional after whistle bump lol.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
And they got out and survived lol.
A nice hit by the rookie on my fav Saginaw player lol buy the icing cost a time out.
I actually said take a 2min off the draw or call timeout lol.
All good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,010.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis