Recalled/Assigned: Logan Mailloux recalled from the Laval Rocket

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm concerned about recalling Mailman.

The first game he was sent down, he went on a rampage and played like an angry man against boys. 2 goals. 2 assists.

I don't want him back up and Marty'ized. Turned into a trembling capon, unsure if he will be flying paper airplanes from the stands on his first mistake.

Hutson is a mistake machine but hasn't missed a shift. I think 4 of the goals in the Penquins game were partial to totally on him.

Let's see how he handles Mailman THIS TIME...

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

The first game he was sent down, he went on a rampage and played like an angry man against boys. 2 goals. 2 assists.

I don't want him back up and Marty'ized. Turned into a trembling capon, unsure if he will be flying paper airplanes from the stands on his first mistake.

Hutson is a mistake machine but hasn't missed a shift. I think 4 of the goals in the Penquins game were partial to totally on him.

I lol'd at 'trembling capon'. I'm gonna pre-credit you with my using it in the future.

Reactions: HabsAddict

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Finally... guhle/savard so much better.. hutson/mailloux will make a lot of mistakes, but a hell of a lot of fun to watch!
I would put Mailman and Hutson on the power play and light a dozen candles.

IF they light it up with 2-3 pp goals, it will drive Marty crazy.

I'm convinced that Marty is convinced the only wsy to run the pp is with 5 Marties passing the puck around.

I like the classic set up of a quarterback back there and a cannon. Hutson can dance all he wants and draw defenders, Mailman can deliver the bombs.

Let's see.

I lol'd at 'trembling capon'. I'm gonna pre-credit you with my using it in the future.
On the other forum some people didn't know what a capon is.

Most don't get the picture...

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
it's not like it would stop Habs picking another D
Wrong. They have always picked the consensus pick in the first round. Slaf slightly above Wright. Reinbacher and Michkov a toss up. If they were picking 4th or 5th and there is a d close to forwards at that pick they might go that way.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
it's not like it would stop Habs picking another D

Right now, they would have to reach to pick a RHD in the top5. I don't see them passing all those NA-based quality forwards for Hensler or Threteway.

Getting a D with their other 1st (11-32) is a lot more realistic.

Wrong. They have always picked the consensus pick in the first round. Slaf slightly above Wright. Reinbacher and Michkov a toss up. If they were picking 4th or 5th and there is a d close to forwards at that pick they might go that way.

They haven't gone off the board, but I wouldn't say they have picked the concensus either.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Right now, they would have to reach to pick a RHD in the top5. I don't see them passing all those NA-based quality forwards for Hensler or Threteway.

Getting a D with their other 1st (11-32) is a lot more realistic.

They haven't gone off the board, but I wouldn't say they have picked the concensus either.
With Slaf it was 50-50 with Wright. At 5 some would have taken reinbacher and some Michkov. They didn't go off the board with those picks. Mesar and beck were picked close to where they werw ranked. Demidov was ranked higher than he went and Hage should have been.

Reactions: themilosh

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
With Slaf it was 50-50 with Wright. At 5 some would have taken reinbacher and some Michkov. They didn't go off the board with those picks. Mesar and beck were picked close to where they werw ranked. Demidov was ranked higher than he went and Hage should have been.

As I said, not off the board, but not concensus either.

For the 26th, consensus would have been Lambert (16) or Kulich (18) not Mesar (30).

For 33, it would have been Chesley (25) not Beck (33).

Anyway, we both agree they don't go off the board, at least not in the first round.

After that it's another story. 🤣

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
A fellow Bardolator, I presume :D:thumbu:
In another Habs forum i had a friend who was an aspiring writer. Being competitive to a sad degree, there was no way i was going to let his post paintings go unchallanged...and the war of word brushings was on!

Sadly, he stopped posting (i call it surrender). I miss him, but i still brush a stroke or two. Mostly to amuse myself...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Im happy to see Mailloux get the call. We need to spread out the offensive defencemen. I think he is going to bring even more offensive spark to the back end.

Hutson - Savard
Guhle - Barron
Xhekaj - Mailloux

God we are weak on the right side. We need Reinbacher to hit so bad, or we better start thinking about who we can draft for RD or trade for RD. It is a hole in this d corps(e).
It's imo too late in the rebuild process to draft a D with the plan for him to be part of the main core. Dmen takes longuer to develop so the next top pick should be a forward again. If Reinbacher doesn't work we will have to trade for one. We have lot of assets to trade.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

What are you talking about? Afternoon drunk? MSL is the head coach of this team, it's not Michel Therrien anymore.

Hutson gets his ice time, Slaf got his, Guhle got his. Guys Barron and Heineman went down last year because they were not playing well, period. I'm not going to pretend like MSL is a great coach so far, but he's not the type of coach you're describing, not even close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad