London Knights 2023-2024 Offseason Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
add a 2nd pick to Leonard and you might have the equivalent of McCoy
For sure and I get it being an upgrade, but is it necessary (I suppose McCoy could play as #1D during the first few weeks of Dickinson and Bonk being away and during the WJC)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
For sure and I get it being an upgrade, but is it necessary (I suppose McCoy could play as #1D during the first few weeks of Dickinson and Bonk being away and during the WJC)
McCoy would be a luxury OA London really does not need imo, but ...

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I wonder how the OA situation will shake out?

I wonder how the import situation will work out

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Can't say. I would if I could but I've been sworn to secrecy.
All will be revealed very soon my friend.
Looking forward to it. Hopefully Tuesday ?

I think one more high end fwd, a proven goalie and a top 4 D would put us back in connection regardless of who comes back… would
Be nice to get one of these for “free” eg a signing

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Can we just sign him as a non import?
I just don't think he (Alexander Karmanov) has the talent to play in OHL, beside being a huge player. He's also committed to Penn State, maybe they can work with him there, had he been good enough, some CHL team would have picked him in the Import Draft. IMHO. Cheers !

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Does anyone think the Knights are in on Frasca of Kingston?

Left Wing Lock

Nov 23, 2021
Looking for a little history lesson. What injury did Rick Corriveau sustain in the 1988-89 season that cost him most of that year? If he had been healthy, would the Knights have gotten by Niagara Falls or were there other contributing factors in that series? Thanks.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Looking for a little history lesson. What injury did Rick Corriveau sustain in the 1988-89 season that cost him most of that year? If he had been healthy, would the Knights have gotten by Niagara Falls or were there other contributing factors in that series? Thanks.
I believe that he was kneed in a game vs the Rangers. By Mark Montanari maybe? Then afterwards, after a war words through the media leading up to their next game, one of the Knights, might have been former Ranger Craig Booker, kneed Darren Rumble and put him out long term.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
It was a torn ACL. They lost to Niagara Falls in game 7. It is hard to say if Rick Corriveau would have made a difference because they added Steve Boyd and John Battice after the injury. Boyd was one of the Knights best defenceman and was probably better defensively than Corriveau was. Had the injury not happened they may have not traded for him. I think the biggest issue London had in that series was dealing with the Thunder’s dirty play. They tried the same thing with the Petes in the league final but Peterborough was able to handle it.

Last edited:

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Julien would be amazing if we got him back!
Sim is such a playoff guy (kinda like McCue was)
Leonard deserves a shot. The injuries really cut short his playoff run and that sucks. Willmore has only been solid as a backup. Tough decisions
Pass on Julien. After his hat trick in Kitchener in the playoffs he absolutely disappeared. Was abysmal on the draw, didn’t put up much for points and was shying away from any physical contact. I wondered if he was injured but if you watched him during the memorial cup, he was one of the most frustrating players. Let him move on given the other options Knights have.

Personally this is what I’d like to see (* denotes OA) - and of a “big D” is coming from the east then slot him in on the 2nd pairing
Before Xmas, trade for a forward or two.
Barkey, Cowan, Sim*
Nurmi, O’Rielly, Halttunen
Arrowsmith, Van Gorp, Nicholl
R.Boulton, Gerber, Johnston

Dickinson, Bonk
Leonard, Wooley
Brzustewicz, Jenkin
Mitchell / Fagan

Willmore*
Medvedev

Last edited:

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Pass on Julien. After his hat trick in Kitchener in the playoffs he absolutely disappeared. Was abysmal on the draw, didn’t put up much for points and was shying away from any physical contact. I wondered if he was injured but if you watched him during the memorial cup, he was one of the most frustrating players. Let him move on given the other options Knights have.

Personally this is what I’d like to see (* denotes OA) - and of a “big D” is coming from the east then slot him in on the 2nd pairing
Before Xmas, trade for a forward or two.
Barkey, Cowan, Sim*
Nurmi, O’Rielly, Halttunen
Arrowsmith, Van Gorp, Nicholl
R.Boulton, Gerber, Johnston

Dickinson, Bonk
Leonard, Wooley
Brzustewicz, Jenkin
Mitchell / Fagan

Willmore*
Medvedev
I agree with Julien, he still is very inconsistent but until he signs his ELC with Winnipeg he has to come back to London because he is still their property until June 1st 2025 cuz he was drafted in his draft plus one year.

I just wish he would have Sim’s intensity and work ethic but he also primarily played with Barkey and Gazizov last year who are both hard workers so he didn’t have to do the dirty work all the time and got away with it.

It will be interesting who draws the short straw as on OA.

I have my prediction that Alec Leonard gets sent back home to the GTA or Toronto to play in Brampton. The Steelheads need 2 more OA’s, and Leonard could help them contend in the East.

I am just going off the Connor Federkow route of how OA’s are treated as it’s their last year.

That leaves Landon Sim to be this years Max McCue, and keeps the 2 London OA’s home for their final year of junior.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knights77 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
What’s the word on free agents or any unsigned drafted players ? Anyone we are in on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium