Confirmed with Link: Logan Stanley 2 years 1.25 million

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
That’s good. Sign the the guy who requested a trade, doesn’t want to be here, and doesn’t okay worth a crap. But let Dillon go, who seemed like he wanted to be here, and was one of the few guys on this team with any toughness. Not fake Scheifele toughness, real toughness.
Just know the next thing will be a Chevy contract extension.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Stanley after signing his extension...

giphy.gif

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I’m envisioning a world where the Jsts are in the Cup Final, and the NHL’s dumbass scheduling has the final taking place in July. Ice conditions are absolute shit and so, in the interest of player safety, Bettman announces that instead of playing hockey for game 7, the two finalists will square off in a chocolate cupcake-eating contest. Stanley helps us there. I’m okay with this signing if that’s the case.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Chevy is going to make Stanley a NHLer if it kills him ( Chevy ).

Because of genetics ( being 6'7" ) and Chevy's stubbornness / ego, Stanley has managed to make $8,712,500 over his career.

Based on hockey ability alone, if Stanley had been 5'10" instead on 6'7"... the closest he would have gotten to an NHL game would have been buying my tickets on fansfirst.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
That’s good. Sign the the guy who requested a trade, doesn’t want to be here, and doesn’t okay worth a crap. But let Dillon go, who seemed like he wanted to be here, and was one of the few guys on this team with any toughness. Not fake Scheifele toughness, real toughness.
Just know the next thing will be a Chevy contract extension.
Not a huge Stanley fan but its ok as cheap depth and if Stanley still wanted out of here why would he sign another contract with Winnipeg?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If he signed a two year deal, one year out from free agency, there must have been a talk with coaches and management about playing time this year... I'd think he starts as a starter, has a job to lose....Heinola will now be the one who has to play his way in to the lineup. The Jets are definitely going to carry 8 d-man, wonder if Arniel dresses 7 at times this year, 80s style.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Chevy is going to make Stanley a NHLer if it kills him ( Chevy ).

Because of genetics ( being 6'7" ) and Chevy's stubbornness / ego, Stanley has managed to make $8,712,500 over his career.

Based on hockey ability alone, if Stanley had been 5'10" instead on 6'7"... the closest he would have gotten to an NHL game would have been buying my tickets on fansfirst.
If Stanley were 5'10, he wouldn't have gotten an opportunity and the people who are bitching about us signing him are the same ones that would have bitched had we lost him on waivers

That's the irony. Hardly a day goes by without someone lamenting the fact that we lost a 6'4 RHD in Kovacevic but he's no better than Stanley

He's a 7D. Not everyone on your blueline can be a Norris trophy candidate. Every team carries a defenseman as bad as Stanley. Many carry more than one, and lots of them are even worse

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I actually didn't mind tree down the stretch. He was finally playing mean while also playing a more simplified game. He's useful if he picks up from there.

It is not that he can't play somewhere in the NHL. He is not terrible as a 7th Dman. But I'm tired of him. I'm tired of him playing ahead of other, better 6/7 Dmen.

And we are overpaying him. Something <1 mil would be more appropriate. He is 1 guy we don't need to overpay to keep.

I am okay with the deal. The onus is on him to develop his game and improve to force a spot in the lineup. Ideally, he catches fire and Cheveldayoff can deal him in an overpay situation.

Is that you Chevy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad