Online Series: Loki - season 2 starting October 6th, 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
Leagues better than WandaVision, such is the power of being upfront with your conflict and plot ASAP. If you remove the 3rd episode this is basically just a movie padded into a television show. Two notes:

Not a fan of how quickly the Lokis concluded the animatronic fakeout meant the whole concept of the Timekeepers was BS as opposed to this being a decoy/fake out. Not that I mind the Timekeepers being BS (tbh it was kind of obvious, though I was erring toward them being dead), I don't like how immediately the Lokis jumped to that conclusion.

Also not a fan of the Tom Hiddleston death fakeout. I guess I'm tired of Marvel promising consequential things and then failing to deliver. The most impact Civil War had on the MCU narrative wise was Tony Stark's reluctance to phone Cap, so he had Banner do it. At least we didn't have to wait around to see if Tom Hiddleston had actually been killed off or not

Also the soundtrack is amazing, the tense and emotional stings are stuck in my head.

Last edited:

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Leagues better than WandaVision, such is the power of being upfront with your conflict and plot ASAP. If you remove the 3rd episode this is basically just a movie padded into a television show. Two notes:

Not a fan of how quickly the Lokis concluded the animatronic fakeout meant the whole concept of the Timekeepers was BS as opposed to this being a decoy/fake out. Not that I mind the Timekeepers being BS (tbh it was kind of obvious, though I was erring toward them being dead), I don't like how immediately the Lokis jumped to that conclusion.

Also not a fan of the Tom Hiddleston death fakeout. I guess I'm tired of Marvel promising consequential things and then failing to deliver. The most impact Civil War had on the MCU narrative wise was Tony Stark's reluctance to phone Cap, so he had Banner do it. At least we didn't have to wait around to see if Tom Hiddleston had actually been killed off or not

Also the soundtrack is amazing, the tense and emotional stings are stuck in my head.

Regarding your spoiler, at this point you kind of have to expect that with Marvel unfortunately. And that probably won't change moving forward.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Loki cutting Sif’s hair and getting his ass kicked as a consequence actually happened in the Norse mythology

lady-sif-is-back-1625061502.jpg

Also Richard E Grant in the classic Loki costume lol

loki-6.jpg.webp

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
So the villain at this point has to be Kang but there is something problematic about having 4 episodes in the show with 2 left with no mention of the villain. We did not see this in the previous two shows so that leads me back to this theory that a future Loki is the one behind it all which then makes even less sense. Surely the show can't be Loki vs Loki with a redemption ark but then another Loki?

I dunno I've loved it all so far but I think they're trying to fit a very ambitious storyline in here and doing it within 6 episodes will lead to a lot of clumsiness, some of which we already saw imo starting with this past episode.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
So the villain at this point has to be Kang but there is something problematic about having 4 episodes in the show with 2 left with no mention of the villain. We did not see this in the previous two shows so that leads me back to this theory that a future Loki is the one behind it all which then makes even less sense. Surely the show can't be Loki vs Loki with a redemption ark but then another Loki?

I dunno I've loved it all so far but I think they're trying to fit a very ambitious storyline in here and doing it within 6 episodes will lead to a lot of clumsiness, some of which we already saw imo starting with this past episode.

Screen_Shot_2016_11_08_at_1.38.51_PM__2_.0.png

Forgot Disney has the rights to Kang and Kodos now. Good thinking.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
And that young Loki kid is part of the Young Avengers in the comics, I wonder if Disney has plans for him

The groundwork for a Young Avengers series and/or movie does seem to be falling into place. The Enchantress (Sylvie) has dealings with them. We have a Hawkeye show coming up, and the Kate Bishop Hawkeye has been promised. And the Young Avengers comic nemesis? Kang the Conqueror.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

Ravonna is the villain of the show. Kang may be introduced, but it’ll just be setting him up for future MCU action.

SepticFish

Jul 14, 2005
The groundwork for a Young Avengers series and/or movie does seem to be falling into place. The Enchantress (Sylvie) has dealings with them. We have a Hawkeye show coming up, and the Kate Bishop Hawkeye has been promised. And the Young Avengers comic nemesis? Kang the Conqueror.
I'm surprised they still haven't announced plans for the Young Avengers after introducing so many already. Kid Loki, Stature, Wiccan, Speed and Patriot we've seen. Kate Bishop is coming in Hawkeye, America Chavez is coming in Dr. Strange and Kang leads to Iron Lad. Not to mention they could also include Ms. Marvel and Ironheart. Or even the new Vision. Who's left? Just Hulkling? Maybe he shows up in Secret Invasion or The Marvels.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Yep I think exactly this.

Ravonna will be the villain of the series and we'll get like a post credits scene after the series teasing Kang similar to how they teased Thanos after The Avengers.

Pretty much this. My guess is that the events of Loki will be the setup/motive for Kang stepping into he forefront where he'll be teased in the final episodes. While the MCU's shows are not key components of their storyline in comparison to the movie (allegedly), they provide some important character developments and will help explain some actions/motives in the movies.

My guess:

Ravonna is killed by the Loki's and as the TVA crumbles, this sets up Kang's motive to engage a war. Losing his love and control over the timeline sends Kang on a vengeful rampage to regain control on the multi-verse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad