London Knights 2023-2024 Offseason Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think Mark is likely targeting one of Mews, Pinelli, Andonovski, Leenders, George (if OS wants to move him which is unlikely), Barlow, Romani, Wakely, Ellinas

Well I hope at least. Would be nice to go make the big move prior to the season. Also, I don’t think our cupboard has enough for a 1st rounder that’s not committed yet, but are there any out there to keep an eye on?

We still have some unsigned draft picks so that’s cool.

Nurmi-Cowan-Halttunnen
Nicholl-O’Reilly-Barkey
Van Gorp-Sim-Van Bommel
Johnston-Hawery-Arrowsmith

Bidgood, Mews, and I know I’m forgetting some players will get cycled in

Dickinson-Bonk
Woolley-Leonard
Fagen-Brzustewicz

6th D will cycle between Fagen, Spencer, Jenken and Mitchell

Willmore
Medvedev
Wilson

Backups will cycle

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
That’s more than a 7th
You move up 3 years on the 2nd rd pick which is more valuable.
Maybe someone can check or knows that value but I'd guess it is around a 4th to move up 3 years. So it isn't much more than the 7th which is fine for a 7/8/9 D that is a local kid who has a bit of experience.

Last edited:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
The context of the comment was big trades. Players age has nothing to do with it. We paid alit to get McMichael and it helped out both clubs significantly.

the spirit of the comment was deals for older players

I think Mark is likely targeting one of Mews, Pinelli, Andonovski, Leenders, George (if OS wants to move him which is unlikely), Barlow, Romani, Wakely, Ellinas

Well I hope at least. Would be nice to go make the big move prior to the season. Also, I don’t think our cupboard has enough for a 1st rounder that’s not committed yet, but are there any out there to keep an eye on?

Nurmi-Cowan-Halttunnen
Nicholl-O’Reilly-Barkey
Van Gorp-Sim-Van Bommel

Dickinson-Bonk
Woolley-Leonard
Fagen-Brzustewicz

Willmore
Medvedev
Wilson

Backups will cycle
i think your hoping and not looking at past history.

Reactions: LDN

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013

Nurmi-Cowan-Halttunnen
Nicholl-O’Reilly-Barkey
Van Gorp-Sim-Van Bommel

Dickinson-Bonk
Woolley-Leonard
Fagen-Brzustewicz

Willmore
Medvedev
Wilson

Backups will cycle
I think Romani, Barlow, Andonovski and Pinelli will likely be traded for a 2008 born player and draft picks. I doubt London is willing to part with their 1st round pick. If it is draft pick only like Rehkopf it would take multiple 2nds, 3rds and other picks to make the trade which would take almost every 2nd, 3rd the Knight have. Mews and Leeders (if he is traded) will likely go earlier in the season. I am not sure what the asking price will be for each. I could see them trading for Wakely. The price will likely be a younger player and a draft pick or two or if draft picks only, multiple picks. I doubt Ellinas will be traded.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Jacob Julien is coming back as an OA guys, unless he signs his ELC between now and September, he will remain unsigned and still remains property of the Winnipeg Jets until June 1st 2025.

Reason is you have 2 years to sign a player and Julien was drafted in 2023 and in his draft + 1 year. This also means he can’t play pro in the AHL or ECHL and also no other team can sign him because he is still Jets property.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Jacob Julien is coming back as an OA guys, unless he signs his ELC between now and September, he will remain unsigned and still remains property of the Winnipeg Jets until June 1st 2025.

Reason is you have 2 years to sign a player and Julien was drafted in 2023 and in his draft + 1 year. This also means he can’t play pro in the AHL or ECHL and also no other team can sign him because he is still Jets property.
We might not need a forward then!

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
Maybe someone can check or knows that value but I'd guess it is around a 4th to move up 3 years. So it isn't much more than the 7th which is fine for a 7/8/9 D that is a local kid who has a bit of experience.
To each is their own. Not worth a pissing match over it

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Say we somehow get Wakely, then who would our 3rd OA be? Willmore?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

At draft time the cost of a 2nd is generally future 2nd & 3rd. Maybe the valuation is because the 4th returned is this year and the LDN 2nd given up will likely be towards the end of the round.

Reactions: rve24

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think Romani, Barlow, Andonovski and Pinelli will likely be traded for a 2008 born player and draft picks. I doubt London is willing to part with their 1st round pick. If it is draft pick only like Rehkopf it would take multiple 2nds, 3rds and other picks to make the trade which would take almost every 2nd, 3rd the Knight have. Mews and Leeders (if he is traded) will likely go earlier in the season. I am not sure what the asking price will be for each. I could see them trading for Wakely. The price will likely be a younger player and a draft pick or two or if draft picks only, multiple picks. I doubt Ellinas will be traded.

What 4 of 17 teams part with their 1st pick plus pick((s)) in January? I don’t see it.

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
Would be nice to acquire Sam McCue!
I wouldn't expect them to bring in any players any time soon. There is already a log jam at both forward and defense, add to that the top players from last year that are returning will eat up most of the ice time. If Cowan, Halttunen, Nurmi, etc aren't here after the world juniors, then maybe. Otherwise those players will be this years additions.

Reactions: crowncarrier

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I wouldn't expect them to bring in any players any time soon. There is already a log jam at both forward and defense, add to that the top players from last year that are returning will eat up most of the ice time. If Cowan, Halttunen, Nurmi, etc aren't here after the world juniors, then maybe. Otherwise those players will be this years additions.
Logjam at forward? I’m struggling to see. Probably 4 bottom 6 jobs up for grabs

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
Logjam at forward? I’m struggling to see. Probably 4 bottom 6 jobs up for grabs

Capture.PNG

Realistically 2 or 3 of these guys wont be here but that is 17 forwards competing for 12 spots.

Reactions: crowncarrier

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
Is gleb coming over? Haven't heard anything on him
EliteProspects shows him on the roster, could be wrong but I'm assuming if one of Halttunen or Nurmi stay in the AHL then Gleb gets signed, if both get sent back then Gleb probably gets traded.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Is gleb coming over? Haven't heard anything on him
I doubt it until the Knights have word on if Kasper Halttunen comes back or even if Ruslan Gazizov was available to be returned.

Gleb Semenov is more useful if he were to come over next year. He’d see lots of ice

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
EliteProspects shows him on the roster, could be wrong but I'm assuming if one of Halttunen or Nurmi stay in the AHL then Gleb gets signed, if both get sent back then Gleb probably gets traded.
Thought there was a rule that said you can't move first year imports right away? Would have to wait until sometime in Dec to move him. If all three are sent back, Halttunen would be the one that could be legally moved. Unless they did like Kolyachanuck the one year. Release someone and do a side deal later.

edit: Gleb isn't offically signed. Which is weird because usually EP holds off on listing players for teams unless they are for sure signed.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Thought there was a rule that said you can't move first year imports right away? Would have to wait until sometime in Dec to move him. If all three are sent back, Halttunen would be the one that could be legally moved. Unless they did like Kolyachanuck the one year. Release someone and do a side deal later.

edit: Gleb isn't offically signed. Which is weird because usually EP holds off on listing players for teams unless they are for sure signed.
ya, gleb would need to be waived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad