London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
It's not about being impatient. It's about what he brings each game, and it isn't much. He's just not strong enough to create space for himself and his bag of tricks doesn't have many tricks in it. It's easy to excel against boys when you've got slick hands, but to me it seems like Stranges is trying to ride his minor hockey success to an NHL draft pick without doing any work. Almost like he "expects" to be picked and doesn't want to do anything extra to solidify it. He had 7 points in his first 4 games this season...he has 8 in his last 15 and seems to be getting softer and easier to nudge off the puck each game.

The scouting report is simple on Stranges...lean on him and he starts to sulk and has no additional game to push back. Call it a sophomore jinx or call it what you want, but I just don't see the work ethic needed to succeed at this level or higher. The ice is thin under him

Yes, but work ethic is something that CAN be corrected. He just has to come to the realization that the Hunters know what they're doing and he needs to start listening and adjusting his game accordingly.

To me, it's ALL about being patient...and hopefully it pays off for us in the long run, and not some other OHL team!

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
What are everyone's thoughts on Panwar? I'm surprised he's not mentioned much.

Lol....not much to mention. I think the general feeling is disappointment in his game. Some people saw potential in his game last season, unfortunately, I wasn't one of them...too soft.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
What are everyone's thoughts on Panwar? I'm surprised he's not mentioned much.
It's strange what a year makes. Consider this...
Our first round pick last season, Luke Evangelista, does not dress for the bulk of regular season games, and does not record a single goal. OHL fans (non-Knights fans) are horrified! Why isn't Hunter playing his first round pick, not doing so will stunt the kid's development, etc..?
Panwar, 2nd rd, pick, plays more games than Evangelista, puts up some decent numbers, and looks good in the minutes that he's given. Forecast is for a strong sophomore season.
As a rookie, Stranges played regularly, showcased his talent (especially in shootouts), and was expected to put up big numbers this season, his draft year.
Well, well, well...let's revisit that:
Of the three, Evangelista appears to be (currently) the most promising prospect; he's given a prominent role. Panwar is playing on the 4th line, limited minutes, and hasn't done anything really to impress. Stranges is in the doghouse, unable to grasp the defensive side of the game--hope that changes.
I remember last year, a few outsiders, complained that Evangelista was likely miffed that he wasn't playing given that the first round picks from other teams were seeing their fair share of ice. Fast forward a year----we find that not playing much in his rookie season did NOT produce a whiny Evangelista nor did it hurt his development. Panwar, on the other hand, who did receive ice as a rookie, has not played well this season. Stranges is not having the break out year that some, including myself, anticipated.
Panwar is expendable, but the return will be minimal due to his poor stats.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
The whole point on moving Stranges is this: if he was playing the way he should, it wouldnt be a discussion point in that teams would ask for him and Hunter would hang up the phone. The reason why other teams trade for him is because he does have talent and another two years to offer another team. To give up a rental for that makes sense - it’s similar to the Thomas for McMichael deal....future talent for a stud rental. In the proposed Stranges for Kaliyev deal, the dogs would hope that Stranges can live up to half of what McMichael has turned out to be. My issue is two fold: yes it’s frustrating watching Stranges because it looks like an attitude issue....he doesn’t have the compete level needed. And second, I’m all in on this season and if you are of the same mindset then it’s time to consider making some big deals that might hurt a bit (giving up potential future). But that’s what you do when you’re the Knights. Kaliyev, Harley, plus another big bodied forward and maybe another veteran D and I’ll be over the moon happy with our chances to win the OHL.
Btw, Panwar I would hang on to because I don’t think any team would give anything of value for him...that said, if he’s needed in a deal I absolutely move him too.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
London Knights continue to be hot off the draw
By Mike Stubbs 980 CFPL

Nobody in the Ontario Hockey League has been better in the faceoff circle this season than Nathan Dunkley of the London Knights.
“I think by now I’ve just been in the league awhile so I know the top faceoff guys,” Dunkley says. “I know some of the things they like to do and you try to react to that.”
Dunkley is followed closely by Billy Moskal (3rd) and Matvey Guskov (5th) at the very top of the list of players who have taken at least 150 draws.
Faceoffs have long been a fixture of focus for the Knights. During head coach Dale Hunter’s 19-year National Hockey League career he was always one of the best. He used any trick and tactic available to get an added advantage.
Hunter was known to skate into the circle and greet his opponent with a little something like, “I don’t know if you saw what happened last time I took a faceoff but my stick accidentally came up and hit the other guy under his chin.” Hunter would flash a cheeky smile and finish with, “I really hope that doesn’t happen this time.”
London Knights continue to be hot off the draw

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Nathan Dunkley
Ontario Hockey League ranking: 1st
Faceoff record through 20 games: 141-88
Trending Stories

Reactions: KnightsWatch

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I'd like to see Panwar given a shot with McMichael for a few games. Has he really earned it, no, but maybe he'll do well on an offensive line instead of playing on an energy line.

Also, is Rolofs playing anywhere besides the Knights? I sure hope he's played more than 5 games of hockey this year.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Here is Antonio Stranges scoring the 1st Goal.
Billy Moskal tallies the 2nd Goal.
4 Goals in 6 minutes: 39 sec.
Knights are flying!!

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
3 Consecutive Penalties for Cole Tymkin
He's capable of scoring 15-20 goals in a season.
Knights need his strength and toughness but not the extra stuff.

Penalty
1ST 18:40
Cole Tymkin Holding Opp. Stick Minor 2:00Power Play
Penalty
3RD 8:52
Cole Tymkin Slashing Minor 2:00Power Play
Penalty
3RD 11:17
Cole Tymkin Slashing Minor 2:00Power Play

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
3 pts separate 1 thru 6 in the west. Albeit not all equal GP.
Going to be interesting as GMs and staffs in the west use the next month to evaluate where they are and decide if they are active heading up to and until the trade deadline AND which direction they go.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
3 pts separate 1 thru 6 in the west. Albeit not all equal GP.
Going to be interesting as GMs and staffs in the west use the next month to evaluate where they are and decide if they are active heading up to and until the trade deadline AND which direction they go.

I think with Erie and OS slipping a bit, it leaves 5 teams who may ponder a run: Windsor, London, Saginaw, Guelph, Flint.

I can't imagine Guelph has many assets left to trade after buying half the league last season but it looks like they still have a pretty good team.

But the other 4 will likely all make moves to get better. Flint for sure because it's their first year being good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad