London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
20 seasons in a row and never missed the playoffs since Dale and Mark have been owners! Impressive and a monster “Thanks” to all the Knights executive past and present one heck of a job performance!

Not only do they push a lot of kids into professional hockey but also a lot of off ice support staff as well.
Yes, but is this all the Hunters or does Dave Branch, the referees, the diving coaches and the US agents get some credit as well? :D:laugh::naughty::nod::sarcasm:

Reactions: Buttsy

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I say Brochu tonight and Wednesday...Myskiw Friday vs the Soo
I may be more inclined to use Myskiw vs. Erie on the Sunday and give Brochu a little more rest before facing Kitchener on Tuesday.

I think Myskiw has three starts left in him at best.. 1 in each of the 3 in 3's plus one of the two games mentioned above

Reactions: LDN and TheCoach

Otto

The good outweighs the bad for sure and we haven't seen the attitude problems that people were saying were going to sink us... but if he's making better decisions with the puck this season I would hate to have endured what the other teams have had to deal with in previous seasons...

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Given the effect on the team's season and the unbelievable numbers he has put up, I would say Brochu should win Rookie Of The Year hands down. But I spent the last 6 years of my hockey career between Mr Klink and Mr Klank so I'm a little biased.

Most would look at the offensive numbers put up by Wright and point to that as evidence he deserves it. Those people are not very bright though.

Reactions: zman77 and Otto

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
The good outweighs the bad for sure and we haven't seen the attitude problems that people were saying were going to sink us... but if he's making better decisions with the puck this season I would hate to have endured what the other teams have had to deal with in previous seasons...
I'm just a Sharks fan but from what I remember hearing about, he had a reputation for only going for high risk home run plays when we drafted him rather than make the safe and simple plays.

Otto

I'm just a Sharks fan but from what I remember hearing about, he had a reputation for only going for high risk home run plays when we drafted him rather than make the safe and simple plays.
Safe & Simple is not the way I would describe Merkely this season at all.... I don't think anyone here would disagree with me .

Again, don't get me wrong he's helped the team immensely ... but he's made a large number of blunders as well

Reactions: LDN and TheCoach

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Merkley is like every other Offensive Dman out there. His main thing is moving the puck and making offensive player. If you even look at similar players in the NHL such as; Tyson Barrie, Ryan Ellis, Cale Makar, Shea Theodore etc. They all have good and bad aspects that you take, but when they are on and they really help the team. Almost like a 4th forward. I can see Merkley becoming an NHL defenceman.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
He has been a huge addition to the Knights team. Yes he is “high risk” “high reward” type of player and always will be. But the sheer number of times he lugs the puck out of the defensive zone and transitions our team to offence is considerable and undervalued at times. Somebody on Twitter says he still has a penchant for stupid selfish penalties again the number of times he has done this is no more then other Junior players quite frankly? As Otto notes still makes serious gaffs occasionally but he is a star player in junior and at times tries to do a little to much. He is not the only one guilty of this. He is way to smart to try some of the stuff in the NHL that he does in the OHL. He will be just fine not sure he makes the NHL next season but he is not far off IMO?

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Surprised: Evangelista, McMichael, Merkley, Brochu
Done whats expected: Foudy, Regula, Phillips, Gruden, Skinner, Steklov
Disappointed/Expected more: Stranges, Keane, Wilms, Moskal, Dunkley, Guskov, Myskiw, Panwar

Reactions: Snippit

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Disappointed/Expected more: Stranges, Keane, Wilms, Moskal, Dunkley, Guskov, Myskiw, Panwar

Fair enough.

But I will add that some of those on your disappoint/expect more list have been ask to work on certain aspects of their overall game all year/ had slow start due to injury/ learning systems and/or having to adjust to roles on tje team.
Im thinking specifically Dunkley/Giskov n Wilms. For London to go deep in the playoffs these 3 will need to contribute in various ways. I think have all started to settle in and if 2 can step up even more London is in good shape.
Stranges......just hoping for the compete. (GAS meter) to kick in. Anything he adds Ill take as a bonus. Hopefully the skill shines a couple times a game, when the going gets tougher but we will see. But I think what we see is what we get this year.

Reactions: LDN

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Agree with basically all of this.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Fair enough.

But I will add that some of those on your disappoint/expect more list have been ask to work on certain aspects of their overall game all year/ had slow start due to injury/ learning systems and/or having to adjust to roles on tje team.
Im thinking specifically Dunkley/Giskov n Wilms. For London to go deep in the playoffs these 3 will need to contribute in various ways. I think have all started to settle in and if 2 can step up even more London is in good shape.
Stranges......just hoping for the compete. (GAS meter) to kick in. Anything he adds Ill take as a bonus. Hopefully the skill shines a couple times a game, when the going gets tougher but we will see. But I think what we see is what we get this year.
I agree. For a deep playoff run Wilms, Dunkley and Guskov have to kick it into another gear!

strykerman

Sep 1, 2012
Safe & Simple is not the way I would describe Merkely this season at all.... I don't think anyone here would disagree with me .

Again, don't get me wrong he's helped the team immensely ... but he's made a large number of blunders as well
REALLY !!!!, I guess I'm the only one that will disagree, according to you. Have you ever considered where our forwards are when Mr. Merkely has the puck,...... trying to make a play,..... either covered or breaking out of the zone! I guess you would want the puck off the glass, and an icing call. THAT IS SAFE AND SIMPLE!!!! Hacking on a guy who wants to make a play!!! WOW!!! Try watching our other forwards and d men, I know there are other d men and forwards that make more, "BLUNDERS", in a game then Mr. Merkely. Can you honestly say, his play has hurt the Knights?," IMMENSELY", I agree, He is the only d man that has the skill and vision on the ice to make a play when nothing is there! I would say, if we didn't have Mr. Merkely on the team, we would not be where we are. Appreciate his skill, we dont see it too often!!!

Reactions: Buttsy

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Wright could finish the season with higher point totals than Tavares at the same age; and, the Frontenacs will likely make the playoffs. I think he is a lock for ROY.
He is on pace to surpass McDavid in his 15yo season!

Otto

REALLY !!!!, I guess I'm the only one that will disagree, according to you. Have you ever considered where our forwards are when Mr. Merkely has the puck,...... trying to make a play,..... either covered or breaking out of the zone! I guess you would want the puck off the glass, and an icing call. THAT IS SAFE AND SIMPLE!!!! Hacking on a guy who wants to make a play!!! WOW!!! Try watching our other forwards and d men, I know there are other d men and forwards that make more, "BLUNDERS", in a game then Mr. Merkely. Can you honestly say, his play has hurt the Knights?," IMMENSELY", I agree, He is the only d man that has the skill and vision on the ice to make a play when nothing is there! I would say, if we didn't have Mr. Merkely on the team, we would not be where we are. Appreciate his skill, we dont see it too often!!!

No.. I can't say that his play has hurt the Knights immensely... and I didn't say that. Sit down.. grab a cup of decaf , take a valium, and re-read my post

Reactions: TheCoach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad