Prospect Info: Logan Mailloux Part 3 The Only Hockey Talk Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I have to say, I hate to harp on a young player, I've seen Mailloux play in all NHL games, a few Junior games and a few in Laval. He has NHL size, NHL shot, good hands, decent offence but every time I watch him play I am always and I mean always wanting more out of him. I don't know what it is but I don't feel like he is a winning player. He may play in the NHL but I think he will always be one of those players who should be better than he is but never really gets there. Hope I am wrong, because he has everything going for him
more time

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
I have to say, I hate to harp on a young player, I've seen Mailloux play in all NHL games, a few Junior games and a few in Laval. He has NHL size, NHL shot, good hands, decent offence but every time I watch him play I am always and I mean always wanting more out of him. I don't know what it is but I don't feel like he is a winning player. He may play in the NHL but I think he will always be one of those players who should be better than he is but never really gets there. Hope I am wrong, because he has everything going for him
Mailloux had a very good rookie season last year with Laval after playing just a few games more than a full season in 3 junior years. Fans will have to be patient and like you said he’s got a lot going on for him.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I still remember all the outraged idiots scorning the Maestro for taking Mailloux. And now they walk this thread whistling like nothing happened.

lol

Picking Mailloux was another proof of courage by Maestro Bergevin and Majestic Geoff.

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I still remember the outraged idiots scorning the Maestro for taking Mailloux. And now they walk this thread whistling like nothing happened.

lol

I don't recall the criticism being about the quality or potential of the player. If anything, most acknowledged that Mailloux fell in that draft.

The reason he fell, and the reason the choice to draft him was panned by a large range of hockey & non-hockey people was never about the future potential of his hockey career.

He seems to have kept his nose clean since then, and shown enough to the new management group for them to keep investing in his development. I'd say it's a positive thing that most have moved from his mistake. Hopefully he has actually grown from it and doesnt do anything to hurt another person and make the team & fans regret supporting him.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I still remember all the outraged idiots scorning the Maestro for taking Mailloux. And now they walk this thread whistling like nothing happened.

lol

Picking Mailloux was another proof of courage by Maestro Bergevin and Majestic Geoff.

I still remember people defending sexual assault and pretending that it was completely ok to not only go against Logan's wishes to not be drafted, but also make the selection without reaching to the victim and then having the victim have to live through the consequences of his actions to be 'drafted in the 1st round by Montreal'.

It wasn't courage. It was another evidence that Bergevin was a shitty human.

Logan earned his second chance and did everything he could, from all accounts, following the selection. So obviously Logan got afforded the ability to do better and that is why the noise has died down.

No one should ever applaud Bergevin for what he did. He's a trash human being who handled everything with the subtlety of a baboon. The way they handled the media after the selection was also a blight on the franchise.

Thankfully it was the final straw for Geoff with shareholders threatening to pull out and it finally got Bergevin and his infection out of the franchise and we are beyond better for it. Also believe Logan is better for it because real humans with real emotions and real tact were able to handle his second chance and ensure it was done properly.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I still remember people defending sexual assault and pretending that it was completely ok to not only go against Logan's wishes to not be drafted, but also make the selection without reaching to the victim and then having the victim have to live through the consequences of his actions to be 'drafted in the 1st round by Montreal'.

Logan earned his second chance and did everything he could, from all accounts, following the selection. So obviously Logan got afforded the ability to do better and that is why the noise has died down.

No one should ever applaud Bergevin for what he did. He's a trash human being who handled everything with the subtlety of a baboon. The way they handled the media after the selection was also a blight on the franchise.

Thankfully it was the final straw for Geoff with shareholders threatening to pull out and it finally got Bergevin and his infection out of the franchise and we are beyond better for it. Also believe Logan is better for it because real humans with real emotions and real tact were able to handle his second chance and ensure it was done properly.

TLDR

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010

This has got to be the best post I’ve read in a long time....

Thanks man, couldn’t have been said anybetter

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This has got to be the best post I’ve read in a long time....

Thanks man, couldn’t have been said anybetter
Agreed

Well said @WeThreeKings

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad