London Knights 2023-2024 Offseason Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
What’s the word on Cover, Monks and Halloran are they planning to come play B or are they looking into other options?

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
What’s the word on Cover, Monks and Halloran are they planning to come play B or are they looking into other options?
If monks shows up he likely makes the team. It was mentioned previously that he was a last minute cut form the u17 USA program. The rest of them will likely start in Jr. B unless they have an incredible camp. We could even see alot of 16 & 17 y.o. players stick around until the older guys start to trickle back from NHL camps.

Reactions: sbpointer and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If monks shows up he likely makes the team. It was mentioned previously that he was a last minute cut form the u17 USA program. The rest of them will likely start in Jr. B unless they have an incredible camp. We could even see alot of 16 & 17 y.o. players stick around until the older guys start to trickle back from NHL camps.
Is Monks a 1st/2nd round talent?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
cover is at st Andrews, usually means school

Reactions: LDN

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Not sure about this "big D coming"

Upon a Quick Look at the league, there aren't a lot of must haves that teams would actually dispose of. In the east, Quinton Burns (Kingston) would be of interest but don't think Kingston would move him and wouldn't be cheap. One player I've heard isn't happy is Mania in Sudbury so he could be of interest if a change of address is needed.

Monks didn't play very well at spring camp. I don't think he was close to making US Camp based off of his spring camp. He needs a year of jr B if they can make that work.

As for OAs, I think it comes down to Willmore, Sim, Julien, and Leonard.

George and Edward are gone, and it appears Gazizov is as well.

Based on the youth in net, Willmore will start the year as an OA. Sim as well for his intangibles. Big question will be on whether Julien is retuned or not. I think coming back would be the right thing for his development but we will see what Winnipeg thinks. Leonard is the eventual odd OA out imo and that's tough to say because of his heart and soul play. Moving Willmore before the 3 OA deadline might allow him to stick though. A lot depends on the goaltending and if a move will need to be made. .

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Who could it be? McCoy, DeAngelis, Mews, Ride,?

Andonovski would be my wish. Then we can use an OA spot on Julien, Willmore or Leaonard. I think Sim is a lock!

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Andonovski is interesting if Mark can pull off another East Avenue heist :naughty:
I'm not sure London has/wants to part with the futures MM is probably looking for Ando but he is sure a nice to have with Edward graduating..

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Andonovski is interesting if Mark can pull off another East Avenue heist :naughty:
I'm not sure London has/wants to part with the futures MM is probably looking for Ando but he is sure a nice to have with Edward graduating..
big game hunting is not marks forte

Reactions: sbpointer

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Oh I agree hense the East Avenue Heist comment.
He won't pass if the deal is right and I'm sure that due diligence calls at least would happen in this situation.
To your point he is very unlikely to end up here. I'm sure an east team will blow their load for him..

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Not sure about this "big D coming"

Upon a Quick Look at the league, there aren't a lot of must haves that teams would actually dispose of. In the east, Quinton Burns (Kingston) would be of interest but don't think Kingston would move him and wouldn't be cheap. One player I've heard isn't happy is Mania in Sudbury so he could be of interest if a change of address is needed.
apparently it’s not burns. And I believe mania already was traded to flint if my memory stands

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Huh.....these are just off the top of my head. And I know I'm missing a bunch. Mark pulls the trigger when needed and we paid alot for Dickinson and Brzustewicz and those are recent.

Tavares
Mete
Schremp
Girardi
Stevens
Dennis
Domi
Del Zotto
Kadri
McMichael
Winterton
Diaco
Dickinson
Brzustewicz

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Huh.....these are just off the top of my head. And I know I'm missing a bunch. Mark pulls the trigger when needed and we paid alot for Dickinson and Brzustewicz and those are recent.

Tavares
Mete
Schremp
Girardi
Stevens
Dennis
Domi
Del Zotto
Kadri
McMichael
Winterton
Diaco
Dickinson
Brzustewicz
How many of those were cooked deals tho lol. Quite a few. Some of those big ones were decade + ago too.

It isn't an insult Mark has clearly just gone the system over star player route lately. Doesn't go for the "big dog" but goes for the 2nd & 3rd tier guy & it tends to work out & they keep those extra assets others spend which leads to always being good.

Reactions: All the Answers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad