GDT: LOLCanes @ LOLCats

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beardy*

Panther fan claims their loss last night was influenced by the refs. WTH? Did he watch the same game I watched?

I'm hoping for another similar outing tonight down in Sunrise. Cane's gonna make the sun rise in Sunrise. :p:
They're just typical Miami sports fans. It's never their fault, never because someone else is just better... No, they're getting slighted somehow... Look at the anger coming out of Miami from the college football scandal. It's all the fault of the NCAA and they are a clean bunch...

Whatever, they're just a bunch of whiners, but what do you expect it off the fans of the most insignificant team in the Eastern Conference? They actually thought their division title last year was well earned instead of being the winner by not sucking the most.

AntonFromAppState

Hurricaniac
Jan 18, 2007
North Carolina
They're just typical Miami sports fans. It's never their fault, never because someone else is just better... No, they're getting slighted somehow... Look at the anger coming out of Miami from the college football scandal. It's all the fault of the NCAA and they are a clean bunch...

Whatever, they're just a bunch of whiners, but what do you expect it off the fans of the most insignificant team in the Eastern Conference? They actually thought their division title last year was well earned instead of being the winner by not sucking the most.

Gonna have to defend them a bit on this because I am an avid dolphins fan. Majority of us know that our team sucks because of a terrible team not because of the other team having the upper hand (unless it's the patriots and we all know that their OL get away with more holding calls than anyone)

I have no defense for the heat, marlins, panthers, or the "hurricanes"

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Ugh, yeah, I don't mean to call out any individual fans here because I've known some decent Florida ones, but just got back from both of their GDTs (last night and tonight) and those guys are a disgrace...

Reactions: MinJaBen

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
This game does have letdown written all over it, but i'm still feeling a win tonight. My Canes ESP has been very good so far this year.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Ugh, yeah, I don't mean to call out any individual fans here because I've known some decent Florida ones, but just got back from both of their GDTs (last night and tonight) and those guys are a disgrace...

Yep. Totally regret mildly rooting for them in last year's playoffs. Won't make that mistake again.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Theory: The Canes struggle on the PP because of the other teams ability to ice the puck without penalty. At even strength, they pin them end, get takeaways, and generate a ton of scoring opportunities off that. And if the other team ices the puck, which they seem to be doing quite often this year, no problem, just send out the other Staal line, and do it again.

On the PP, instead of trying to have to skate or pass their way past the Canes, just hammer it down the ice, and problem solve.

Going on the PP eliminates the Canes biggest strength, which is creating turnovers while the other team is trying to come out of the zone.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Then don't go to their GDTs, simple as that. The ones that do have some sense are hardly ever the most vocal and that goes for just about every fanbase. There's just a certain segment of their fanbase that just snaps at the mere mention of anything Canes the way a few still snap on here at the mention of anything Sabres. Save yourself the headache, and myself and Dale a moderation headache in the process.

If a few of them are dumb enough to believe LaRose dove himself into a concussion last night, let them, their own rigidity says all there is to know about their intelligence level.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Something tells me Westgarth/Wallace/Gleason/Harrison will be out on the ice early and often tonight. Maybe Faulk will be looking to hone his beatdown skills as well. :yo:

caniac315

Nov 21, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I hope Sasha gets a goal for his birthday too.

Maybe Tripp can talk about the fact that it is today and not about it being tomorrow, or today over in Russia, like he did last night.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
I hate NYC.

Place smells bad, over crowded, and I won't go into it much farther then that.

Been there twice. Wouldn't mind visiting again (mostly for broadway shows) but can't understand how people can actually live there.

Did you guys go anywhere outside of midtown/downtown? A lot of New York is pretty nice, relatively quiet (compared to midtown at least) and not insane like the big business and touristy areas. I think it's a wonderful place to live depending on where you are (just like any city). Definitely not for everyone, though.

Looks like I missed a great game last night. Thrilled to see Nash break out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad