London Knights 2023-2024 Offseason Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Anyone who watched Hawery, what’s his ceiling like/what is he likely to become for us?

Frank the Skank

Jan 11, 2019
104 Row D 15
Guys it not out of the realm that the Knights could acquire his rights. Y’all need to calm down.

There are plenty of times where teams have at least acquired the rights to an OA that is in the pros.

Just last year Saginaw acquired Luca Del Bel Belluz. Now, did he report, no he did not… but we can still acquire someone’s rights in hopes that they report.

Does anyone remember London acquiring the rights to Dante Salituro (who was on his NHL ELC) in his OA year and came back, acquired the rights to Sonny Milano, Jack Roslovic etc.

Heck Josh Bloom came back last year as an OA. You never know, but is it likely? No, but it’s definitely not Fantasyland.

I can stand my ground in my knowledge in the Knights.
Knights legend Joey Hishon

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Wonder what Cali is doing? No schools in us has announced anything, must be soo or...?
take a breath, you just spent 3 months saying he wasnt coming.

Anyone who watched Hawery, what’s his ceiling like/what is he likely to become for us?
its interesting. hes small but thick, good compete and skill. hes not like evangelista, more like barkey with a bit more jam and a bit less skill. great second line guy on a great team, decent top line guy on a good team.

a year ago he was rated the top guy in the draft, he did not look like he got better this year. mattaes stark was the same way, same build, and he is struggling now to find a role. dont see that with hawrey but its an interesting parallel.

very interesting to see how it all works out, i think there are alot of loud noises around him that can be distracting if you get my drift, going to london may be the best thing for him, shut out all that outside noise, play hard and get success.

Reactions: LDN

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
For those of you wondering about about Hawary, here is one of their games this season. I have noted a few key moments so you don't have to watch the whole video. Overall he is a very smooth player that seems to position himself very well. hopefully he can be this comfortable at the next level!

1:17 - give and go that fails to connect
2:58 - enters the zone and sets up an opportunity
4:12 - recovers a defensive rebound and creates an opportunity the other way
4:58 - sets up a nice re direct goal
5:15 - good give and go opportunity

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
the guy he quoted, jordan malette, had the 1st overall pick as a second round draft pick this year.

why would anyone consider him reliable, hes just a kid on a laptop in ottawa.
You said what I thought when I first questioned the Knights anti fan first post with twit, I mean tweet, I mean X.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
On another note: Jesse Nurmi is on fire! 5pts in 3 games at the Summer Showcase! Guy is a stud and can’t wait until he puts on the Knights jersey

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
My speculation is that the D man could be Andonovski from KIT, Gibson from SSM, Mews from OTT

As per usual I could be quite wrong

I wonder if we could get Sam McCue from OS

Reactions: Fastpace

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
If we are going to use up an OA spot on a tendy, I think Wilmore has earned the right to show us what he has. He has obviously proved he can win hockey games, especially in the playoffs so would rather keep the cupboard full instead of trading for a giant maybe and tying up a bunch of conditional picks like frontsfan is saying.

I fully expect Bonk and Dickinson to be back. George is as good as gone. Cowan, Julien Halts and Nurmi are the what ifs. If the 3 forwards come back do you stick with Sim as an OA or move him, he is just such a glue/playoff guy I think he stays?? Leonard on the back end has to be in the OA mix and is probably the one i would guarantee is on the roster.

Potential OA's
George - Not a chance he is back
Julien - I think it is AHL or bust for him. We have to remember he only has a year and a half of OHL exerience, one more might not hurt him at all if he is not in a top 9 AHL roll.
Sim - Would love to have him back if there is room as stated above. A lot will depend on if Julien is back. Only be back because he missed a season and a half due to injuries.
Leonard - Pretty much your typical OA guy as stated above
Wilmore - Not opposed to having him start the year to show what he has. Not a huge fan of using an OA slot on a goalie unless he is a difference maker ala Houser/Brochu/Simspson
S. Boulton - No thanks.
Edward - This is where it gets dicey, if he comes back big decisions have to be made. Physically he is next level ready, but mentally he is far from it. Love his tenacity and his defensive ability, I do not love his decision making with the puck, or his stupid after the whistle penalties...although I am sure Barkey and Cowan would say otherwise...
Boulton is in AHL

Reactions: sbpointer and LDN

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Winnipeg has another year to sign Julien. That could factor into their decision making in addition to the previous points.

Leonard is an ideal keep.

Like Sim but the Memorial Cup was the last straw. Team needs to evaluate their discipline issues.

I also like Willmore but don’t see the room.

I told yall what a waste and see who Sarnia got to report ..... Beckham Edwards....

The knights scouting and drafting is becoming an Achilles heel
Maybe Sarnia paid him. Just like the Otters, IceDogs, and Spitfires have been known to do. Allegedly London aswell, although that’s never been documented or proven.

• Haha
Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Above his head like all other ceilings, a hockey player hopefully ;)
Don't expect a whole lot out of him his first year, his playing reminds me of Evangelista at that age, with a good vision from what I could tell. It's too early to tell, didn't see enough of him yet, but he seems to be more of a playmaker than a shooter. Cheers !

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Winnipeg has another year to sign Julien. That could factor into their decision making in addition to the previous points.

Like Sim but the Memorial Cup was the last straw. Team needs to evaluate their discipline issues.

Maybe Sarnia paid him. Just like the Otters, IceDogs, and Spitfires have been known to do. Allegedly London aswell, although that’s never been documented or proven.
Julien would be amazing if we got him back!
Sim is such a playoff guy (kinda like McCue was)
Leonard deserves a shot. The injuries really cut short his playoff run and that sucks. Willmore has only been solid as a backup. Tough decisions

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Expecting Winnipeg to sign Julien after this year rookie camp

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
My speculation is that the D man could be Andonovski from KIT, Gibson from SSM, Mews from OTT

As per usual I could be quite wrong
Andonovski would be a great addition but further complicates the OA situation ( not that that has stopped them before )
I mean historically London has had pretty good luck trading with Kitchener so we could hope :naughty::sarcasm:

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Andonovski would be a great addition but further complicates the OA situation ( not that that has stopped them before )
I mean historically London has had pretty good luck trading with Kitchener so we could hope :naughty::sarcasm:
Andonovski is not an OA, he is an 05? Who leaked that a “Big Defenseman is coming?”

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Andonovski is not an OA, he is an 05? Who leaked that a “Big Defenseman is coming?”
Don’t know if this is a rhetorical question. knights watcher did.

Little confused though by it as I thought you guys already have great defence.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Big D Man coming.
Hmmmm where is this coming from Knight Watcher? You’re not one to normally break news…

I have my suspicions if you are serious though. I believe he would be coming from the Eastern Conference though.

Last edited:
  • Wow

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
As far as I know, Hawery didn’t seriously entertain anything else after being selected by London. Believe it was London or bust for him after being upset his stock from last year didn’t stay the same.

While I feel his lack of progress can loosely be tied to Barrie stacking the roster before the season, so Hawery was no longer the focal point of the team - at the end of the day he didn’t show much different from the player he was in 23/23, which can be a red flag.

Reactions: LDN and tjziel

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Hmmmm where is this coming from Knight Watcher? You’re not one to normally break news…

I have my suspicions if you are serious though. I believe he would be coming from the Eastern Conference though.
Mews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium