London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
To quote PP the other day “sorry, I thought I was on the *Guelph Storm board*”

* edited to reflect PP’s quote to match this thread*

I think the teams are looking to the playoffs instead of dealing with the games they have left in the regular season.

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
It's not goaltending or defense that'll end up being the downfall of this team. It's the lack of offense and the inability to get that big goal when it's really needed. We just don't have that marquis play-maker who can be counted on to make something happen when the game is on the line. The closest we have to it is Stranges and he is still too green and rotting on the 4th line.
Frosty anybody

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Okay well is it possible to still tank and get a nice draft pick? I heard that Shane Wright kid is pretty good ...lol in all seriousness we need to get our act together or we will be out in the 1st round...what is the problem here this is such a turmoil

Reactions: Knights2729

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Have we had a contending team that slumped this hard late in the season?

This is absurd.

Yes we did, I remember a team;

The 98-99 team went from 6th down to out of playoff position in late Jan and then put their games back on a big roll to finish 4th or 5th place. It's also the team that lost in the final to Belleville. Sometime during that slump John Erskine kicked all coaches and team personnel out of the dressing room and then locked the door so the team could have a players only meeting in piece. What ever was said it worked, someone should ask Gene Chiarello next time he's at the Bud of what was said in that meeting.

Reactions: zman77

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Another win by the Hounds and another loss by the Knights puts both teams at 39 wins

7 more points by Saginaw and 0 by SSM/London would put Saginaw in 1st

We're just posting hypotheticals that are true but have absolutely nothing to do with the conversation, right...?

Reactions: sbpointer

Londoner Knight

Aug 31, 2016
London Ont
I've seen Knights game worn for sale in one of the Facebook groups recently. I've got 4 of them but I'm not parting with them

Any chance you can lend some info? I've got the white Dvo Mem Cup jersey I'm willing to move...some other Mem Cup patches too from that year...as well as some items that were obtained through "special circumstance". Message me please.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
3-1 loss to the Petes

If this team is to use speed they'll need all 4 lines, it's not happening right now and other teams are taking notice the Knights can be beaten. Their opponents are putting in extra efforts of their own speed to pressure the Knights down low and noticeably as well in all four corners of the rink. Also it appears as if the Knights are gripping their sticks a little too tight missing in on some great chances, they may need to loosen up a little bit, the chances are there that means the goals will start to go in.

But if they want to keep it up at full speed they'll need to use their 4th line more. IMHP

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
7 more points by Saginaw and 0 by SSM/London would put Saginaw in 1st

We're just posting hypotheticals that are true but have absolutely nothing to do with the conversation, right...?

Well the hypothetical is significant in this scenario, because a tie breaker would only come into play if they are tied on points...and to be tied on points, SSM would likely pick up an additional win over London.

But I'm pretty sure the tie-breaker in the standings is ROW, and SSM has more than London.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Well the hypothetical is significant in this scenario, because a tie breaker would only come into play if they are tied on points...and to be tied on points, SSM would likely pick up an additional win over London.

But I'm pretty sure the tie-breaker in the standings is ROW, and SSM has more than London.

If Soo wins and London loses tomorrow hypothetically both teams would be identical 39-12-6-1 records so it goes to head to head right?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
sad time to be a London Knights fan thats for sure!

Hang in there my friend

It happens to all teams in a long season Pros and juniors. The Knights have been doing well all season, this is their first hiccup and their are still lots of time before playoffs to put their acts back together again. However I personally would love to see a steady fully operational 4th line (the energy line) before the start of the playoffs.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Hang in there my friend

It happens to all teams in a long season Pros and juniors. The Knights have been doing well all season, this is their first hiccup and their are still lots of time before playoffs to put their acts back together again. However I personally would love to see a steady fully operational 4th line (the energy line) before the start of the playoffs.
I agree. IMO I would like to see the following lines:
1. FOUDY-HANCOCK-COTTER
2. FORMO-NELSON-STRANGES
3. MCMICHAEL-DUNKLEY-GUSKOV
4. TURKO-TYMKIN-MOSKAL

BOUCHARD-LOCHEAD
REGULA-BOQVIST
KEANE-COOME

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
I agree. IMO I would like to see the following lines:
1. FOUDY-HANCOCK-COTTER
2. FORMO-NELSON-STRANGES
3. MCMICHAEL-DUNKLEY-GUSKOV
4. TURKO-TYMKIN-MOSKAL

BOUCHARD-LOCHEAD
REGULA-BOQVIST
KEANE-COOME

Very interesting

Don' t known about Moskal on fourth line and Nelson on second or McMichael and Dunkley on third but what you have here would definitely be four strong lines that could work if all players buys into it

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I can’t figure out what’s happening to this team, most times it’s glaringly obvious. This slump is putting everything into question. With three first round NHL picks, five other drafted players, future NHL locks in Guskov McMicheal and Stranges, not to mention the leagues forth best scorer in Hancock, it’s really hard to see the team implode.

Team defence is a major issue, and has been all year even during the winning streak.

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Very interesting

Don' t known about Moskal on fourth line and Nelson on second or McMichael and Dunkley on third but what you have here would definitely be four strong lines that could work if all players buys into it
Good point, but remember Lines 3 and 4 wer very successful together earlier in the season. Dunk, Mac and Guskov play well together and Line 4 was a beast of a 'checking' line that consistently hemmed opposing teams in their own ends AND created scoring chances at the same time. Cotter played well on the first line when he first came up so move him back. Can't do any worse than Forms right now. IMO go with what got you here.

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Good point, but remember Lines 3 and 4 wer very successful together earlier in the season. Dunk, Mac and Guskov play well together and Line 4 was a beast of a 'checking' line that consistently hemmed opposing teams in their own ends AND created scoring chances at the same time. Cotter played well on the first line when he first came up so move him back. Can't do any worse than Forms right now. IMO go with what got you here.

:thumbu:

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
Highlight reel goals or nothing.
You know it's funny...you interview any hockey player after a loss and they'll say the same things...we should have got more pucks to the net etc., yet they never seem to figure that out during the game.
When the opposing team clogs up the front of the net and you can't get those close in low percentage passes to work maybe you should try shooting through all those bodies.

Reactions: Knights Watcher

ScorzyRocks

Dec 13, 2018
After watching the game it was clear to me what happened. The Petes forchecked the hell out our D. Our forwards who are young and skilled but not strong. We gave up 2 goals plus an empty netter. D is not the problem. Bringing in Keane was redundant. We needed 2 forwards who were defensively sound and bangers (the Ruperts 2.0). Imagine if we had brought in Gallant and Nurse. Those were are needs. Did not get what we needed at the trade deadline.

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
this team loves the behind the back pass and drop pass. Boqvist passed the puck behind his back infront of Raaymakers last night that lead to a score chance by the Pete's. Cotter dropped the puck for Stranger but that lead to a turn over. The sloppy play needs to be fixed.
this should be the teams mantra the rest of the way

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad