London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
I was at the Bulldogs game on Saturday. Kaliyev is offensively gifted with excellent play making abilities. He would make the top 6 and PP even more deadly.

That being said, the board will lose its mind with his choppy skating. Also, after the first, he was consistently the last defender to enter the zone. In his defense, he was double shifted in the third and OT especially when Jenik left due to injury.

The Knights can afford to get Kaliyev but I'd get Lodnia. He's half the cost and a desperately needed right handed shot.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think yes add Harley and maybe do an upgrade on Nelson for Lodnia. Not sure if that would be enough though......we need a threat on O.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Regarding the Rangers:

If it’s the Rangers you look to for players, any of the three OA’s and Damiani would be good adds. If it’s a D your looking for, the Rangers don’t have any of significance that would be made available.

For a team looking for goaltending (I know London is set there), if I’m the Rangers, I entertain talks regarding Ingham.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
If it’s the Rangers you look to for players, any of the three OA’s and Damiani would be good adds. If it’s a D your looking for, the Rangers don’t have any of significance that would be made available.

For a team looking for goaltending (I know London is set there), if I’m the Rangers, I entertain talks regarding Ingham.
I like Meireles but I think he's an OA so we'd have to unload Nelson, plus whatever else is considered fair. Meireles would fit in nicely with his speed and skill. He might not be my first choice but a welcomed addition. Still hard to conceive right now that Kitchener will sell. I know where they are in the standings but a lot of talent on that team. Things could change...tight in the West.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
D
Still hard to conceive right now that Kitchener will sell. I know where they are in the standings but a lot of talent on that team. Things could change...tight in the West.

Agreed to tight to really call yet and I can’t see Kitchener selling off to the point that they are still not a playoff team potentially? Revenue from a series or two is a measure of success in Kitchener. Not sure the complete fan base would be tickled to see them “pack it in” so to speak? Yes the Ranger fans here on the board are understanding of the cyclical nature of the OHL but there are a lot of casual fans that may not be happy, happy?

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
D

Agreed to tight to really call yet and I can’t see Kitchener selling off to the point that they are still not a playoff team potentially? Revenue from a series or two is a measure of success in Kitchener. Not sure the complete fan base would be tickled to see them “pack it in” so to speak? Yes the Ranger fans here on the board are understanding of the cyclical nature of the OHL but there are a lot of casual fans that may not be happy, happy?
Also Kitchener is arguably the 2nd largest market in the OHL so they kinda need to make the playoffs. I do believe we see them turn it around.....too much skill on the team to be in 10th place in the conference.

Reactions: zman77 and Buttsy

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Also Kitchener is arguably the 2nd largest market in the OHL so they kinda need to make the playoffs. I do believe we see them turn it around.....too much skill on the team to be in 10th place in the conference.
Looking at the Rangers assets in the data base I believe they have no choice but to sell off sometime this season.

DrummondIsGod

Mar 16, 2011
No one has really talked about Jan Jenik but he would be a nice upgrade over Guskov. Guskov plus picks or Panwar for Jenik?
Jenik has been just as impressive as Kaliyev this season. Creates offense in a number of ways, will score plenty of goals, and is more of a two way guy than Kaliyev.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
No one has really talked about Jan Jenik but he would be a nice upgrade over Guskov. Guskov plus picks or Panwar for Jenik?
Jenik has been just as impressive as Kaliyev this season. Creates offense in a number of ways, will score plenty of goals, and is more of a two way guy than Kaliyev.

I'm on board with this plan.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If they sell they sell both, if they choose to not trade they wont trade either. I would like both.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I've brought it up a few times. It would give us two more weapons up front

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018

People have talked about it. Problem is that trading imports is more complicated. Team needs more people to sign off on it to avoid burning bridges with agents and NHL teams.

Reactions: zman77

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
For skills competition i have
Fastest skater -Foudy
Accuracy Shooting -McMichael
Hardest shot- Skinner
Skills Relay-Team McMichael
Elimination shootout -Stranges

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
LDN
Cost would be something around Guskov, Stranges and Panwar + 4 2nds and 4 3rds for Jenik and Kaliyev.

LDN.....................love your enthusiasm.
If the Knights are making such a deal for Jenik and Kaliyev let's also include the following:
The Budweiser Rink
2 New Zambonis
Logan Mailloux
Liam Foudy
Skinner

Reactions: shanewalsh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad